Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MLX 22 versus 21 VLX 2018

LRH

Looking at both models. Although there are some differences in the options and size of two models looking at Picklefork models. After options seems to be a $30,000 plus difference in some cases. 

How deep a discount can you get this time of year and does one handle water better than other   

2 hours ago, LRH said:

Looking at both models. Although there are some differences in the options and size of two models looking at Picklefork models. After options seems to be a $30,000 plus difference in some cases. 

How deep a discount can you get this time of year and does one handle water better than other   

Have you looked at Axis? Pickleforks have bigger bows, so the helm is further back and would require more bow weight, so a 22 picklefork would probable be close to the same amount of space as the 21' from helm to back seat. Also the beam on the 21vlx is 98", and MXZ is 102" , all depends on your needs. Wakeboard? Surf? 

If you are looking at the 22MXZ you probably want to be looking at the 22 VLX as they are both 22 foot boats, with 102 in beams.  The 21VLX and the 21MLX would be comparable.  

My opinion: If you are looking at the 22MXZ, you should be looking at the 23 LSV, as it is less expensive then the 22MXZ and gets you a bigger boat, great resale, and fantastic wakes.

• Like 2

I have a 17 22mxz we love the room in the boat and it has a great surf wave with push on stock ballast with two people in it. The more weight up front the longer the wave gets. I came from a 09 Tige Z1 and this one drives and handles a lot better than that Tige. It does have a lot of engine noise that I don’t think the lsv or vlx has cause of their engine hatch designs. As soon as I get this worked out I will be 😃 

Edited by Laylakecrew