Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking at a boat tonight! 2010 23LSV

Ryan1776

@Ryan1776 Totally agree with what you are saying about the process and hope we are helping. I am grateful for all the input I get from the crew. Whatever you decide the crew will still be here. That being said please go take a look at @ADDICTED2WAKE 's T22 to save yourself any future coulda shoulda wouldas. Nothing worse than buyer's tunnel vision and missing out on a better investment in the long run. ( been there) Another Pro to see is that you will lesson the possible "we told you so's". :cheers:

1 minute ago, alpensurf23 said:

That being said please go take a look at @ADDICTED2WAKE 's T22 to

You mean in person? Because I've definitely looked at the listing. 

2 minutes ago, alpensurf23 said:

Nothing worse than buyer's tunnel vision and missing out on a better investment in the long run.

Yup. For sure, but at the end of the day, that's long run investment of 60 a month over 15 years is 10,800 bucks. That'll buy a lot of beer, gas and tower speakers. :rofl:

• Like 1

@Ryan1776 Why not in person, it won't bite. That money you estimate you save, maybe not when you factor in maintenance, depreciation, resale. As he has stated he's a motivated seller, worst case you meet a crew member that might help you with that wake boarding your working on. :cheers:

1 hour ago, Ryan1776 said:

Yo that's long run investment of 60 a month over 15 years is 10,800 bucks. That'll buy a lot of beer, gas and tower speakers. :rofl:

That's assuming you don't get it at lower price.   I'd look at that as insurance frankly.  Also, you cannot put a price on knowing the entire history of the boat ownership.    

• Like 1

@alpensurf23 Not much to report. I did send addicted a PM, haven't heard back and that's ok. 

Just kinda in a holding pattern until the ice thaws. Getting close. Saw a lot of open water this weekend. CMON SPRING! 

On 3/1/2018 at 7:08 AM, Ryan1776 said:

@kerpluxalI just wanted to ask you a few questions on how you did your ballast upgrade you talked about.

So am I assuming that with the "Y" you started to fill both the hard tank and the bag, NOT wait for the tank to overflow into the bag. I like that. 
But will the pumps fill the bag from the bottom even with the increasing head pressure? I didn't think that the aerator style pumps would do that? Obviously they will! 
What size bags did you use? I notice on wakemakers, the custom piggy bag ones are 910lbs but they don't offer those without the piggy back system.....

Thinking out loud....
Then from the vent of the hard tank to the 2nd bottom port of the bag so when the tank fills it'll keep pushing water into the bag as well as divert volume from the full tank to the bag at the Y fitting. 

So that covers fill. 
Is there anything special on drain? Or because there's two lines to the bottom of the bag back into the hard tank it drains well enough without mods? How much water is left in the bags usually? 

One last question. You mentioned changing the 3/4" line from the pump to tank to 1 1/8" what about the other lines? Did you just keep 3/4" as there are two of them for fill/drain now? 
Drain-I'm assuming you had to change from bottom of hard tank to pump to 1 1/8" as well. Or did you just change fill pumps? 
Sorry... that was more than one question! 

Ryan

sorry.. been out of town and out of touch:

So am I assuming that with the "Y" you started to fill both the hard tank and the bag, NOT wait for the tank to overflow into the bag.

• Incorrect.. the tank fills first then overflows into bag.. Water takes the path with less resistance.. the bottom of the Y goes to the tank.. One top of Y goes to pump, other top goes to bag.

But will the pumps fill the bag from the bottom even with the increasing head pressure?

• Yes they will

Is there anything special on drain? Or because there's two lines to the bottom of the bag back into the hard tank it drains well enough without mods? How much water is left in the bags usually? 

• It has worked fine for me... very little to no water is left in bags (maybe 16 oz at times)

One last question. You mentioned changing the 3/4" line from the pump to tank to 1 1/8" what about the other lines? Did you just keep 3/4" as there are two of them for fill/drain now? 

• I did not change my drain setup at all... I do plan on updating my drain pumps as they break... but would require hose and thru hull change to 1 1/8 as well

Drain-I'm assuming you had to change from bottom of hard tank to pump to 1 1/8" as well. Or did you just change fill pumps? 

• I just changed my fill pumps... 
  • If you wanted to upgrade the drain pumps, you do not have to change the outlet on the hard tank. The piranha 800 and 1100 gph pumps both have .75" intakes. the only thing you would need to change is the drain hose and thru hull

Again,

Sorry for late reply

@Ryan1776 $5000.00 will get you go surf assist... it is fully automated and works wonders on these boats.. I know you are not interested in the surf thang and main interest is wakeboard.. but it is another option on an automated system. 

