Jump to content
Bigbri22

Bow bag question - '06 23 LSV

Recommended Posts

Bigbri22

I am wondering what others with a 23 LSV from the generation made like the 2006 are using for bow ballast under the seat, if not the stock hard tank?

I picked up a used 2006 2 years ago that did not have any factory ballast so just got around to getting some installed.  Whole system was designed by WakeMakers but when I picked up from the shop yesterday (ya, I was too chicken @#$% to drill holes in boat) they had not installed the bow bag because it would have been much too big and they felt it would have seriously damaged the boat.  The center locker bag I got is pretty big and they didn't think I was going to need a bow bag for surfing.

Curious thoughts from others....

Now  also have a bow bag and extra reversible pump kit (at least for now)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minnmarker
Posted (edited)

I have the Fly High W711 under my bow seats.  I think it is the same bow as yours.  Just pops them up when it fills more than the space available under the seats.  Works fine and certainly no damage to the boat although I've never left the pump on for too long. 

If I'm spending the day surfing with a smallish crew (so no one to sit in bow) I also throw about 160 lbs. (4 x 40) of lead up there.

Edited by minnmarker
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kojak

You'll need some bow weight.  How much you need depends on how much you run in the rear lockers.  

In addition to the factory hard tanks, I run 720s in the rear, 600-900 lbs midships, and fill a 650 bow bag to about 400 lbs. I also have GSA installed on my boat.  Your weight setup my be different if you have a suckgate or something similar.  I had to change my setup once I went from the Wicked Wakesurf to GSA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kerpluxal

I have the Sumo 750 under my bow seats... however it will not fill to capacity... I also have a 400 under the center cushion... I am now planning on removing the fiberglass U that supports the bow seats (8 screws) and putting a 1000 Fly high triangle and building a new enclosure to put the seats back on top... all hidden and out of site ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nitrousbird

Throw a W711 under there.  I have a smaller hull with no issues running it up there and you need the weight up front.

I'm not getting the concern.  Vent it - you'll hear it dumping first then the cushions will start popping up if you don't kill the pump.  Works great and a must-have IMO.  It won't fill anywhere near capacity (bag is rated at 725lbs - I figure I'm getting about 300lbs out of it).  Throw some lead up there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BWS22

ya, i was pretty surprised and also annoyed they made a unilateral decision without consulting me.  I guess they thought in part that my center locker bag is huge because I got one from Wakemakers that fills the entire thing.

I just see now that Wakemakers has a custom bow bag setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryan1776
Posted (edited)

@kerpluxal 

On 3/8/2018 at 2:50 PM, kerpluxal said:

I am now planning on removing the fiberglass U that supports the bow seats (8 screws) and putting a 1000 Fly high triangle and building a new enclosure to put the seats back on top... all hidden and out of site ;)

Not to hijack... as a now fellow 2010 23 owner, please document and report out! :D After years of running bags all over, I refuse to screw around with any anymore. 

Edited by Ryan1776

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minnmarker
On 3/9/2018 at 12:25 PM, Nitrousbird said:

Throw a W711 under there.  I have a smaller hull with no issues running it up there and you need the weight up front.

I'm not getting the concern.  Vent it - you'll hear it dumping first then the cushions will start popping up if you don't kill the pump.  Works great and a must-have IMO.  It won't fill anywhere near capacity (bag is rated at 725lbs - I figure I'm getting about 300lbs out of it).  Throw some lead up there too.

Me too, W711.  Add 160 lbs of lead (4 x 40) and it works very well.  You can let it fill till the seats pop up if there's no one sitting there.  I have a Y in the water lines so it fills evenly but that's probably not necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nitrousbird
6 hours ago, minnmarker said:

Me too, W711.  Add 160 lbs of lead (4 x 40) and it works very well.  You can let it fill till the seats pop up if there's no one sitting there.  I have a Y in the water lines so it fills evenly but that's probably not necessary.

I had mine with a single input and switched it to a Y setup.  It fills more evenly with the Y.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×