QmanBu

Boat Shipping Cover?

I am currently in the process of getting a boat shipped from Texas to Chicago and I don't want to use the CS cover that it has for the 1200 mile journey. 

I came across this Transhield travel/shrinkable cover and wanted to get peoples opinions on it? It says for a VLX, but on the actual Tag, its for a VTX. Has anyone used these? Would it hold up for a 1200 mile trip? I don't want the shipper to have to deal with it flapping in the wind, but don't want the boat open if it doesn't have to be.

https://greatlakesskipper.com/malibu-vlx-21-w-g3-tower-zipper-door-transhield-f6180-2-boat-shrinkable-shipping-cover-7811018 

Any other suggestions on how to best ship a boat that will go from warm weather to cold weather (possible rain/snow) during the trip? Trying to work with the shipper on weather availability, but thought if this is decent, I would give it a shot.

I would have it shrink wrapped.

2 people like this

I would think you could find someone to shrinkwrap the whole baby for you. then the entire bottom is protected from any grime, salt, rocks, construction materials etc...

I would totally do that, but can't find a shrink wrap company down there and the dealer says they don't shrink wrap boats.

Thanks for the link. Didn't think would travel far but said its no problem. 13 bucks a foot seems reasonable. Thanks!

that is a good deal - it is $15 - $17 per foot up here.

Yep, we are 17-18 a foot up here as well. this includes coming to your house to do it also.