Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Your favorite accessory not included with your boat purchase?

WhiteWaterWeb

2 hours ago, Infinitysurf said:

I have not had exile fenders, I thought they blew up with a needle like for basketballs which would be a pain to deflate and 18" is lot of room on a boat...but just looked them up and I may be wrong there, tho cannot tell for sure. Babz is designed to blow up either with mouth...or air blower used to blow up tubes. So super fast to inflate/deflate and pretty heavy duty feeling. But I honestly do not know, they may be identical in many ways. If that is the case I would wonder why more expensive too.

They can blow up just with your mouth. No needle needed.  They have a solid plug you have to be kind of quick to put in after blowing them up to not lose air, but don’t need a needle.  

52 minutes ago, braindamage said:

Home on the lake

marga-koozie for sunset margarita cruises

new vinyl interior

motorbox insulation

bluetooth for stereo

HO Superlite CX

wetsuit

drivers seat riser&swivel 

heater

ski/board racks

Ho superlite is a nice ski, picked one up last year. Improved my skiing and made it feel easier on the body....

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Infinitysurf said:

For all of you liking the exile balls or want something great for tie-ups.....check these out, I bought a set of 4 about a month ago. Another wake surfer came up with these and I really like them, easy to inflate/deflate and hang off cleats without rope added... they just came out this Spring so I think website is a work in progress. Was a discount code when I bought them, not sure if it still applies. He also did some give aways on WW.

https://www.bigassballz.com/

I got 4 of them for free as a give away on Wakeworld.  I haven’t been on the water yet, so I can’t comment to how well they work, but they look a little bigger than the exile balls.  I’ll post a review once I have a chance to use them. 

@SCMike has been a huge help to me too. I don't get these 'balls' though...are these for the dock or in the middle of the water, partying with other boats. What makes them different from traditional fenders (which are longer in height)?

9 minutes ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

@SCMike has been a huge help to me too. I don't get these 'balls' though...are these for the dock or in the middle of the water, partying with other boats. What makes them different from traditional fenders (which are longer in height)?

Traditional fenders scratch and scuff the heck out of the gel coat. These are much softer. I got four BAB’z and looking forward to trying them out. 

9 minutes ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

I plan to use them for the rare occasion that I tie up to another boat, or hang them on the side of the houseboat when I go houseboating.  Outside of that I think they will be way too much of a pain to blow up, so I’ll just use my regular fenders.  

3 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

Traditional fenders scratch and scuff the heck out of the gel coat. These are much softer. I got four BAB’z and looking forward to trying them out. 

I haven’t experienced this with my current fenders.  I just bought the cheep 4 pack from Overtons and they have been great.  

Edited by SCMike
11 hours ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

Theyre strictly for tie ups, and because of their size you can get the boats spaced farther apart.  The is nice when you have two boats with towers as it doesnt take much of a wave to bang the towers together.  Theyre also nice when  tying with other boats the the rub rails dont align on.   These arent a must have, but I have two and leave them uninflated on the boat in the rare chance I wanna tie up.

12 hours ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

I've been using the kids toys, Hippity Hops, as bumpers for years now. My oldest set is probably 10 or more years old & still hold air fine. We use them tied to docks, tied to other boats, wherever. I can over inflate them if I need more space between the boats. Their cheap, store in smaller spaces & work far better than conventional bumpers. I've since picked up a couple of the Exile balls & have commended them in the past for bringing this to the wake sport boats. Now days I have 6 of them on the boat at all times.... in the same space that 1 conventional bumper can be stored. I never could figure out why more people didn't do this. I picked it up from vacations to the Parker Strip & Havasu where I saw them all over in the 1990s.... probably because they have the granddaddy of all tie up parties in that area.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Interesting thread.  I guess one of the advantages of a new(er) boat, is many of the upgrades that have been listed came on my boat.

We added GatorStep across the topside of the hull.  

Warm water shower was a very nice add on for us.

I have around 750 pounds of lead I am going to add in the next couple of weeks.

Other than that, my boat came very well equipped (which it should at the price of new boats).  

Edited by RyanB
23 hours ago, Infinitysurf said:

For all of you liking the exile balls or want something great for tie-ups.....check these out, I bought a set of 4 about a month ago. Another wake surfer came up with these and I really like them, easy to inflate/deflate and hang off cleats without rope added... they just came out this Spring so I think website is a work in progress. Was a discount code when I bought them, not sure if it still applies. He also did some give aways on WW.

https://www.bigassballz.com/

Care to share the code?

Are these guys rebranded of boat ballz from 2 years ago

6 minutes ago, MustGoFast said:

Care to share the code?

These look the exact same as exile's and more expensive.   Last year exile had a promo where you got two balls, 4 can koozies and a floating key ring (all marked with exile) for $40.  

1 minute ago, wedge88 said:

These look the exact same as exile's and more expensive.   Last year exile had a promo where you got two balls, 4 can koozies and a floating key ring (all marked with exile) for $40.  

Yeah I got that too,would like 2nd and if his code was a better deal id try these.

For anyone who doesn't have these, they are GREAT!  LOVE my exile balls for tie-ups

Another victim of this website spending money... After seeing so many of you say the perfect pass is a great addition, I've now got a star gazer on the way for mine! I told my wife about it and she said she doesn't care what the cost is, buy it... lol.   :salute:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MustGoFast said:

Care to share the code?

As far as I know, they did not re-brand, this was something brand new he did. The coupon code was "tigelove18" (no CAPS)....there was a coupon code on WW forum too, but i cannot find it right now for some reason. Think he said there was no expiration, but it was the first 25 orders using each coupon code...that was end of Feb that it worked for me. I ordered the set of 4 personally.

6 hours ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Another victim of this website spending money... After seeing so many of you say the perfect pass is a great addition, I've now got a star gazer on the way for mine! I told my wife about it and she said she doesn't care what the cost is, buy it... lol.   :salute:

The thread is about what is NOT included, but if you ask about what is included, PP would easily be top 3 if not #1

especially for when my spouse or kids are giving me a pull!!

5 hours ago, ibelonginprison said:

https://www.amazon.com/WALIKI-Teenagers-Hippity-Kangaroo-Included/dp/B00P2YHX5Y/

Bigger balls (holds your boat further away), way cheaper. 
Just an FYI 

(I keep about 6 of these on the boat, and deflated, they take up zero room)

Does the color bleed? Do you use the teenager size?

13 hours ago, braindamage said:

Does the color bleed? Do you use the teenager size?

I have orange hopping hops and i have never experience bleeding of color. I only use them in the rare event of tying up and camping/lakehouse trips where i park on a dock. For short term dock stops i use traditional fenders.