Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 Deliveries Post Your New Rigs

wbama387

30 minutes ago, NWBU said:

Build slot is 2/23 and I can't wait for this 23 LSV to show up at Active in March. Colors were finalized with black and charcoal a few weeks ago but my wife discovered flake when I left the 2018 Malibu catalog laying out while I was at work last Friday.

I get this text midday Friday: "The metallic colors for the boat are growing on me. Do we have any on our new boat? Especially black metallic, machine silver metallic." So happy wife, happy life, right? Gunmetal charcoal metallic it is now, which changes the stealth fighter look I had going quite a bit. I tried to cut out her heater and power seat to pay for the flake but those were her two other must have options. I did have a PTM tower mirror on the initial build sheet, so we cut that to partially offset the extra gelcoat upgrades and I hope I don't regret that.

Some options were hard to decide on but here's what we're going with:

- Gen II surf bimini and custom Evo cover

- 410 engine, with ACME 2249 prop

- 3 outlet heater

- Sound system with subwoofer (I'll add Exile tower speakers this spring)

- Black tower with matching black hoop and arch, and one pair of PTMs

- Side pull surfing points

- Power seat

- Sport dash and backup camera

- 3 pair of pull-up cleats and battery option 2

- 18" wheels (honestly my biggest debate other than surfpipe delete)

- Trailer bow step and transom step

- Full Gator Step (floor, top deck, platform and transom step)

2018 23 LSV1.jpg

2018 23 LSV4.jpg

2018 23 LSV3.jpg

Looks really really great!  Super stoked to see this one done! 

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV

Congratulations @NWBU!! That’s going to look sick! The new gunmetal is nice. Saw it at the factory over the summer and it’s much better then the old charcoal metallic. Darker then the silver metallic but no purple hue. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Congratulations @NWBU!! That’s going to look sick! The new gunmetal is nice. Saw it at the factory over the summer and it’s much better then the old charcoal metallic. Darker then the silver metallic but no purple hue. 

Thanks! I haven’t seen the gunmetal in person yet but found it on a couple boats on other dealer sites. It’s still lighter than I was hoping but I think it will look good.

Congratulations, @NWBU. I can't wait to see your new boat on the water. I think with all the new boats in the Portland area we might need to resurrect Friday Morning Early Sessions this spring. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2018 at 6:12 PM, alpensurf23 said:

Delivered A24, Stoked, and highly recommend if ordering and can, take the manufacturing tour in Loudon, TN.

IMG_9881.jpg

Just curious - why do you recommend the tour?  I've been on a lot of auto factory tours, never a boat, but my wife liked the sound of flying into nashville and spending a couple of days there.

ahopkins22LSV
37 minutes ago, MustGoFast said:

Just curious - why do you recommend the tour?  I've been on a lot of auto factory tours, never a boat, but my wife liked the sound of flying into nashville and spending a couple of days there.

Theboat build process is nothing like the auto industry. You can schedule it to see your boat if you want or just go. I’m an engineer isn’t he auto industry and it was very very interesting to see the differences and it really gives your appreciation for how boats go together. We stayed in Nashville too, just over 2 hours to the factory. 

3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Theboat build process is nothing like the auto industry. You can schedule it to see your boat if you want or just go. I’m an engineer isn’t he auto industry and it was very very interesting to see the differences and it really gives your appreciation for how boats go together. We stayed in Nashville too, just over 2 hours to the factory. 

Cool - Once I get my date I'm going to see about going, wife loves Nashville (I'm also an Engineer so the concept peaked my curiosity).

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, A22tim said:

Decided to sell my 2016 Axis A22 and order a 2018 22 VLX.  Well I had a build slot with spray date in March after putting my order in during the YESE for a 22 VLX.  Well the spray date got moved up to 22 Jan and I ended up going to the factory tour on the 29th.  I enjoyed the tour a lot and gives you a better understanding on how they can build a custom colored and upholstered boat in about 7-9 days.  I would recommend the tour if you can do it.  Kinda want to think of it as seeing one of your babies being born as much as they cost, kinda becomes part of the family.  So hopefully I'll get mine in here soon.  I included a pic of when I was at the factory and the configurator pic. 1490awp.jpg

LOVE That orange black look, just ordered it myself :)

On 2/2/2018 at 5:22 PM, MustGoFast said:

A friend and I both ordered new A24s this year after previously both owning Malibus and Axis. Our dealer requested the factory build dates to coincide with a potential visit and it was made to happen. We flew into Nashville for a night, drove to Knoxville for another fun night then took the tour the next morning and drove back to Nashville. Quick drives, fun towns and you can only see so much in a build book. It was great to be face to face with those at the factory so as to get answers to questions not just about the new boat but previous boats as well. The facility and Malibu personnel are awesome. Seeing the extent of thought, effort, and execution was priceless.

Edited by alpensurf23
  • Like 4