Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 20 VTX fader doesn't work

Pilz

Anyone having similar issue with fader control not fading anything?  I can balance left and right but fader control does nothing front to rear.  I'm thinking that Malibu wired it wrong while the dealer is going between Malibu and the stereo mfr.

In the source unit diagram ive seen here, its clear that the unit has tower, woofer and in-boat outputs. Whats not clear if there is a forth, which could possible be utilized for bow to main fade. it would also depend on how the amp is configured per Malibu. With no true zone control, im surprised the fade was not setup to work between the tower and in-boats. 

Given the proprietary harness and connectors, I dont see it being easy to reconfigure the fade from tower/in-boats to bow/main cabin. Presuming its currently designed for tower/in-boats. Not easy like moving a couple pair of RCA around. 

What we need is someone with tower speakers, to comment on how or if fade works on their boat.

Edited by MLA

Just checked my Fade control on my '17 23LSV. The Fade only turns down the 2 bow and 2 walk through speakers, the 4 rear cabin speakers still play.

With separate inputs for Cabin/Sub/Tower signals, it would take a rewire of the proprietary plugs to fade between those signals. Then it wouldn't be a Fade control but an volume adjustment between the Main and Tower or Sub depending on how you rewired. You would need to trace which pairs of wires control which pairs of speakers and re configure the plugs. I wouldn't recommend the sub pair.

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The Fade only turns down the 2 bow and 2 walk through speakers, the 4 rear cabin speakers still play.

Ok, now im scratching my head. So let me make sure I got this right. Fade only turns the walkway and bow up/down. you can fade the walkways down and leave bow playing or fade bow down and leave walkway playing? At first thought, theres not enough amp channels for this. 

OK, more slowly this time... The Fade function only changes the bow and walk through speakers (the front 4 - 6.5" speakers as a set). The fade icon does not fade the 4 rear cabin speakers and has no effect at all on them.

@Ronnie Im understanding which speakers, its the "what" im not understanding. So ok more slowly this time, does the it fade back and forth between the walkway and bow or does it bring all four down and back up as a set?  

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

OK, more slowly this time... The Fade function only changes the bow and walk through speakers (the front 4 - 6.5" speakers as a set). The fade icon does not fade the 4 rear cabin speakers and has no effect at all on them.

My '17 23 LSV has 8 speakers, 4 - 8" in the cabin, 2 - 6.5" in the walk through and 2 - 6.5" in the bow. The 4 - 8" are a set and the 4 - 6.5" are a set as far as fading goes.

With the Fade setting at "0" all 8 (Cabin & Walk Through/Bow) speakers play.

With the Fade setting at "-15" all 8 speakers play (Cabin & Walk Through/Bow).

With the Fade setting at "15" only the 4 rear speakers are playing (4 - 8" speakers). The Front 4 - 6.5" speakers are not playing (Bow & WalkThrough) thus the only speakers that are effected by the fader are the 4 - 6.5" speakers. All 4 - 6.5" speakers volume's go up and down as a set, meaning all 4 - 6.5" speakers change together.

So it work more like a zone volume for the bow/walkway and not at all like front and rear fade. 

Thanks for the bold and underline text. Bold only and I would not have gotten it :rofl: Still could be interpreted as fading bow and walk way split as front to rear, that why I ask for a little better clarification. 

Well...none of mine fade regardless of size, location, color,.....   :)  Malibu told my dealer they can't help and WetSounds doesn't return calls to the dealer.  Hoping I can at least squeeze out a schematic and figure it myself.