Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil change Question 1995 Malibu Sunsetter

Hey all, 

I swear I searched, searched, and searched some more but couldn't find anything definitive for my engine. I have a 350 mercrusier mag and am about to buy Delo 400 LE/SDE SAE 15W-40 Motor Oil - 1 Gallon Jug for $12.57. If I should not use this oil please let me know! If I'm bad at interneting and am missing a solid post on oils for this engine please also let me know :).  I was planning on going to napa and asking them which filter I need. Is this the best bet, does anyone happen to know and I can just order on amazon? Thanks!

34772872453_2f4a825d40_b.jpg

If you don't know what filter you need then just look at the number on the one that is already on there ;)  It would be interesting to see the conversation with the parts monkey at Napa when you ask him for a filter for a 1995 Mercruiser tournament ski engine

2 hours ago, oldjeep said:

If you don't know what filter you need then just look at the number on the one that is already on there ;)  It would be interesting to see the conversation with the parts monkey at Napa when you ask him for a filter for a 1995 Mercruiser tournament ski engine

Genius^ :lol: 

Delo 400 LE is fine, ran it for years.  Napa carries Rotella T 15W40, which is what my engine builder recommended to me and I'm running now.

Oil filter is Napa Gold 1061.

I would hit that whole engine with a dusting of WD-40 and prevent additional corrosion.  Obviously, stay away from the belts and pulleys.

• Like 2

I have a 95 response with the 350 mag ski efi and I run a wix 51069 ( Napa 1069). This filter is about and inch taller than the factory filter and the 51061 (Napa 1061) ads another inch. The engine takes 5.5 qts and I run 15w40. Oil brand arguments can go on for decades but I run supertec 15w40. I have run it in multiple engines (diesel and gas) for years without issue. Normally about $10/gal at Walmart so go ahead and get 2 so you have some to top off for the rest of the summer.

Edited by Kmfish87
  • Like 1