Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WakeSetter “Agressive” Throttle Option

TexasTexas95

I don't know how many times ive said to drivers "drop the hammer faster" on my old boat (slaloming). And not that it matters here but for competition barefooting there's 3 speeds(slow med fast) for 3 things: pullout, to get to hold, to full speed. At home we use the terms for backwards starts. Im fast fast fast :)

We just picked up our new 22 VLX and went to do the break in and every time I pushed the throttle it would almost jump up to 2K RPM with very little movement on the throttle.  Coming from a 2016 A22 I thought maybe it was just a whole lot more responsive, but couldn't keep it at the recommended RPM for the break in so put it in Dock mode and was able to do the first couple hours of break in.  Went though the setting after that and noticed that they had left it in the aggressive mode from the factory.  Put it in regular and was so much easier to accelerate without feeling the boat lurch forward. 

Last thing I need is for my boat throttle to feel different depending on a setting. But I admit I have a little trouble walking while chewing gum.

In the automotive world, this is known as throttle

5 hours ago, A22tim said:

was so much easier to accelerate without feeling the boat lurch forward. 

In the automotive world, this is known as throttle tip in, can be too much or too little.  I've had vehicles where it's way too much, as a driver you'd have to really concentrate during initial acceleration to keep from whipping all the passengers heads back. 

9 hours ago, Lees23 said:

Additional 50hp and 5mph in aggressive  mode. Like unlocking a cheat code in a video game. 

I've got stickers that add more HP than that!

• Like 2

I've played around with it and it does improve the time to plane when loaded down.  Its just a gimmicky thing like the sport mode on my F150.