Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 T22 Build

Raimie

22 hours ago, teamerickson said:

What option are you thinking about?

CS Cover and Bimini

Base motor, not sure what prop yet...hoping to have some feedback from the crew before I order

SP1 plus a few upgrades to add the bow speakers and sub. Not sure exactly what is included in SP1 yet.

White tower

Surf Pipe, Surfgates, Power Wedge II

Spinner Racks

3 outlet heater

SeaDeck

Ski Pylon

Depth finder

2nd battery

Entry Ladder

Cleats

Trailer: Alloy wheels, spare tire

Things I am not sure on yet...

1. Elite shield coating on trailer or possibly galvanized with elite shield. Want more info on this and hopefully some feedback from crew members.

2. Soft grip on top deck. I wish I could get gray instead of black. I think black is the only option. Not sure how that will look on the white hull.

3. ChillAx option - torn on this. Not sure if we would really use it much. I do not plan on getting the seat backs for the rear slider at this time. Crew talked me out of this

4. Cleats - I very rarely dock anywhere but on my hoist. The 2 or 3 times I needed to tie to a dock, the tower and rear eyelet worked fine to tie off from. Crew talked me into this

5. Battery switch - not sure I understand the battery options. Does the switch come with the 2nd battery or is that an additional option? My 14 only had one battery and I never had any issues with it.

6. SS Cupholders - willing to pass to work towards my budget

7. Tower Quick release latch - I only lower the tower for winter, willing to pass for budget

8. There are 2 bimini options, one with rope storage and one with surf & rope storage. I want to see these to get a better idea of the difference...and hear what people have to say about them...

9. hydraulic steering option - Anderson24 has it and likes it

Edited by Raimie
  • Like 1

I cant believe two batteries is an option and not standard?  oh well. I would imagine the battery switch comes when you upgrade to two otherwise not sure how you would switch between them.

Yeah skip the cupholders and just buy some on Amazon, $16 for four. :)

https://smile.amazon.com/Amarine-made-Stainless-Holder-Marine-Camper/dp/B0097MF4DU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505223644&sr=8-1&keywords=stainless+steel+cup+holders+for+boats

Congrats on the sale and new boat!

Get the extra step on the trailer.... these boats are very tall. I had to buy a step ladder to get into my T23. 

Get the cleats. You never know when you might need them and resale value.

i have the Bimini with rope and board storage and I like it. 

Jon

• Like 1

You might look at sp2, probably cheaper in the long run over adding sub, speakers and amps after the fact. I thought the price difference between them was only $900. Plus you get towers. How much do the standard swivel racks cost? I just spec'd an a24 with clamps so trying to figure out the price difference... does t22 have 2 heater options? Skip the top deck and order direct from gator step, that way you can get the colors you want. 

5 hours ago, Raimie said:

4. Cleats - I very rarely dock anywhere but on my hoist. The 2 or 3 times I needed to tie to a dock, the tower and rear eyelet worked fine to tie off from.

Like others have said, get the cleats. If you don't get them, there is a flat spot on the hull where they should be. It's obvious that something is missing and it looks funny. I noticed it on a 2018 A24 that didn't have the 3rd set of cleats at the bow...and I thought it looked so out of place.

Get them for looks. And get them for re-sale.

1 minute ago, Pnwrider said:

You might look at sp2, probably cheaper in the long run over adding sub, speakers and amps after the fact. I thought the price difference between them was only $900. Plus you get towers. How much do the standard swivel racks cost? I just spec'd an a24 with clamps so trying to figure out the price difference... does t22 have 2 heater options? Skip the top deck and order direct from gator step, that way you can get the colors you want. 

SP2 MSRP: 3649

SP1 MSRP: 972

Plus, tower speakers are out for us. 6'5" husband hates them because he hits his head. I'm not looking for a big banging sound, just a slight upgrade from the SP1 I had in the 14. I should have just added the 2 bow speakers myself on the 14 and it would have made a big difference.

MSRP on a single swivel is $624, if you upgrade to PTM racks, the MSRP jumps to $1833 per rack. Trust me, I would LOVE the PTMs, but I just can't justify an additional $2400 for racks...

In talking with @Anderson24 the boats come with some top deck pieces applied from the factory. (Over the vents). I am looking for more info on this to determine if I can order without that so there are no issues with matching. (When I order the gatorstep I want, I could just get those pieces as well)

There is a 2 outlet and a 3 outlet option. I had a 4 that I put in on my 14. I am asking the dealer if its possible to get a 4 outlet heater on the 18 even though its not listed as an option on the build sheet. (the ladder isn't either)

@Agman I agree the boats are a pain to get in when on the trailer, but since I will have the swim step ladder, I am skipping trailer steps... unless I come in under budget (ya right :lol:) then that might be something I add in.

3 minutes ago, Anderson24 said:

Like others have said, get the cleats. If you don't get them, there is a flat spot on the hull where they should be. It's obvious that something is missing and it looks funny. I noticed it on a 2018 A24 that didn't have the 3rd set of cleats at the bow...and I thought it looked so out of place.

Get them for looks. And get them for re-sale.

Thanks, that helps make the decision for sure. My 14 looked very clean without them, I don't want to skip it and have the flat areas you are talking about.

1 minute ago, Raimie said:

Thanks, that helps make the decision for sure. My 14 looked very clean without them, I don't want to skip it and have the flat areas you are talking about.

Let me check my boat to see if there are flat spots. I know the A24 there was so I assumed the same for T22. I don't want to be wrong on that.

What's the opinion on the 17 vs 18 t22?  Is the extra cost worth the bigger hull & power wedge?  Torn on whether I want this 17 or not.  Lots of things my MB has Axis doesn't like reversible pumps, GSA is adjustable unlike surf gate, I have more ballast, etc.  Wondering if waiting out a demo 18 next year is smarter.

19 minutes ago, racer808 said:

What's the opinion on the 17 vs 18 t22?  Is the extra cost worth the bigger hull & power wedge?  Torn on whether I want this 17 or not.  Lots of things my MB has Axis doesn't like reversible pumps, GSA is adjustable unlike surf gate, I have more ballast, etc.  Wondering if waiting out a demo 18 next year is smarter.

For me the only major difference between a 17 and my 14 was the tower. Going to the 18 with power wedge made it worth it to me. I have not demoed one yet, but will as soon as my dealer gets one in.