Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Season is On!

granddaddy55

I took a big step today!  Got home from work trip up to our cabin. At 2pm I thought I would go down and put A dock or two in. I got both docks in some leveling to be done but I also drooped both lifts in also. Might be able to get back to getting boats ready to launch Friday or the weekend.  We still have snow 100 miles north at our cabin. We had to turn the tractor around in the barn and dig out . This spring is something very odd.

• Like 2

Saturday and Sunday were beautiful , air 82 water 75-78, 

https://www.facebook.com/david.posey.756/posts/756953974497063

https://www.facebook.com/david.posey.756/posts/756957567830037

We rode, skated and surfed

Sunday I had the pleasure of a tangled surf rope in prop tonend the day 

shoukd have listened to the poster on contents of prop repair/change kit who said he has a mini flash light on a lanyard, it was pitched black/brown and couldn’t see 1inch, took 30 minutes of very excited breath hold diving

it took 30 minutes to get chilly in the water !

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1

Now the season is on! Got out this week for the first time. 46 and 46! Still pretty chilly in 5 mm but it was nice to have the place to ourselves. Had an inch on the lawn 5 days ago, and that's 2000 feet lower than the lake.

Edited by SomeYeahoo
  • Like 2

If the weather is not rain or windy tomorrow I should get the ski tug in! got time today to get it out and a bath and wax job and 303 the interior. So if all goes well I will start it up put the power line to the lift and  put it on the lift. And maybe A ski also. 

• Like 1

Got on the foil today behind a friends boat! Water was 60 air 73. Right back where I left off in Nov. learning how to land a straight air.

Get my boat back this week!

• Like 2

Boat is in on the lift! :yahoo:No ski runs as we had rain and winds didn't even launch till 5pm. Had to have light wind to get the lift cover on but at least I am in.

• Like 3

:yahoo::woot::yahoo:   Need I say more!  Took a break from work and just got back from my first ski runs of the year. Near perfect water. I was so excited about getting in the water I never even looked at the water temp but it is a very nice day. 80 today the best day of the year! The old tug did fine. I skied well what more my day is very very good today!

Edited by Sixball
  • Like 2
42 minutes ago, Sixball said:

:yahoo::woot::yahoo:   Need I say more!  toke a brake from work and just got back from my first ski runs of the year. Near perfect water. I was so excited about getting in the water I never even looked at the water temp but it is a very nice day. 80 today the best day of the year! The old tug did fine. I skied well what more my day is very very good today!

Brake dust is toxic I wouldn't be toking it!  Sorry, couldn't resist, glad you finally got a ski in. I have 11 sets in already at Hilltop (my xmas present private lake rental) & #3 tomorrow with my Wed crew!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rednucleus said:

Brake dust is toxic I wouldn't be toking it!  Sorry, couldn't resist, glad you finally got a ski in. I have 11 sets in already at Hilltop (my xmas present private lake rental) & #3 tomorrow with my Wed crew!

:Doh:Hope it looks better now,  just typed it and ran never looked back. But then I never did any good with spelling! But I am sure you all know by now.  

Finally over 10 hrs and got to surf behind my new 2017 23LSV. Photo credits to @NWBU. It was great to have him there for the first rides. Best Monday I've had in a while.

y4m20JBvMvoFYUTwG4lSeHM5FO-wHpNFvNlUqh3U

Setup here is Full Stock Ballast, 770 lb Rear Bags Full, 675 lbs bow bag full, 2 clicks away from Ramp, speed 10.8 mph. Nick at AWS recommended I try a little less in the rear bags next time to clean up the wave a little more...maybe around 3/4 full to start. It had good push and actually was pretty long. I think I can get a little more size and a cleaner face with a tweak or 2 in the setup.

y4mMCqiqAZzlvvX8b3wVY9_pVLc8AKZApKD60AOW

y4mU3mq-2IYAqCPtFVbxrq_-40cpyznWzvGR1eLR

Down to 36 last night. Had to get my winter jacket out to walk the big yellow dog this morning. Bummer!  At least I didn't need to put a heater in the boat overnight.

It’s like full summer! Time for an oil change, 55-60 hours this season already

https://www.facebook.com/daves.wakeboatpage/posts/1628469260583043

Wife worked her way back to one wake hops, slightly chronic back had held her back but she improved it all off season and she’s been riding again fir about a month , so stoked for her

https://www.facebook.com/daves.wakeboatpage/videos/1628469470583022/

Edited by granddaddy55