Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard ballast setup for 2017 23 LSV?

bm11

Well, I already started a post about surfing ballast setup, so I figured I'd post about wakeboarding as well as that we my original purpose for buying this boat. Above and beyond the factory presets, what do you guys do? I have 750 PnP's in the back and just ordered a 1000 for the bow. Curious to hear what setups work best.

Thanks,

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I run all hard tanks full (100%) and no wedge and my wake is very large. I ride at 22.5mph, with a 75' rope line and find that the wake is large enough to throw big back rolls, big tantrums and whatever spin you would like. Of course the wedge makes the wake bigger but I dont need it. Im not a pro and id rather save the gas and lower the RPMS while riding. 

For advanced riders I will run hard tanks full wedge 2-3 clicks, rear bags 20%ish full and put a couple people in the bow.  Wake is clean at 21+ with this setup.  My son rides at 21.5 with this setup and it is a pretty solid wake.  One thing I have noticed with Bu's when you start towing riders 23+ you need to add more weight because the wake will become smaller.  Optimum wakeboard speed for above recipe is 21.5-23mph.

• Like 1