TylerH427

2018 22 MXZ - What does it need for weight?

TylerH427

I just picked up a 22MXZ and i'm hoping to get some input from the crew on what kind of ballast the boat likes for a surf wave...  it's all stock now with dealer installed PnP.   

I'll do whatever I need to for the best wave - but i'm hoping with the 18 MXZ i can get away from the bow bag that the 15-17 LSV's require??  Do I still need to get some lead coming for the bow??  

Edited by TylerH427

NWBU

You should be able to get a really good wave out of that setup with just all stock full and PNP. Play with speed and wedge settings a bit to see what you like, with speed in the 10.6-11.2 range and a couple clicks of wedge.

The MXZ redesign in '17 has made that line become really good surf boats with minimal extra PNP ballast.

granddaddy55

Oops sorry thought you said stock no pnp

but you said stock and pnp

Edited by granddaddy55

Dpep05

I'm curious to this as well. I just picked up my 2018 mxz and it has hard ballast rear's. does the center and front have hard ballast also? how much weight do they hold? 

granddaddy55

Do yourself a solid and read your manual , it will have that I think and much more

i learned to always always tilt my cushions after each usage from the manual 

in any case the tanks will be good enough with wedge for vast majority of riders

surfing, NOT ENOUGH, no matter what anybody sais that stock is good enough!!

Dpep05

I did and the owners manuel says 1250-1450 total depending on boat. Therefore doesn't answer how much each tank holds it just gives the total weight. MY stock PNP 750lbs on my 2012 axis wasn't enough for me to surf with 4 people in the boat needed about an extra 150-200lbs in the rear to create a big enough wave for me. This is why I am curious...

NWBU
46 minutes ago, Dpep05 said:

I did and the owners manuel says 1250-1450 total depending on boat. Therefore doesn't answer how much each tank holds it just gives the total weight. MY stock PNP 750lbs on my 2012 axis wasn't enough for me to surf with 4 people in the boat needed about an extra 150-200lbs in the rear to create a big enough wave for me. This is why I am curious...

Not sure on the total stock weight by tank off the top of my head but you're going to want 450-500 PNPs in the rear lockers on that boat for a good wave.

Dpep05
38 minutes ago, NWBU said:

Not sure on the total stock weight by tank off the top of my head but you're going to want 450-500 PNPs in the rear lockers on that boat for a good wave.

Thank you.