Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

V-ride 2006 Sacrificial anodes

This is my first Malibu. I used to live by the ocean and boats have all kinds of sacrificial anodes everywhere. Now that I am in a only fresh water area, it seems that anodes are not that common. I am trying to find where The 06 V-ride has any anodes. I only found two in front of the transmission (which are also identified in the manual for the Skivee) but that's all. Blocks or manifolds don't seem to have anything and I don't see any others. Is this true?

Have anyone just went ahead and put anodes in places just to be safe. Common, even in fresh water, will things not eventually corrode? Why not prevent it as best as you can. 

Regarding the anodes I found, bakes online shows this one: https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-skivee-v-drive-zinc-anode-drain-plug.html  $45 sounds way expensive for what this is. They also have these:

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-heat-exchanger-zinc-anode-drain-plug.html

Anyone know the difference...?? $10 seems like a more logical price but the $49 is the one called out for the skivee. The cheaper ones seem longer.

Appreciate any feedback.

BTW,

Just finished a long research and before paying $49 for a zinc anode that is not very effective in freshwater, I'll buy a couple of magnesium ones that I found for $8 which make way more sense. 

IF you have any different types of metal touching, you will get electrolysis. A sacrificial anode is the a great way to prevent it. This of course is really only for boats sitting in the water all the time, which many feel is taboo for an IB tow boat.

• 7 months later...

Javi, Where did you find the anodes for $8?   I too am in need of replacing the ski vee anodes in my 2006 vlx.  I have searched without success.  Since moving from salt water to now fresh water exclusively I am familiar with the importance.