Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AXIS Stereos

Cboom12

On 6/3/2018 at 2:46 PM, Cboom12 said:

I know the revo6 can handle more power than the older model, but is there a noticeable difference in performance? And by that I mean is it worth the significant price difference to upgrade? I’m considering the upgrade partly for the built in leds but only if the revos are a lot better. 

If previous was 65’s yes basically double, if 650’s same speaker Power snd handling but better sound quality and certain levels and lit 

That is definitely an 18, it has pw2, but that is speaker pack 2, sp3 comes with blk sw grills, but I’m not sure if the speakers are the same other wise. Seems strange that they would change the grills just for the sake of doing it in the higher package. That being said the only info it gives in the brochure is “blk speaker grills” for sp3. I’ll have the boat back tomorrow so I’m gonna have to look at the back of one of the speakers. 

Took awhile to find a pick with the black SW speakers. Could only blow it up so much, so hard to tell for sure, but they still look like the 65ic series grills, not the revo. 

I dont think axis is doing 1-off speakers like Malibu is. 

2 hours ago, MLA said:

Took awhile to find a pick with the black SW speakers. Could only blow it up so much, so hard to tell for sure, but they still look like the 65ic series grills, not the revo. 

I dont think axis is doing 1-off speakers like Malibu is. 

Well per wet sounds web site an identical grill is available for the revo, however I think you are most likely correct. 

7 hours ago, Cboom12 said:

Well per wet sounds web site an identical grill is available for the revo, however I think you are most likely correct. 

Is this stated somewhere on their site?  Looking at the grills side by side, there are notable difference. 

6 hours ago, MLA said:

Is this stated somewhere on their site?  Looking at the grills side by side, there are notable difference. 

Not really worth arguing about but the grills on my speakers look identical to the revo sw grill, and not a lot like the grills shown on the sw-65. But as I said before I believe they r 65s and WS just updated the grill design. I’m getting my boat back this morning so I’m gonna verify and get us a definitive answer. 

I see no argument, as ive not stated they are or are not. The new SW-65ic grill does resemble the revo SW grill in pictures. Looking at them in hand side by side, you can see the differences. As stated, I cant find a good enough picture to determine if the black SW is a revo or 65icB. 

• 1 month later...

I removed my stock stereo and a replaced it with a full wet sounds system.  6 revo6 interior speakers, 2 rev10 tower speakers the xxx 12"sub in a ported box and got rid of that terrible medallion radio and replaced it with the ws-mc1 radio. them powered it all off 2 syn2 amps and 1 syn 4 amp. it all sounds awesome and its as loud as i could ever want while still being clear.

1 hour ago, agarabaghi said:

And you lost auto vol, wrist band control and surf beeps right? 

I still dont understand that there isnt a fix for this. 

yeah lost both of those. It would be nice to have them back. I'm hoping wetsounds comes out with something to make it work again. that being said the new radio is enough of an upgrade fro, the unacceptably bad medallion unit that I'm ok  with losing the surf tones and the auto volume .

3 hours ago, JotsT22 said:

yeah lost both of those. It would be nice to have them back. I'm hoping wetsounds comes out with something to make it work again. that being said the new radio is enough of an upgrade fro, the unacceptably bad medallion unit that I'm ok  with losing the surf tones and the auto volume .

are the revo6 a big improvement over the stock xs65 speakers?

has anyone added another set of speakers near the captains chair? I have a 17 A22 with the SP2, the in boat sound is hard to hear when cruising due to the location of the speakers.  Was thinking of cutting another set of 6.5s into the dash behind the windshield (facing up) similar to the older malibus. Just curious if anyone has attempted this or anything like it?

22 hours ago, nbacher said:

has anyone added another set of speakers near the captains chair? I have a 17 A22 with the SP2, the in boat sound is hard to hear when cruising due to the location of the speakers.  Was thinking of cutting another set of 6.5s into the dash behind the windshield (facing up) similar to the older malibus. Just curious if anyone has attempted this or anything like it?

yes, but at foot level.  One is in the seat base on the observer's seat, the other is in a pod down by the cupholder.

IMG_6437

IMG_6432

• 11 months later...
On 7/28/2018 at 6:27 PM, nbacher said:

thanks, that looks pretty good. have already ditched the stock sub in favour of 2 sealed units so this will likely be my next step !

I was thinking about building a sealed box as all the screws on the flimsy plastic frame aren't even in the frame. Where'd you end up putting them?

• 11 months later...
On 3/24/2018 at 3:55 PM, onewake09 said:

Just an fyi. I just installed the wetsounds Mc1 in my 17’ a20. The surfband volume control and the audible beat through the towers for wave transfers are integrated through the medallion control system. They wont work to my knowledge with the mc1. I would imagine it would be pretty tricky to get it too work. On the plus side, the MC1 is miles above the stock unit. I only wish WS made the cable from HU to black box a couple feet longer. Its barely long enough, and your only able to mount the black box on right side of the amp board. Ive attached a couple pics. My setup is: an SD2 running a pair of rev10s and an htx2 running my 4 stock in boats. First, holy cow. Those rev10’s are nuts(i had a pair of icon 8s that i sent back for revs). Also im so impressed at how the stock in boats sound even with a decent amp. Way better than running off the stock HU. Only down side i see is space on the amp board.  No room for a third amp for sub. I guess ill have to get a six channel for in boats and sub. I do have some tidying up to do. Its alot of damn work in a tiny space to do this kind of work. Definitely worth the cost(alot) and time spent. 

C3485F6D-DD48-4752-8F04-689C30F23C37.jpeg

4A0C8D2D-41AD-43E3-89B2-C190706408DC.jpeg

I’m wondering if you can possibly help us out.....2019 Axis A20 and had it 48 hours (brand new I might add) and the stereo turned off, then these orange figures that look like the men’s bathroom symbol came on, then the whole stereo turned on for 10 minutes and then the screen went black and will no longer turn on. Trying to find these panels to see if a ground is loose....don’t even know how to find all these panels.