Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 RAM 1500

bamabonners

45 minutes ago, jk13 said:

The first two 19s showed up next door this morning. Both grey, one limited with the 12" screen from what I heard. Went to snap a pic but they were moved already.

Local dealer has a bunch of 19's.  Aside from the leather, spray in bedliner and the color, this one is pretty close to what I want.

http://saintpaul.furymotors.com/vehicle-details/new-2019-ram-1500-laramie-4x4-crew-cab-64-box-st-paul-mn-id-23223661

I'd suspect that the discounts will be better next year when I'm ready to buy

2 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Local dealer has a bunch of 19's.  Aside from the leather, spray in bedliner and the color, this one is pretty close to what I want.

http://saintpaul.furymotors.com/vehicle-details/new-2019-ram-1500-laramie-4x4-crew-cab-64-box-st-paul-mn-id-23223661

I didn't mean THE first two, I meant 'their' first two. Actually a peeve of mine when people claim first on every little thing.

Nice truck. Hope when the time comes it serves you as well as your other one. Crew64 is deceptively long when we pull them in the shop. Doesn't seem like it would be a big deal, but it's definitely noticeable.

Edited by jk13
1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Picked up this rental car late last night at SFO. The irony made me chuckle given some of the discussion in this thread. 

Chrysler 300s AWD. It only has 300 miles on it. Smells amazing. 

08695628-C1C6-460F-A56F-BA94D000CC6F.jpeg

Drove that same trim level Charger, wheels and all, to the UP this summer on a business trip. Not bad. Still the old MB E-Class chassis IIRC so they actually handle okay until the ball joints start to go. Gets pricey to fix them as you have to do control arms and all.

Random: The Durango and Charger tail light surrounds remind me of Battlestar Galactica and the Cylon's eye shape, minus the scrolling bit.

20 minutes ago, jk13 said:

I didn't mean THE first two, I meant 'their' first two. Actually a peeve of mine when people claim first on every little thing.

Nice truck. Hope when the time comes it serves you as well as your other one. Crew64 is deceptively long when we pull them in the shop. Doesn't seem like it would be a big deal, but it's definitely noticeable.

I didn't think that is what you meant ;)

26 minutes ago, jk13 said:

Random: The Durango and Charger tail light surrounds remind me of Battlestar Galactica and the Cylon's eye shape, minus the scrolling bit.

Our Durango has moisture under the hatch panel and the light strip is starting to go out near the ends.  I've noticed several on the road recently.  Our lifetime warranty doesn't cover it.  Don't think the lifetime warranty covers anything actually.  I was thinking about killing the light strip for the hatch portion and just having the remaining tail light part.  Replaced a $300 LED headlight too.

Sorry to hear that.  Is that awarranty you bought? I had a bad experience with a warranty years ago and dont buy them anymore. My warranty listed every cooling item except heater core...so not covered. Good thing is I was able to get about 85% of my money back when I cancelled the rest of the warranty.

46 minutes ago, carguy79ta said:

Sorry to hear that.  Is that awarranty you bought? I had a bad experience with a warranty years ago and dont buy them anymore. My warranty listed every cooling item except heater core...so not covered. Good thing is I was able to get about 85% of my money back when I cancelled the rest of the warranty.

Yeh, we purchased the lifetime warranty for $2400 ish?  Don't remember exactly.  Just turning 100k miles now, so we will see how it goes as the truck starts to get older.  I've usually made money on warranties, but I don't buy them very often.  This truck is great for size, power, and options.  We'd like to drive it for a very long time. 

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:38 AM, oldjeep said:

I think the 19's look great! Used to be a hard core GMC guy but ended up buying a RAM in 16. Love the truck but don't care for the styling, but the 19's fixed that.

I used Dennis Dillon to benchmark pricing. I helped a friend who paid $500 to have it shipped to Calif.

https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjeepdodge.com/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-Caldwell-boise-3f0c73440a0e0a6b3d7b9a454253f495.htm

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:38 AM, oldjeep said:

I'm excited for the new RAM, and I don't have the best perception of Dodge or FCA.

Man this thread has really jumped all over the place and now I guess were talking about Ford cancelling their car production.

As for the Ford news, I think this is an effort to increase profitability now that EPA regulations are easing back. It's no secret that their highest profit margin is on their trucks and SUV's. So if they can cut out the cars that they don't make as much profit on, then its a win-win. With gas prices low and and the economy doing relatively well, truck and SUV sales will be high.

Edited by jaciche
37 minutes ago, RyanB said:

I would like to read the article, but I get a virus message the two times I have clicked on it.

DETROIT — Ford, backing up its promise to double-down on trucks and SUVs, is killing the Fiesta subcompact, Fusion midsize sedan, Taurus large sedan and C-Max van in the U.S., it announced Wednesday.

It will go forward with only two cars in its lineup: the Mustang and a new hatchback called the Focus Active that will take the place of the current Focus compact. The Ford Active will be a beefy small vehicle that will have a higher profile like an SUV, but still be considered a car.

The plan is in keeping with on recently outlined by CEO Jim Hackett to introduce more trucks and SUVs, the vehicles that buyers want the most. Cars sales have been declining industrywide.

Ford will use the excess capacity created in its plants by car models that are ending to introduce new truck and SUVs. For instance, the new Ford Bronco off-roader is on the way.

"We will refresh our entire lineup of traditional crossovers and SUVs that everyone knows, like Explorer and Escape," said Jim Farley, Ford's president of global markets. "And then we're going to be introducing and taking capital and redeploying it for also new silhouettes, products that give the customers the utility benefits without the penalty of the fuel economy."

Fiesta and Taurus could disappear from the lineup as soon as next year. The just-introduced version of the Fusion, which plays in the midsize car segment that used to be the industry's most popular until SUV fervor took hold, will likely be around for a couple more years.

The announcement came as Ford said it earned a first-quarter profit of $1.7 billion, a 9% increase compared to the same period last year. For the first quarter, the Dearborn automaker earned 43 cents per share, beating Wall Street analysts' average expectations by 2 cents per share.

Ford's revenue worldwide increased 7% to $42 billion for the quarter. The 9% increase in quarterly profit can be almost entirely attributed to a drop in the automaker's effective tax rate to 9% from 28.6%, Ford officials said.

52 minutes ago, jaciche said:

With gas prices low and and the economy doing relatively well, truck and SUV sales will be high.

I'm moving to wisconsin if this is true...4 year high where I'm at

12 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

Gas prices low:rofl:    Not 

9 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

I'm moving to wisconsin if this is true...4 year high where I'm at

http://www.wisconsingasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx

Gas is staying pretty low, but slowly increasing. Now that I said this, it's probably going to pass $3/gallon next month

On 4/26/2018 at 1:50 PM, Cole2001 said:

We’re well over 6/gallon and over 7 for premium 

@Cole2001 where do you live? In MO, gas is high( anything over 2 bucks is high to me) 2.69.  Wife and I both drive HD diesels , diesel is 2.79