Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

Here are some changes we know about

New 22 LSV to replace the 22 VLX and update with Wakeview Bench and hull design similar to 23 LSV. 

New 25 LSV design to match LSV lineup. Possible Mid-Year launch(fall)

New Tower Design GX(10) with Power Fold

New interior full color options like blue and green as seen at some boat shows earlier this year

New colors. No more Stratosphere Blue. Replace With Vapor Blue Metallic. 

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
Just now, plick1221 said:

New colors. No more Stratosphere Blue. Replace With Vapor Blue Metallic. 

WWWWWHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTYYYYY?!?!!!!!?!!!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

WWWWWHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTYYYYY?!?!!!!!?!!!

Ha! Same thing I said when i heard that last week. But...I believe Vapor Blue IS what Strat Metallic is made from so is it just a name change? My '16 had both colors on it. Strat and Vapor. (see pic)

IMG_7684.JPG

IMG_7157.JPG

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Ha! Same thing I said when i heard that last week. But...I believe Vapor Blue IS what Strat Metallic is made from so is it just a name change? My '16 had both colors on it. Strat and Vapor. (see pic)

IMG_7684.JPG

IMG_7157.JPG

I thought of that after my initial panic and sure hope that is the case!

• Like 1
On 5/12/2018 at 10:12 PM, gibbs114 said:

Redesigned 22vlx and T23 New M series boat.

22VLX??? are you sure.... study the letters

• Like 2

Trust me, there are many people on here that know all the new model details. They are sworn to secrecy and they will stick to that so they know details early next year. All the details will be out soon enough. Malibu won't release it all until it's time. There will be teasers though...

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Trust me, there are many people that on here that know all the new model details. They are sworn to secrecy and they will stick to that so they know early next year. All the details will be out soon enough. Malibu won't release it all until it's time. There will be teasers though...

Can you just tell me if it’s worth selling my 16 23 LSV this year and buying my dealers first 19 25 LSV. lol. I don’t need specifics. Lol

12 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Well, I buy a new boat every year so yes, IMO, always go for the new boat! ☺️

Works for me. 

Thought about upgrading so u folks that do this every year let me ask how u deal with it? Purchased mine a demo boat with if I remember just under 50hrs end of 2016, used it for a month, then all last year, now starting this season. I'm so darn busy with work and kids even getting standard service like oil change ends up being a hassle or down time. Dialing in a boat with some accessories and other things takes a tad time as well.

So I'm currently at 136hrs, so 1-2 month in 2016, then all last year, now this year for 1mo so around 86hrs thus far in all that time. Hopefully a good year and get 50+ on it this summer, 95% which will be Sandbar and cruising now with a 5/3/1 yr old.. 

With needing Maybe a 20 + 50 hr service on a new boat plus break end period it's a huge turn off for me, this why I loved the demo boat where several kinks were worked out that would have been down time for me, ie bad amp,/speaker minor things.. so this seriously deters me from upgrading as often as I'd like. Am I wrong in thinking with my usage it's not worth the hassles)time and potential loss of very limited time?

Work doesn't slow down until August where I start to take Fridays in August off but now my 5yr old will start school August 6th here in IN.. seriously what happened to Memorial day to labor day ??? Hopefully the idiots in IN will figure it out like our neighbors in MI.. I may just have my kid skip schools on August Fridays...it's kindergarten so "whatever" to the school system.. so long story short my summers just got even shorter @#*$$#!

I just don't see how I have time to upgrade if it costs me any downtime in standard service or kinks /bugs..so it's depressing and not sure what my options are.. 

The closer SMALL dealers are not going to order 25s let alone loaded 25s to run as demos and then sell to me at end of season. It's too big for most folks on the lakes around them, that puts me at 3hrs to a dealer that might (current dealer I purchased from).. now you can see the other situation here... Standard service/oil etc local nautique dealer 1 mi away can do, but bugs and kinks puts me at 3hrs each way with a drop off (full day) then going back for pickup another full day.. sometimes an impossible thing during work week... Closer BU dealers will shun my service work, are way smaller and rightfully put me at back of line.. small dealers get so backed up with service it could mean a week gone or two weekends gone for any little service .. if it's not a useable type deal/issue then I'm totally FUBAR on lost time without the long 3hr each way hike

Need advice in what u folks think given my limitations on time what the best approach to upgrades are and how to approach.. or just wait and do every 4-5yrs instead of every 1-2 yrs? 

Perhaps wait till a second year release on upgrade model yr? 2019 25 upgrade as example so maybe do a 2020 25 where any factory tweaks are addressed..  

Errr need feedback.. those that do this every yeyor every other year must have serious time dedicated for the whole process

Edited by The Hulk

I’m self employed and am 25 min from local water (weekday trips) and lakes are a weekend thing. 

I like to do every 2 years and my local dealer is 5 miles from my house and I have a great relationship with them. 

Plus I have $15k in stereo in mine so they usually try to not keep my boat very long (outdoor fenced storage). 

I put 100+ hours a season so If i kept too long it wouldn’t be worth much on trade as opposed to staying under 300. 

Maybe I’m doing it wrong and I should run one into the ground  I’m sure if I looked at it strictly financially it’s a terrible choice to make  

Edited by MalibuMatty
7 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Thought about upgrading so u folks that do this every year let me ask how u deal with it? Purchased mine a demo boat with if I remember just under 50hrs end of 2016, used it for a month, then all last year, now starting this season. I'm so darn busy with work and kids even getting standard service like oil change ends up being a hassle or down time. Dialing in a boat with some accessories and other things takes a tad time as well.

