Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Your favorite accessory not included with your boat purchase?

WhiteWaterWeb

That was one I thought long and hard about, and after getting a great deal through the dealer I went for the clamping racks. They look/function slick.

10 hours ago, CBray4 said:

Requesting more info on the custom seat covers! 

Some of my favorite things are boards, coolers, life jackets, hats...

I need to find some pictures. There was a company that made them years ago: Primal Marine Produx but they aren't around anymore. I took my seat cushions (about 4-6 at a time) to an upholstery shop with bundles of towels from Costco (solid color "bath sheets"), marine grade shock cord (thin bungee cord), and double-side laminated with spandex neoprene. The shop cut the terry cloth to size, stitched the neoprene in where the cushions touch, and put a drawstring channel in for the shock cord. I've got covers for everything: engine cover, all the seat bases, and the observers seat back. I have a solid towel that covers the back seat backrest.

Here's a ugly link to google images with a bunch of pics from wakeworld in the results that show what the seat covers look like:
https://www.google.com/search?q=primal+marine+produx&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjR7pXVwqLaAhUT-58KHa19BK8Q_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=1099

• Like 2
martinarcher

I've thought about this more....while the T III is great and would be missed for sure, I think the Teakgates and WakeLogic controller on the boat would be the most missed thing if they were to disappear.  We surf a lot.  :) 

I think an interesting way to answer this question - what have you added to your boat that you would miss most if it wasn't along for the next outing on the water?

• Like 1

Agree on the box anchors. Had the "small", which is too big for my local lake with a shallow mucky bottom. So now also have the "baby" on the anchor buddy (Thanks Murph)

Other favorites include:

Ronix Dock Ties

Exile bumper balls

Closed foam noodles (kind of like this, but the ones we picked up were from Walmart; love them because they provide a lot of floatations, don't degrade or hold water like the normal foam floaties)   

Edited by G Spot
Typo

OK, my list includes items others noted, but I feel that it will show importance then.  

1. 4" seat lift
  2. Seat heater 
  3. Heater - Ive  even added a second over the winter this year with a circ pump(happy wife = more boating and I dont mind it either on cold MN mornings)
  4. Lead - Gotta have it if you wakeboard but a bonus for surfing.  Then you dont have to keep barking at people to move 6" in any direction, just move the lead. 
  5. Exile bumper balls - perfect for tieups 
  6. Water saddles - I dont have them but am meaning to buy a bunch to prevent all my life jackets from being constantly soaked. 
  7. Wet sounds ws420 - turn off the loud towers when not needed.  Neighbors and your crew will both thank you.  Not to mention its nice to hear the tunes when boarding without blasting in boat
  8. Scotchgaurd for transom - Youre gonna get board banging into it...spend the $35
  9. OIl change pump - Youre gonna put hours on but dont bother bringing it to the dealer to change...takes way too long.  Dont buy the one I have cause the pumps off center and doesnt carry well. 
  10. Yeti Colster - if you dont have one get one.  And yes you can get walmart ones way cheaper but for whatever reason I like my yeti one better.  (Higher grade SS??)
  11. Battery charger - We float a lot with the radio on.  Always nice to plug it in at the end of the night. 

OK so my boat started as a pretty much base stock 21LSV so everything below was added.  In order of "glad I did it:"

1. Perfect Pass.
  2. Wake Logic!
  3. Reversible ballast pumps wired to the dash and 4 bags.
  4. Wet Sounds 420BT and the rest of the upgraded stereo including rear facing surfer level speakers.
  5. Seat lift.
  6. Surf board swivel racks.
  7. AO Stow-N-Go Cooler - fits under the seat and is easy to get on and off the boat.
  8. Thermos brand (used to be Nissan) can coolers - Keep cans just as cold as Yeti but fit in the cup holders and only cost $10.
  9. Six 40 lb. bags of lead to move around.
  10. Water Saddles are great but usually can be found on the pontoon.
  11. Shower for filling wet suit with warm water before and after.
  12. Second battery.
  13. Blue Sea ACR
  14. On board charger - Don't need it much but nice to have after "floating days."
  • Like 3

1. Perfect pass

2. plummed ballast

3. Manual Suck gate

4. faux decadence

5. 4in seat lift

6. Cargo Bimini

7. Havent tested it on the water yet -  this could easily be number 3 soon - auto surf gate system with homemade arduino controller.

8. dual batteries in front storage. + ACR

9. wetsounds 420BT with Exile xm9's

10. Phasefive hammerhead surfboard

11. swim platform cleaning and sealing

12. exile balls

Forgot the prop upgrade first to a 1235 and now a 2315 such a huge difference. this probably ranks 4. 

Edited by jhartt3

For all of you liking the exile balls or want something great for tie-ups.....check these out, I bought a set of 4 about a month ago. Another wake surfer came up with these and I really like them, easy to inflate/deflate and hang off cleats without rope added... they just came out this Spring so I think website is a work in progress. Was a discount code when I bought them, not sure if it still applies. He also did some give aways on WW.

https://www.bigassballz.com/

Edited by Infinitysurf
17 minutes ago, Infinitysurf said:

For all of you liking the exile balls or want something great for tie-ups.....check these out, I bought a set of 4 about a month ago. Another wake surfer came up with these and I really like them, easy to inflate/deflate and hang off cleats without rope added... they just came out this Spring so I think website is a work in progress. Was a discount code when I bought them, not sure if it still applies. He also did some give aways on WW.

https://www.bigassballz.com/

$10 more than Exile's... I wonder why?

I have not had exile fenders, I thought they blew up with a needle like for basketballs which would be a pain to deflate and 18" is lot of room on a boat...but just looked them up and I may be wrong there, tho cannot tell for sure. Babz is designed to blow up either with mouth...or air blower used to blow up tubes. So super fast to inflate/deflate and pretty heavy duty feeling. But I honestly do not know, they may be identical in many ways. If that is the case I would wonder why more expensive too.

I got a tiny hole in one of my Exile balls and didn't have time to order a new one before a lake trip, so I went to Toys R Us and got two of the Little Tikes Hopper balls for half the price. They are identical 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I got a tiny hole in one of my Exile balls and didn't have time to order a new one before a lake trip, so I went to Toys R Us and got two of the Little Tikes Hopper balls for half the price. They are identical 

Yeah but the “little tike” big balls jokes don’t work as well

Home on the lake

marga-koozie for sunset margarita cruises

new vinyl interior

motorbox insulation

bluetooth for stereo

HO Superlite CX

wetsuit

drivers seat riser&swivel 

heater

ski/board racks

@braindamage is my hero for having a home on the lake, as is @Wilbur for that Toys R Us find - I looked it up and they are identical pretty much. So many good ideas generated from this thread my bank account now hates me :)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

@braindamage is my hero for having a home on the lake, as is @Wilbur for that Toys R Us find - I looked it up and they are identical pretty much. So many good ideas generated from this thread my bank account now hates me :)

One thing I know for sure, If i need help spending money, The ‘crew is second only to my wife in emptying my wallet!!