Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 and RI257 compare and contrast

DarkSide

22 minutes ago, isellacuras said:

Ya'll Malibu fan boys are like a couple snotty teenage beotches at lunch time. Cut the guy some slack for Pete's sake. It's not like he's changing the minds of others on the site with his input. It's crazy how butt hurt you guys get over his passive aggressiveness. Get over it. 

preach!

This site is so different than all the others, and you can chalk that up to the members on here. I had a centurion back in 05 and it was my first time joining a forum, centurion forum of course. In 2010 I bought my first Malibu and joined tmc, this site was so much better, usefull, informative and fun. How many of us have caught ourselves telling a story to a friend or wife and saying a friend of mine or buddy, referring to someone on tmc that we’ve never actually met. I never went back to the centurion site again after selling my centurion. 2 Malibu’s later I’m now back to a centurion and am part of the centurion site again. However I still read tmc everyday, I may not post as much anymore but still enjoy the members and the posts. This is what keeps all the non Malibu guys on this site and it really does give the best overall knowledge and discussion of the industry. That’s what makes this site so great, take all the non Malibu guys away and the discussion of other brands and you will have a boring forum with little content like the rest of sites. Of course everyone is going to think their boat is the best and be protective of their brand. That’s why they bought the boat because for them it’s the best boat on the water. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

This^

it is very much "a thing"......

surf style riders want a steeper longer wave, with a well defined lip to air off of.

skim style want a wider, less steep, more mound shaped wave, with good power, but less firmness to grab the board on spins and such....

both types of riders can work with the other style wave, but they are going to prefer the one that most suits their riding style. This is probably one of the biggest reasons for the polarity on wave opinions with different boats. (That, and everyone prefers what they are used to)

This is exactly what I was referring to by "Skim" wave.    The A24 created a very wide wave with a smooth transition, perfect for spins/drifts/surface tricks. The A24 was hands down the BEST boat there at this  type of shape.  Smooth, yet also powerful enough for a 350 pound rider.   Fantastic combination.   

2 hours ago, pauley71 said:

So I'll make an observation ... This is a thread comparing a Malibu to a Centurion.  To censor Malibu criticism would, in essence, nullify the any discussion.  After all, its comparing the pros and cons of each brand.  This seems like a thread where Centurion owners could provide their perspectives .. as long as it stays in this thread.  Otherwise you are getting all your input from Malibu owners (which is clearly biased).  

That said, if I'm having trouble dialing in my wave (a Malibu specific thread), I do NOT want to hear how nice a Centurion wave is, or how easy it is, or whatever.

- just a thought   

100% agree here.  

2 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Ya'll Malibu fan boys are like a couple snotty teenage beotches at lunch time. Cut the guy some slack for Pete's sake. It's not like he's changing the minds of others on the site with his input. It's crazy how butt hurt you guys get over his passive aggressiveness. Get over it. 

Nice ,  the Malibucrew can get over it for sure but do yourself a favor. Your numbers are a sign of respect don't tarnish it. :cheers: 

Edited by alpensurf23
29 minutes ago, alpensurf23 said:

Nice ,  the Malibucrew can get over it for sure but do yourself a favor. Your numbers are a sign of respect don't tarnish it. :cheers: 

I get it and i apologize. As tired as the fanboys get of dark and his alleged passive aggressive posts, i get tired of them jumping on him for even the slightest of off beat posts. Carry on. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, isellacuras said:

I get it and i apologize. As tired as the fanboys get of dark and his alleged passive aggressive posts, i get tired of them jumping on him for even the slightest of off beat posts. Carry on. 

Totally respect that brother and your numbers. :beer: Cheers!

Edited by alpensurf23
3 hours ago, DarkSide said:

This is exactly what I was referring to by "Skim" wave.    The A24 created a very wide wave with a smooth transition, perfect for spins/drifts/surface tricks. The A24 was hands down the BEST boat there at this  type of shape.  Smooth, yet also powerful enough for a 350 pound rider.   Fantastic combination.   

OMG...you’re such a homer!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!

/sarcasm

9 minutes ago, buzzard said:

OMG...you’re such a homer!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!

/sarcasm

Good thing my A24 has plenty of seats looking like a big therapy group. Take a deep breath now @buzzard:beer:

Edited by alpensurf23
5 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Down right disrespectful..... I am appalled 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Beotches was meant to be derogatory, not fan boy. I am a fan boy too. I love my boat and i love Malibu's in general. It is also my opinion that Malibu has one of the worst surf waves out there compared to the competition. Malibu would be 4th or 5th on the list if i was looking for a SURF boat.  There i said it. Now, that being said, i will surf or wakeboard behind ANY boat. Heck, I'd even ski behind a G. 

Only crazy people do that. 

Was this board this nuts when the G came out?  Or was everybody in agreement that at the time it was the best wakeboard in the industry?  I laughed my a** off when it came out thinking who in their right mind would spend that on a boat, 2 weeks later there was one on my little lake and 2 years later thats the price for all boats and all other brands have found some way to try to copy the design/idea.  I like people pushing the industry, makes it better for everyone, and I like identifying excellence where applicable.  Moves things forward. 

4 hours ago, 05hammerhead said:

Was this board this nuts when the G came out?  Or was everybody in agreement that at the time it was the best wakeboard in the industry?  I laughed my a** off when it came out thinking who in their right mind would spend that on a boat, 2 weeks later there was one on my little lake and 2 years later thats the price for all boats and all other brands have found some way to try to copy the design/idea.  I like people pushing the industry, makes it better for everyone, and I like identifying excellence where applicable.  Moves things forward. 

A rising tide raises all ships. 

Just got off a chairlift ride today with a bunch of Bros compare and contrasting skis. Never been more stoked to have wireless headphones and reggae set list. One Love! :whistle:

• Like 3