Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tachometer

Help needed. Question, I have an 05 Response with a 340HP monsoon motor with perfect pass. When the motor is a idle speed doesn't seem to be racing. but Tachometer is reading high, 1500Rpm. As well when cruising at around 30mph tachometer is reading 4000-5000rpm. 
How do I fix or adjust the gauge. 

• 3 weeks later...

If it ends up being the gauge, I have a spare gauge that I took out of my '05 LXi.  I'd be willing to sell it for less than Great Lakes Skipper.  It is in working condition and was only used for two seasons.  I took this gauge out of the dash when I got perfect pass.  Let me know if interested.

On 10/16/2017 at 11:58 PM, VicR said:

Help needed. Question, I have an 05 Response with a 340HP monsoon motor with perfect pass. When the motor is a idle speed doesn't seem to be racing. but Tachometer is reading high, 1500Rpm. As well when cruising at around 30mph tachometer is reading 4000-5000rpm. 
How do I fix or adjust the gauge. 

Hi, Any luck resolving this issue? I have pretty much the same set up and my tacho has just started behaving the same way as yours. This did happen a few years ago and seemed to heal itself but has just started again.

my multi-gauge was sick.

in 2010 i wrote  "tore the display apart and i'm pretty sure that the problem is pretty simple.

there are two large (#10 or so) brass 't' bolts that protrude from the rear of the display.

the 't' end of the bolts provide an electrical connection to the printed circuit board.

the connection looked pretty crudy so i soldered the bolts to the pc board.

delayed reporting this until i could test the results.

works like a champ (so far)."

it's been bulletproof since.