Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Tow Rig...2500HD Questions

Kblagg

Yah aside from the roll bar and the 18inch wheels I do like the looks of the X.  There is no  way I could stomach another black car as I bought a black Metallic Tesla P100d last year and I’m having to get it detailed weekly since I drive it to work.  I guess they make it in white but never seen it.

Honestly though, my truck will probably get a few hundred miles a year as I bought it just for towing my m235 to some distant lakes.  I think the chrome looks good with the triple later white paint though I had the red gmc logos blacked out.  The white nearly matches my 488 Spider in a Bianco Fuji although the paint upcharge was 30x less $ in the GMC. Go figure. 

68CABD48-AB46-41A3-93DF-3F3E38D9EB55.jpeg

E2BDCB2B-4EE4-4C45-828E-3692C4146282.jpeg

4 hours ago, RCorsa said:

Yah aside from the roll bar and the 18inch wheels I do like the looks of the X.  There is no  way I could stomach another black car as I bought a black Metallic Tesla P100d last year and I’m having to get it detailed weekly since I drive it to work.  I guess they make it in white but never seen it.

Honestly though, my truck will probably get a few hundred miles a year as I bought it just for towing my m235 to some distant lakes.  I think the chrome looks good with the triple later white paint though I had the red gmc logos blacked out.  The white nearly matches my 488 Spider in a Bianco Fuji although the paint upcharge was 30x less $ in the GMC. Go figure. 

68CABD48-AB46-41A3-93DF-3F3E38D9EB55.jpeg

E2BDCB2B-4EE4-4C45-828E-3692C4146282.jpeg

Sorry RCorsa nice truck but the white denali is not even white its cream.   All -Terrain is where its at from a looks and package value stand point.    

IMG_5298.JPG

Actually triple later paints have a ton of different hues depending on the light. Here is my same truck in different light. The same is true with Bianco Fuji as above. In some lights it looks silver some it has a gold hue and in others it has a matte appearance. . That this whole point versus plain white which are a single layers of paint followed by clear coat.

Feel free to visit a new instagram page I made and you can see all this.  @rcorsa6382

Lastly, now that I see  the all terrain in white I’m glad I went with the Denali....YUK..

14C8B8B0-E6B0-4228-871B-5E3FFC64C06D.jpeg

On 2/14/2018 at 8:16 AM, IXFE said:

Pretty sure all HD trucks come from the factory with Load E tires, which is 10 ply, right?

Im tire shopping for my new F250 and watched a video yesterday about how a lot of people unknowingly put underrated tires in their HD trucks. 

A lot of tire manufacturers ar doing a load range E tire that has a max psi of 65 instead of 80 that load range E has. But the weight capacity is the same as the  10 ply E tire. The crazy part is most tire shops don't even realize or care and air the tire all the way up to 80 so tire Monitor system light goes off. Then let the air back Down to 70 and send the customer on their way. 

That's Mostly on the 35x12.5 r20. And 37. 

Toyo has an open country rt. That they now offer a load range F that holds 80 psi. And handles more weight also. And the still have the load range E in that tire that only holds 65.  35x12.5r20. That will be my next tire. As it held up better for me on my truck than any other I have tried. I drive a lot of slag rock and big limestone rock roads and they eat tires. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

Toyo has an open country rt. That they now offer a load range F that holds 80 psi. And handles more weight also. And the still have the load range E in that tire that only holds 65.  35x12.5r20. That will be my next tire. As it held up better for me on my truck than any other I have tried. I drive a lot of slag rock and big limestone rock roads and they eat tires. 

That is timely as I was just offered a deal on a set of toyo rt’s. I’m hesitant to go back as the last set of toyo mt’s I had were toast after 12k miles. Might have to give the rt’s a shot. Seems like a good compromise if they will last. 

6 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

That is timely as I was just offered a deal on a set of toyo rt’s. I’m hesitant to go back as the last set of toyo mt’s I had were toast after 12k miles. Might have to give the rt’s a shot. Seems like a good compromise if they will last. 

The rt holds up better for me than the mt, the at, and at2 and better than nitto  Exograppler. 

11 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Keep them rotated and the r/t will last a long time. I just got 60k out of the last set and they wern't bald. They were 35x12.5r17 and on a tuned diesel probably half the miles were unloaded and half loaded miles.