So I'm currently at 136hrs, so 1-2 month in 2016, then all last year, now this year for 1mo so around 86hrs thus far in all that time. Hopefully a good year and get 50+ on it this summer, 95% which will be Sandbar and cruising now with a 5/3/1 yr old.. 

With needing Maybe a 20 + 50 hr service on a new boat plus break end period it's a huge turn off for me, this why I loved the demo boat where several kinks were worked out that would have been down time for me, ie bad amp,/speaker minor things.. so this seriously deters me from upgrading as often as I'd like. Am I wrong in thinking with my usage it's not worth the hassles)time and potential loss of very limited time?

Work doesn't slow down until August where I start to take Fridays in August off but now my 5yr old will start school August 6th here in IN.. seriously what happened to Memorial day to labor day ??? Hopefully the idiots in IN will figure it out like our neighbors in MI.. I may just have my kid skip schools on August Fridays...it's kindergarten so "whatever" to the school system.. so long story short my summers just got even shorter @#*$$#!

I just don't see how I have time to upgrade if it costs me any downtime in standard service or kinks /bugs..so it's depressing and not sure what my options are.. 

The closer SMALL dealers are not going to order 25s let alone loaded 25s to run as demos and then sell to me at end of season. It's too big for most folks on the lakes around them, that puts me at 3hrs to a dealer that might (current dealer I purchased from).. now you can see the other situation here... Standard service/oil etc local nautique dealer 1 mi away can do, but bugs and kinks puts me at 3hrs each way with a drop off (full day) then going back for pickup another full day.. sometimes an impossible thing during work week... Closer BU dealers will shun my service work, are way smaller and rightfully put me at back of line.. small dealers get so backed up with service it could mean a week gone or two weekends gone for any little service .. if it's not a useable type deal/issue then I'm totally FUBAR on lost time without the long 3hr each way hike

Need advice in what u folks think given my limitations on time what the best approach to upgrades are and how to approach.. or just wait and do every 4-5yrs instead of every 1-2 yrs? 

Perhaps wait till a second year release on upgrade model yr? 2019 25 upgrade as example so maybe do a 2020 25 where any factory tweaks are addressed..  

Errr need feedback.. those that do this every yeyor every other year must have serious time dedicated for the whole process

Flipping ain’t easy, Hulk. And it’s definitely not for everybody. 

I have to laugh every time I get a PM from somebody asking what’s my recipe. First of all, there is no recipe. This isn’t like baking chocolate chip cookies. Second, it’s not all fun and games. The people who say they want to do it are lured by the prospect of getting a new boat every season.  Who doesn’t like new boats, right? Every guy you see flipping has a different set of very unique circumstances that make it possible. Even then, it’s a significant time and $$ commitment and after a while it becomes a bit of a chore. Pretty soon you’re asking yourself why you keep going. 

Your limitations resonate with me. Other than the small dealer thing, I have the same issue with short summers (due to kids activities, not weather). Just wait until your kids are older and you’ve got weekend baseball tournaments or dance recitals. Or when they get to high school and football practice is basically year around. Same issue with my job. Lots of travel and lately so bad I can barely get tower speakers installed.  I tell my wife every week... “Why do we even own a boat?”  I dunno, maybe this year is just bad.

Like I said, it ain’t for everybody. And it certainly ain’t all gumdrops and rainbows. 

That said, if there really is a new 25 coming, I don’t think I’ll be able to resist. Neither will you. Just suck it up and place your order. You know you want it!  

Edited by IXFE
10 hours ago, MalibuMatty said:

Works for me. 

Honestly, if I had the room on my dock for a 25LSV, I'd have one for next year. I've always been a 23LSV guy and I've had many but...the 25 won't fit my dock.

13 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Honestly, from what I have seen, if I had the room on my dock for a 25LSV, I'd have one for next year. I've always been a 23LSV guy and I've had many but...they won't fit my dock.

Aw, come on Ronnie.  Lets just start cutting on the dock until we find a way to make it fit! 

2 minutes ago, Slurpee said:

Aw, come on Ronnie.  Lets just start cutting on the dock until we find a way to make it fit! 

Wouldn't be cutting. I'd be extending and you know how the BRA doesn't like docks longer than the next door neighbors. My dock is 30x45 now. I'd have to go out 5 more feet.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Wouldn't be cutting. I'd be extending and you know how the BRA doesn't like docks longer than the next door neighbors. My dock is 30x45 now. I'd have to go out 5 more feet.

Honestly my vision was a bit more destructive.  Turn your slip 90 degrees clockwise and run the width of your dock.  You've got the length that way.  LOTS of cutting though. :)

4 minutes ago, Slurpee said:

Honestly my vision was a bit more destructive.  Turn your slip 90 degrees clockwise and run the width of your dock.  You've got the length that way.  LOTS of cutting though. :)

:no:

Has anyone heard of models being added to the VLX/MLX line? I see they are moving the 22 VLX to an LSV which makes sense but I would love to see a 23 MLX!

48 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Wow such a short walk to the boat! I'm at 145ft now ha

20180523_204403.jpg

Edited by The Hulk