Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurf holder on Bimini

JTombari

I have a 2016 20" Wakesetter VTX with a Wakesurf holding Bimini. The Bimini basically has 2 velco straps with clips. It will not hold onto my wakesurf without is slipping out. I have a 2014 Byerly Volt surf. Seems as though the Bimini needs a pocke of some sort to hold the surf or some way to stop the surfboard from simply sliding backwards & off the boat. It worls when going slow obviously but you vcan't cruise homw with it up there.

Any comments/ideas?

We had the same problem recently... At speed, going across the lake, we saw our Keen board go flying out and luckily retrieved it.

I am going to look at other Bimini options , or possibly adding some kind of pocket or strap.

On 6/24/2017 at 9:07 AM, JTombari said:

I have a 2016 20" Wakesetter VTX with a Wakesurf holding Bimini. The Bimini basically has 2 velco straps with clips. It will not hold onto my wakesurf without is slipping out. I have a 2014 Byerly Volt surf. Seems as though the Bimini needs a pocke of some sort to hold the surf or some way to stop the surfboard from simply sliding backwards & off the boat. It worls when going slow obviously but you vcan't cruise homw with it up there.

Any comments/ideas?

Just place the board with the fins facing forward, and make sure the strap is behind the fins.  Problem solved.  I've never had my board slip when strapped in this way. 

• Like 3

Or if you want to make them (hint Nick) sew Velcro on 4 corners of the bag, and hook them under the tower like I did. Easy to get at and out of the sun.

7 hours ago, surfdude said:

Or if you want to make them (hint Nick) sew Velcro on 4 corners of the bag, and hook them under the tower like I did. Easy to get at and out of the sun.

Do you have any pics of your setup?

Not any more. I will have to take another one. I used a inland surfer board bag. Sewed 4 loops on it, that line up with the front and rear G3 tower tubes. Then you just hook it to the tower tubes with Velcro rope savers.

Edited by surfdude
  • 1 year later...

We had this same issue, just lost a Doomswell Sparkplug yesterday. I strapped the board down as tight as it would allow but made the mistake of strapping it down with the fins back toward the stern. We had no clue where the board came out but it was fortunately turned in at a local ski shop.

Will mount the board fins toward the bow in the future. Don't see how the board could come out that way.