Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Season is On!

granddaddy55

18 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Those up north have the 100/110 air+water rule.  I am more of a 120/125 with wet suit, 140/150 without.  I get cold WAY too easy.  I even wear surf socks, because when my feet get cold I am DONE!  

SPOILED! haha Does the water feel like bath water out there in AZ in the heat of the summer?

1 minute ago, CBray4 said:

SPOILED! haha Does the water feel like bath water out there in AZ in the heat of the summer?

All depends on how warm you like your bath...LOL

In August 90+ lake temps are no longer refreshing.   You have to try and dive down to cooler water 8-10 ft usually you can find a cool spot.

1 minute ago, DarkSide said:

All depends on how warm you like your bath...LOL

In August 90+ lake temps are no longer refreshing.   You have to try and dive down to cooler water 8-10 ft usually you can find a cool spot.

Geez that is nuts. Every time I find a warm spot at the lake here in Oklahoma I fell like I am swimming through someones piss... YUCK! Our water gets decently warm here depending on how much rain we get. It usually stays mildly refreshing tho. With 110 degree air temps here in the summer nearly any water is refreshing when you jump in.

I need to stop talking about warm weather... It's making me upset!

Nearly 100% chance of ice/sleet/snow/freezing rain here yesterday, today, and tomorrow...

4 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Here in mid summer it's common for us to go a couple weeks with the overnight LOW in the high 90's add 110+ degree days.... water gets warm

I can see how that would happen! I am sure you have answered this several times but does the tan/brown flooring get super hot on hot days? We are wanting to do tan/brown GatorStep in our new boat after this first season with it.

Gator is not a problem.  VINYLS are the problem,  even light colors.   The MC cool touch is the best thing ever.  They had black vinyl at an event last year.   I went strait from my boat to thiers.   My light colors were significantly warmer than the MC black!  

12 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Gator is not a problem.  VINYLS are the problem,  even light colors.   The MC cool touch is the best thing ever.  They had black vinyl at an event last year.   I went strait from my boat to thiers.   My light colors were significantly warmer than the MC black!  

Don't you love innovation! That is awesome! We will have light color vinyls so I am not worried about that. I was just curious about the GatorStep.

6 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Saturday this weekend coming will be 81, boat will say 85, water on boat will probably read 75 by 2 or 3 pm cause no clouds in forecast.  Water probably will actually be 70-72 maybe higher by that time.

@ConnollyCrew, @ibelonginprison Make that drive boys 

My Son's in you area on his honeymoon trip, he's loving the weather! 

Edited by Dare2goBare
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, CBray4 said:

Our water gets decently warm here depending on how much rain we get. It usually stays mildly refreshing tho. With 110 degree air temps here in the summer nearly any water is refreshing when you jump in.

There have been days when the air temp was 95, the water temp was 95 - and it was almost cooler OUT of the water, than in. 

When you're floating in water, sweating... you're like "this ain't right. I'm finding shade"
haha

Edited by ibelonginprison
1 hour ago, ibelonginprison said:

There have been days when the air temp was 95, the water temp was 95 - and it was almost cooler OUT of the water, than in. 

When you're floating in water, sweating... you're like "this ain't right. I'm finding shade"
haha

That just sounds uncomfortable. Haha

5 minutes ago, CBray4 said:

That just sounds uncomfortable. Haha

I've had better moments on the water. ha

That's when wakeboarding is the best. Getting drug behind the boat, while you're wet, at 22mph? Like an air conditioner. It's a blessing. 

Thankfully, our cool water is seriously only about 3' down. I usually float, sitting on a surfboard, so I take the board, push down and it forces cold water back up and cools you off.

Edited by ibelonginprison

It hit 42 this past weekend. My son was out in the driveway shooting hoops in a t shirt. It's all relative. But the water is still pretty hard up here this time of year.

19 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Last year our bath water season sort of didn’t happen or very little of it

Oh Man..... I feel for Ya.....   lol...lol...:Tease3:

This morning! 

20180222_080800.jpg

Edited by Dare2goBare
  • Like 3
29 minutes ago, Dare2goBare said:

Oh Man..... I feel for Ya.....   lol...lol...:Tease3:

This morning! 

20180222_080800.jpg

We've got 1-3" coming tonight and 5-8" more Saturday night. Can't decide if I want to ride Saturday on trails with a couple bare spots or Sunday in a ton of snow but also heavy winds...decisions, decisions.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

We’re up to 82 and pure sun fir Saturday comin, ride spot 15 minutes from airport , uber can take you or we’ll pick you up

So tempting! 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jk13 said:

We've got 1-3" coming tonight and 5-8" more Saturday night. Can't decide if I want to ride Saturday on trails with a couple bare spots or Sunday in a ton of snow but also heavy winds...decisions, decisions.

Hey... I'm thinking this the way to go. ...

home-element.png

Edit, So here I thought when you said, Ride,... I'm thinking Bike... silly me, Saw your other Post.... lmao...

Edited by Dare2goBare
  • Like 2
26 minutes ago, Kblagg said:

It was in the 70's here today so I decided to take my office to the lake. :)

20180222_132224.jpg

20180222_145544.jpg

Preeshhhh @Kblagg Way to help my -6 degree, cabin fever, postboatseasonpartum depression....:rofl: I know its not a word and almost a run on sentence. I may still use it for a triple word score (scrabble) until the snow melts. Beautiful wave, weather and boat brother. New board to break in also??? My lady just broke out my straight jacket and will be revoking my computer privileges... :cheers: Enjoy! 

Edited by alpensurf23
1 hour ago, Dare2goBare said:

So here I thought when you said, Ride,... I'm thinking Bike... silly me, Saw your other Post.... lmao...

I did buy a full suspension bike for summer but fat bikes are entirely too much work...:crazy:

Maybe I'll get one next winter, we'll see what kind of shape I can get myself into.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, jk13 said:

I did buy a full suspension bike for summer but fat bikes are entirely too much work...:crazy:

Maybe I'll get one next winter, we'll see what kind of shape I can get myself into.

Just avoid riding snowmobile single track up steep hills on those things. It ain't pretty either way. I'm all for shared trails but its amazes me where I see those fat bikes going these days.

Edited by alpensurf23

@jk13 - what part of Cent WI are you from?  I'm west of Milwaukee, have family in Chippewa & Rice Lake.  Sadly these mean southerners teasing us is hard to tolerate, but I have to live vicariously through them for a while yet!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, MustGoFast said:

@jk13 - what part of Cent WI are you from?  I'm west of Milwaukee, have family in Chippewa & Rice Lake.  Sadly these mean southerners teasing us is hard to tolerate, but I have to live vicariously through them for a while yet!

@MustGoFastWhat size straight jacket do you wear? I think of it as a security blanket.....