Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My new 2015 Malibu Response TXI

moski

@LakeOneSkier thank u for the offer and will do.  

Appreciate the advice @Sixball , I’ve been poking around at new slalom ski.

Looking for couple of trick skis to play on for adult and my 10 and 8 yr old.  Let me know.  I’ve looked at ski it again already.

Whats a good SIZE surfboard for adult as well kid to wake surf behind the TXI (I have the wedge plate for it too) ???????    Looking around to play with other toys.   Also starter wakeboard for kid & adult (size and stuff)?

• 1 month later...

Hi Moski

Very nice looking rig. 

We too have a TXI, 2014 model with the 6 litre.

Are you able to show me any pictures with your boom on?

How does it go for clearance behind the drives seat. and the clamp on the pole and the engine cover.  Is it fairly tight.

Was talking to a supplier about one of the barefoot international booms and they weren't 100% sure about it fitting and said you could put it out the passengers side which really didn't sound like a great option. 

A couple of photos of yours on would be great.

Thanks

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, LakeOneSkier said:

@moski, if you ever make it up to the Chicago area (actually an hour SW of Chicago) bring your ski, I'd be glad to give ya a pull thru the course and a lesson or two.   

If the invitation is open to anyone, I'm near Naperville, less than an hour from you :lol:

• 4 months later...
On 2/22/2018 at 3:52 AM, soundingbusy said:

Hi Moski

Very nice looking rig. 

How does it go for clearance behind the drives seat. and the clamp on the pole and the engine cover.  Is it fairly tight.

Was talking to a supplier about one of the barefoot international booms and they weren't 100% sure about it fitting and said you could put it out the passengers side which really didn't sound like a great option. 

Thanks

@soundingbusy   Sorry on delay.  I will get pictures of the boom on.  I put the Barefoot international boom out the passenger side.  But I can put the contour part out the driver side and take picture to show how it fits..   It will fit out driver side due to the the first part of the boom is contoured.    I bought the fly high pylon (2 pipes) and the BI boom at same time from:  the footers edge website (which is Lane Bowers).  He also then gave me cell to Mike Seipel for me to go over info etc w/ Mike.    Great customer service and great info from Mike and Lane both...

Side note from earlier:  under middle bow filler cushion is 8” which is high enough for a small yeti cooler to fit on its side and underneath it.

That is such a bad-a** boat.  I really wish the new generation of TXis looked half that nice.  '15 and 16 are the sweet spot for the TXi too.  How's the summer going with it?

On 1/8/2018 at 6:35 AM, powbmps said:

Great looking boat!

any idea if this would apply to the '03-'06 LXi as well?  

TXi seems much more sensitive to weight distribution than my '04 RLXi.   Really helps the TXi.  I didn't feel much of a difference in the RLXi.

• 8 months later...
On 2/22/2018 at 3:52 AM, soundingbusy said:

Hi Moski

Very nice looking rig. 

Thanks

Sorry for long delay.  I forgot to replay to you here last year..  Yes the boom can go on either side.  There is room behind driver seat to put the boom.  I will goo behind driver seat just fine.  I placed on both sides when installing it but don’t have any pictures of it behind driver seat.  I like using it on passenger side.  I went through Lane Bowers at the footers edge website to get barefoot boom, one extension, and the fly high pole too.   I’m lovin the set up.

96CD5464-E9DD-4EB0-93B9-BE2741228464.jpeg

19429B97-FD75-4C3E-BD6B-36FA441CB2E2.jpeg

E7A49FC9-3E62-4F83-9D2C-BB105B715BF6.jpeg

7FEAEBAE-2546-48DA-9765-335A42060564.jpeg

50CB8CC6-6AD9-40B0-9873-8F0A6148659A.jpeg

Edited by moski
  • Like 3