15 hours ago, kerpluxal said:

sorry.. been out of town and out of touch:

So am I assuming that with the "Y" you started to fill both the hard tank and the bag, NOT wait for the tank to overflow into the bag.

• Incorrect.. the tank fills first then overflows into bag.. Water takes the path with less resistance.. the bottom of the Y goes to the tank.. One top of Y goes to pump, other top goes to bag.

@kerpluxalNo worries. 

Wow I'm more confused. You have the fill pump. Then connected to the output you have the Y fitting. So you have one input and 2 outputs. 
Output one-to top of hard tank for fill.
Output two-to top of ballast bag. Correct? 

Just re-read that. You connect the single point into the tank? 

I'm no keyboard artist. lol But this should make sense. 

Hard tank.                          Bag
|-----------------|      ________(________)
|                   |      |  
|__________| ---<__________O
                       "Y"            Pump    

Seems you'd want the feed point to Y at the pump and have two outputs? 

|-----------------|                        (________)
|                   |                      |  
|__________| ---__________>----------------O
                                          "Y"            Pump    

So 
And you did nothing about drain setup. Good deal. Thank you! 

15 hours ago, kerpluxal said:

• I did not change my drain setup at all... I do plan on updating my drain pumps as they break... but would require hose and thru hull change to 1 1/8 as well

I didn't explain this properly, I meant that the lines that allow the bag and the hard tank to communicate. Are those 1 1/8" as well? Or 3/4"

Edited by Ryan1776
12 hours ago, kerpluxal said:

$5000.00 will get you go surf assist... it is fully automated and works wonders on these boats.. I know you are not interested in the surf thang and main interest is wakeboard.. but it is another option on an automated system.

Do people actually like that system over the gates style? Or NSS? 
Seems to me that type of tab will just list the boat over. No thanks. 

You'll get a slight list, but nothing comparable to actually listing your boat with bags.  The GSA system certainly extends the life of your boat by avoiding a complete boat upgrade.  But frankly, the suckgates do the job for the rest of us. 

15 minutes ago, saxton15 said:

You'll get a slight list, but nothing comparable to actually listing your boat with bags.  The GSA system certainly extends the life of your boat by avoiding a complete boat upgrade.  But frankly, the suckgates do the job for the rest of us. 

Gothchya. "suckgate" Sorry, for the dumb question, assuming those are the suction cup attached wedges? 

I have a set of Lencos and tabs with controller. If I ever get tho the point of doing it, I'd have no issues using this stuff for that. Run an Ardruino to control it. 

Edited by Ryan1776
1 hour ago, Ryan1776 said:

I have the GSA and never noticed a list at all. IMO opinion is comparable or better than gates on the older boats as it has the option to put both tabs down to create a "lift" mode similar to the PWII for getting on plane wakeboarding. I actually us it all the time to reduce bow-rise, and cause I like to push buttons. I could also be convincing myself it was money well spent :). Anyway, as you said just build a similar set up with the tabs u got and u wont be disappointed!

30 minutes ago, saxton15 said:

@Ryan1776 I think Addicted just lowered his price to 55K.  Pick up the phone dude!

If his claims of condition can be validated with crevices or hidden crevices free of built up dirt, than that is a steel, boats loaded, snd beautiful and if no one in his area has s vandall, it will be unique forever.  Don’t buy that boat and keep it outside ! It’s obviously been covered and out of the rain 

tgats the price other than sales tax on Trailer that will put you in water with $0 in additional post purchase costs.  Man up and increase downpayment and buy that boat!!!!!!

it will be your lowest cost to get in water and actually do the sports and activities you want to do immediately !!

the 14’s we’re super dependable with the slow but never breaks gate actuators.  The whole boat is debugged Malibu with a floating wedge and no screen issues or complications

chsnge the fluids and RIDE, wipe it down and put it away, no hassles or worries.   If I was buying used no warranty , it would be a 14 Axis 

Edited by granddaddy55
ahopkins22LSV
17 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

If his claims of condition can be validated with crevices or hidden crevices free of built up dirt, than that is a steel, boats loaded, snd beautiful and if no one in his area has s vandall, it will be unique forever.  Don’t buy that boat and keep it outside ! It’s obviously been covered and out of the rain 

tgats the price other than sales tax on Trailer that will put you in water with $0 in additional post purchase costs.  Man up and increase downpayment and buy that boat!!!!!!

it will be your lowest cost to get in water and actually do the sports and activities you want to do immediately !!

the 14’s we’re super dependable with the slow but never breaks gate actuators.  The whole boat is debugged Malibu with a floating wedge and no screen issues or complications

chsnge the fluids and RIDE, wipe it down and put it away, no hassles or worries.   If I was buying used no warranty , it would be a 14 Axis 

It’s that clean. Good friend of mine and I’m on the boat all the time. 

