Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

emj3553

This sure sucks, but have you tried contacting malibu directly? If you do don't forget to go in with a positive attitude, they'll be much more likely to work with you.....    There's been a few guys on here who haven't had the greatest luck, i think it really comes down to the dealer being motivated. all of the problems you listed seem to be different than most, not something where the problem is unknown. I would definitely be frustrated too, if they were to do thing right they'd transfer your loan (assuming you financed) over to a new/demo boat, but not everything works out perfectly. 

33 minutes ago, emj3553 said:

Thanks for the reply. You can’t tell the color difference in a photo. It’s a white pearl color and the flake was mostly what didn’t match. The ballast tank crack is under the floor and I never saw it. I will post the other fiber glass crack pictures asap. I was hoping that someone on here has delt with Malibu before on getting their boat replaced or bought back under some sort of lemon law. I’m wonderihg if it’s worth getting a lawyer. 

Did Malibu Offer a White Pearl? I dont think I have seen that Color.

8 hours ago, Wakesetter67 said:

I saw it at the factory a few years ago when they were building a Texas Edition. Chatt's 2017 is white metallic, beautiful boat! 

1 hour ago, thtrog said:

I saw it at the factory a few years ago when they were building a Texas Edition. Chatt's 2017 is white metallic, beautiful boat! 

So its not been offered to the general public? Say a 2016 M235?

Edited by Wakesetter67
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Wakesetter67 said:

So its not been offered to the general public? Say a 2016 M235?

My dealer has had it as an option for a while.  It's just not very popular because it's very subtle and people have a hard time  paying extra for a flake that is subtle. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Wakesetter67 said:

Yes, on 2017 Models. It was a very modest flake that didn't go over very well, you paid the upgrade charge but it didn't sparkle very much. Think Ford F150 White Platinum...

• Like 1

The white pearl showed different colors depending on how you look at it. It had different shades of green, pink blue hues on differing surfaces. Really a different color. 

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
54 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The white pearl showed different colors depending on how you look at it. It had different shades of green, pink blue hues on differing surfaces. Really a different color. 

Yeah it was. I think they only offered it for 2017 because it wasn't so consistent as you said. I could see how a top deck and hull could look different because they aren't sprayed in the same booth. Which would suck. 

@emj3553 any updates on your list of issues and pics? I am curious because I have had issues with my M as well, but nothing like you are describing. I know @spikew919 has a thread started with the issues he has had with his M and his is actually back at the factory as well. 

30 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

I would cry if I had to pay house note size loans and not have my 160000.00 house to use/live in.

i noticed all the satisfied Malibu owners went to football quick and colors to change the subject

oh , and someone’s serious boat issues a yawn, really , or was that directed solely at NFL snd not towards the poster

is it that they can afford the big money problems and that bores you? Sounds like the tax cut thinking, we’ll off don’t deserve one??

Yes, sorry I take issue with someone with no history here, drops a thread claiming the “Paint” doesn’t match. 

The yawn was a subject change in the thread until we had any useable info to advise the OP on.

how bout them pics? 

Obviously my reply was primarily based on the lack of credible information to sustain a complaint. With some pics of the Gel coat problems and if the really had to split the hull to remove the tank and replace it yes I’d have some simpathy. 

If all of these things are true, if the dealer was worth anything, I’m sure he/she would have leverage to get with factory Rep to come to the table with a solution where all parties can agree. 

May this point would a loaner Demo boat do anything for you? My guess is no because it’s 45degrees in Kansas City in November.

you drop the lawer card, and all parties dig in, and you probably burn a bridge and loose out in the long term.

how many hours did you get on the boat before it had to go back? 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

I would cry if I had to pay house note size loans and not have my 160000.00 house to use/live in.

i noticed all the satisfied Malibu owners went to football quick and colors to change the subject

oh , and someone’s serious boat issues a yawn, really , or was that directed solely at NFL snd not towards the poster

is it that they can afford the big money problems and that bores you? Sounds like the tax cut thinking, we’ll off don’t deserve one??

I suspect some people are bothered by another problem thread.   Pictures would be nice,  but OP is not asking how to fix issues, they are asking has anyone been able to get a refund or replacement under lemon laws.   Pictures aren't needed for this question.   They would lend credibility,  and make the claim of needing a replacement more justifyable.

As the OP is referring to the gel as paint, I am guessing they are new to boating. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Yourmom said:

I suspect some people are bothered by another problem thread.   Pictures would be nice,  but OP is not asking how to fix issues, they are asking has anyone been able to get a refund or replacement under lemon laws.   Pictures aren't needed for this question.   They would lend credibility,  and make the claim of needing a replacement more justifyable.

As the OP is referring to the gel as paint, I am guessing they are new to boating. 

I have no clue how flake is added. Is it mixed in with the gelcoat? 

Steve B.