Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

cover

duckhunter1

1 hour ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

+1

fantastic cover

+100

Only problem is lead time. Get the cover ordered asap. Do u have something that will work for a few months?  If you need a cover yesterday you may not want to wait for an evo. 

You can borrow my old cover if u pay to ship it.  I think the shape is the same as your boat but the tower legs won't line up. Maybe someone w your tower can loan u an old cover.  

Evolution for sure, best covers I have ever owned. and yes current lead time is October as I spoke to Cory the other day. I am still a little blown away at the difference between the one you get with our $100,000 boats and an Evolution cover.

• Like 1

can evolution make a cover that wraps the swim platform like the "stock" cover does?  i'm not sold on what appears to be a flap that lays on the platform

22 minutes ago, anotherrunner83 said:

can evolution make a cover that wraps the swim platform like the "stock" cover does?  i'm not sold on what appears to be a flap that lays on the platform

Yes i have one!  He is also using a new material that "wicks" the heat away, so cover gets HOT but the platform itself is reasonably cool. 

20170312_164727_zpsxwdqqenx.jpg

2 hours ago, anotherrunner83 said:

Yep!

20131006_125003_zpsbhtadpok.jpg

do they make one that isn't a separate piece?  i like the simplicity of the factory cover that covers the platform and is integrated into the "main" cover.  not trying to be difficult here.... :)

10 minutes ago, anotherrunner83 said:

do they make one that isn't a separate piece?  i like the simplicity of the factory cover that covers the platform and is integrated into the "main" cover.  not trying to be difficult here.... :)

I highly doubt it as the Evo is designed to be towable.  This would not allow the cover to fit tight enough to tow cover on. 

On 7/14/2017 at 3:30 PM, duckhunter1 said:

any recommendations, mine tore up in a storm the other day

16 minutes ago, anotherrunner83 said:

What boat do you have? 

May or may not be a factory 18 cover that'll do just that

'06 wakesetter VLX....my original factory cover is pretty much acting only as a strainer at this point...from what i can tell anyway.

I have a brand new factory cover, still in the box and never opened, that I am willing to part with for $600 + shipping.  It fits a 2014 23LSV so I am not sure if it would work for your boat/tower or not.

appreciate the offer, but i would imagine it'd be quite difficult to hide the extra foot and a half of material and somehow make it fit the Titan 3 tower

On 7/14/2017 at 6:30 PM, duckhunter1 said:

any recommendations, mine tore up in a storm the other day

I have a brand new factory cover, still in the box and never opened, that I am willing to part with for $600 + shipping.  It fits a 2014 23LSV so I am not sure if it would work for your boat/tower or not.

On 7/20/2017 at 9:50 AM, DarkSide said:

Yes i have one!  He is also using a new material that "wicks" the heat away, so cover gets HOT but the platform itself is reasonably cool. 

20170312_164727_zpsxwdqqenx.jpg

Is your exhaust port connected to the trim tab? If so, is that some sort of FAE?

Yes, and yes. It has a water intake on the bottom and mixes the exhaust with water before forcing it out.   It disburses the exhaust through the holes on the edge, so it goes in multiple directions, this prevents the exhaust from concentrating, and interfering with wake/wave.

@mikeoI am getting ready to list that cover in the classifieds here on the crew site but wanted to give you first dibs if you are interested if it will work for your project.  Its brand new in the box, never been opened 2014 23LSV G3 tower.

Have a great Friday!