Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Remove windshield on newer axis.

RudyMuller

If this is something you are doing seasonally (winter storage?) I would be concerned with eventually weakening the integrity of the screw holes.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, Raimie said:

How close are you? Can you deflate your trailer tires to get it in? Removing the windshield is a lot of work!

17 axis A20 

opening is 6'4 boats about 6'9ish. I'm so screwed, but its for winter and that's it. 

11 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

It's not that bad to get out. I've replaced one. You. can probably get the whole thing off in less than an hour.

Assuming it's the highest point of the boat, how do you go about removing the windshield?

thanks

15 minutes ago, RudyMuller said:

Assuming it's the highest point of the boat, how do you go about removing the windshield?

thanks

Isn't the tower going to be taller than the windshield? even when folded down..

19 minutes ago, Suggy said:

Isn't the tower going to be taller than the windshield? even when folded down..

I'm not sure. Never had the tower down. Hope not. 😂

1 hour ago, RudyMuller said:

17 axis A20 

opening is 6'4 boats about 6'9ish. I'm so screwed, but its for winter and that's it. 

1 hour ago, robbennett said:

See if you can get some smaller wheels for one axle on the trailer and deflate them a little. Use the lowest drop hitch you can without dragging the ground. 

I do what rob suggests or if you don't have an incline issue, push the boat in by hand with the tongue as low as possible.  I do this and I can fit an 8'4" in a ~8' garage.  Waaaaaay better than taking everything apart.  

With smaller tires and a low hitch, you should be able to make it.  Good luck!

3 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

I do what rob suggests or if you don't have an incline issue, push the boat in by hand with the tongue as low as possible.  I do this and I can fit an 8'4" in a ~8' garage.  Waaaaaay better than taking everything apart.  

With smaller tires and a low hitch, you should be able to make it.  Good luck!

I thought the hubs locked up when boat wasn't connected. 

6 hours ago, RudyMuller said:

thanks

It just bolts through the top deck with probably 6 or so studs. I think it’s 7/16” wrench/socket. Then obviously the strut that supports it at the dash.

Edited by boardjnky4
ahopkins22LSV
9 hours ago, RudyMuller said:

Pushing with flat tires is gonna be tough. 

I think people are suggesting having the jack as low as it will go and see if if that will fit while pushing the boat in without deflating the tires. 

Does your boat trailer have adjustable axle arms?  I got about 4 inches this year by lowering my arms  on my trailer.  

I think you need to lower the tower, back it up to the garage and see how many inches you actually need.  Lowering the tongue won't give you 5-6 inches.  No way

1 hour ago, bamaboy said:

Does your boat trailer have adjustable axle arms?  I got about 4 inches this year by lowering my arms  on my trailer.  

I think you need to lower the tower, back it up to the garage and see how many inches you actually need.  Lowering the tongue won't give you 5-6 inches.  No way

I don't think it has adjustable axle arms. 

IMG_7553.JPG

1 minute ago, onwi said:

Where are you located?  Sounds like way more work and potential wear and tear on the boat than is worth not paying for off-site storage over the winter. 

Don't give in to the haters.  You can DO IT!!!!

I rolled a G23 into a barn on steel rims despite the constant barrage of hating from my boys!  

Take another pic of the axle but from the outside of the wheel