Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Buffing over Domed Numbers

I've got a custom Wake the World KC graphic on the side of my boat made from domed numbers.  Can i use Meguiars Marine one step of the the top of them or do i need to tape them off? Anyone done that before? 

ahopkins22LSV

How agressive is that one step? If I’m using more aggressive cut or polish I just put some on a terry towel and buff by hand around my mc numbers. I wouldn’t hit them hard just to be safe. 

Yeah i asked them as well - was hoping for multiple responses like formulaben.  we'll see what we get and then i'll decide.  i've got a reasonable amount of sanding to do first on some scratches. 

To add to this, I was going naked so I experimented on one of the stickers to be removed.  I was quite surprised at how well it cleaned up, so I then did the ones that remained. 

ahopkins22LSV

A light polish or wax is probably fine. Actually I know wax is because I was over them. But I still go around them by hand because if you just wheel it you are going to miss spots of the gel between the decals. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have buffed mine with 3m step 1 several times over everything.  My cruddy cheap registration numbers on a sea doo were only ones that has issue were color rubbed off.

the oem decals, wakesetter gel stilker etc.. had no issues and actually cleaned up a bit when went through all 3m steps.  

Tread lightly though and easy on pressure applied