Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Norris trip- best route

macdaddy

Hey crew,. Heading to Norris lake in a few weeks.  I am 2 hours north of cincy.  With all the construction... T

what is the best way to get through cincy?  275 outer belt?  Thanks

I'm 2 hours north as well...are you in columbus?

Anyways I make the trip about every other week and always go 275 east, slows down at the ramps but usually flows fine once on 275. 

When are you going? We'll be down 7/21-24, 8/4-8/6 and 8/18-8/21 then probably Labor Day weekend. 

depends how you are coming down really.  if you are on 71, take 275 east, if you are on 75, take 275 west to go around.

we'll be down on Norris 9/7 - 9/11

I am coming from st.marys Ohio....a hour north of Dayton.  I am thinking 275 east because of all the contruction downtown at the bridge.  I have heard it is shut down to one lane both direction. We will be at Shanghai August 10-13

Edited by macdaddy
On 7/15/2017 at 3:02 PM, macdaddy said:

I am coming from st.marys Ohio....a hour north of Dayton.  I am thinking 275 east because of all the contruction downtown at the bridge.  I have heard it is shut down to one lane both direction. We will be at Shanghai August 10-13

We come from Covington (Ohio).  I take 75 to Exit 1F (freeman Ave) to Linn Street to West 3rd steet to Clay Wade Bailey Bridge to 4th street to 75 South.  Sounds like a lot but its not bad, look at it on google maps.  Granted I am not pulling my boat but shouldnt be to bad and MUCH faster than going around on 275.  We take this route every weekend.  Alot of it depends on the time you go through Cincy.

If towing, take 275 east or west depending if you're on 71 or 75.  More importantly, avoid Friday afternoons.

During the week, try to hit 275 by 2pm.

if 275 east, and Waze shows traffic at the I71/75 exit, take Dixie Highway exit, which runs parallel to 275 and eliminates the merging traffic jams from 275 to I71/75

revised to Dixie Highway, my bad

Edited by lasik

you'll be coming down 75....i'd go 275 west, i'm convinced it's a shorter route and usually less traffic.  east seems to always back up for no apparent reasons. either direction on 275 will dump you onto 71/75 well south of the construction. 

Surprisingly, it's only a 3 mile difference.  43 to go west and 46 to go east.  time wise i think it's faster due to the less congested areas to the west versus the heavily populated montgomery, loveland, milford, and beehcmont to the east.  depending on when you come through, you will definitely not want to go east...essentially anytime after 3:30

On 7/15/2017 at 2:11 PM, That Guy said:

I'm 2 hours north as well...are you in columbus?

Anyways I make the trip about every other week and always go 275 east, slows down at the ramps but usually flows fine once on 275. 

When are you going? We'll be down 7/21-24, 8/4-8/6 and 8/18-8/21 then probably Labor Day weekend. 

I'm two hours north of you, ha. How long does it take you to get there. I'm toying with the idea for next summer.

Steve B.

On 7/21/2017 at 0:53 PM, Steve B. said:

I'm two hours north of you, ha. How long does it take you to get there. I'm toying with the idea for next summer.

Steve B.

Cool!  5 hours not towing, 6 hours towing.  We love it though, we don't even get out on the local lakes anymore.  Hit me up if you guys decide to go, maybe we can meet up.  

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Lets make it a party next year!  Going to try 275 west this time and see how it goes.  Thanks all for the input!!

We're in!