• Like 1

This is his best math buy even by his numbers , difference would only be a bigger down payment.  

Have a regular never moving away friend wanting to go all the time buy a share to never have to pay gas or do maintenance or insure, gets just the fun. 

He gets very little percentage , side deal only, no title cause that ruins the insurance , but his only requirement is to cut a check.  

If he materially participates in the maintenance , cleaning and transportation to water, then he gets a share at sell point , if not it’s just a zero hassle lease and he gets nothing.  

Contracts can be written fir anything even among friends . 

The loan to value ratio should be much better on this boat and therefore the loan should get better in rate if you have max credit rating, which may net you a lower note per thousand borrowed 

@saxton15 I know. We talked. 

1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

Not true. As I've said a few times, I need a bimini and I want tower speakers. Has neither. Upgraded ballast to the LSV is cake. 
Why don't you man up and give me the extra down? :lol: Kidding of course. But I have no intention on dropping more on a down just to get this boat that's out of my price range. 
I might as well come up with another 40k and just get new...right?  You gotta have a personal line in the sand and KNOW where you stand. How your finances are situated. It's not what I can afford it's what can I afford AND handle an emergency without losing my a$$. 

Why can't I wakeboard with the LSV? Again, surfing is NOT my primary function. And I can surf a 1986 Surpa Comp DD, I can surf the LSV with ease. 

his is his best math buy even by his numbers , difference would only be a bigger down payment.  

Have a regular never moving away friend wanting to go all the time buy a share to never have to pay gas or do maintenance or insure, gets just the fun. 

He gets very little percentage , side deal only, no title cause that ruins the insurance , but his only requirement is to cut a check.  

If he materially participates in the maintenance , cleaning and transportation to water, then he gets a share at sell point , if not it’s just a zero hassle lease and he gets nothing.  

Contracts can be written fir anything even among friends . 

NOPE. NEVER EVER WILL I GET INTO A JOINT CONTRACT LIKE THAT.

The loan to value ratio should be much better on this boat and therefore the loan should get better in rate if you have max credit rating, which may net you a lower note per thousand borrowed 

Already have the best rate. Boat year will not matter. 

Edited by Ryan1776
3 minutes ago, saxton15 said:

I'm glad you explored the option either way.  That's the beauty of the forum, just a couple more perspectives. 

Oh for sure! I DO appreciate the perspective. 

6 hours ago, Ryan1776 said:

@kerpluxalNo worries. 

Wow I'm more confused. You have the fill pump. Then connected to the output you have the Y fitting. So you have one input and 2 outputs. 
Output one-to top of hard tank for fill.
Output two-to top of ballast bag. Correct? 

Just re-read that. You connect the single point into the tank? 

I'm no keyboard artist. lol But this should make sense. 

"Y"            Pump    

Seems you'd want the feed point to Y at the pump and have two outputs? 

|-----------------|                        (________)
|                   |                      |  
|__________| ---__________>----------------O
                                          "Y"            Pump    

So 
And you did nothing about drain setup. Good deal. Thank you! 

I didn't explain this properly, I meant that the lines that allow the bag and the hard tank to communicate. Are those 1 1/8" as well? Or 3/4"

"Y"            Pump    

This is the proper way... it will your hard tank first then your bag... You want the tank to fill first... it gives support to the bag on top and most important... keeps you from air locking the bottom tank... if the bag fills before the tank the tank cannot vent .,.,.

7 hours ago, Ryan1776 said:

well.. yes it is better than NSS and in my opinion better than surfgate... I will try to attach a pic

After install... wave is way better now that I have it dialed inIMG_20160124_152956038_zpso0rltchh.jpg

Edited by kerpluxal
24 minutes ago, kerpluxal said:

You want the tank to fill first... it gives support to the bag on top and most important... keeps you from air locking the bottom tank.

AH! This makes sense thank you! 

Can't see your photo. Apparently my lack of privileges won't allow it .... But I believe you.