Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tribal delete

csparks13

I had my boat mechanic remove the old tribal decals and I ordered new Malibu decals (both sides and back) from Doomed numbers with black inset and chrome outline.  The black didn't come out as black as I wanted, but it still looks better then the original.  Next is to get the wheels black powder coated.  

IMG_2380.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG

IMG_2550.JPG

IMG_2551.JPG

Edited by Slaney
  • Like 2
52 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

Are you saying the black gel coat could be better? Try giving it a good cut polish and it should look like new.

I meant the black center of the new Malibu decals I ordered.  They are more light grey then black.  

1 hour ago, Slaney said:

I had my boat mechanic remove the old tribal decals and I ordered new Malibu decals (both sides and back) from Doomed numbers with black inset and chrome outline....

I was planning to place an order with them later this month for new graphics. 

Looks like I'm screwed.  :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Kojak said:

@Slaney  Did you use Ultra Black Metallic for the inset color?

Just black.  They looked more black in the packaging until my mechanic installed them and it was too late to return them.  I still love them more then the stock decals.  Next I'll order the registration numbers.

Edited by Slaney
14 minutes ago, Slaney said:

Just black.  They looked more black in the packaging until my mechanic installed them and it was too late to return them.  

I think it looks really good.  However, if it's not what you're wanting, you might reach out to Domed Numbers and see if they'd work with you on it.  Their customer service is top notch.  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Kojak said:

I think it looks really good.  However, if it's not what you're wanting, you might reach out to Domed Numbers and see if they'd work with you on it.  Their customer service is top notch.  

This.

• 2 weeks later...

How old are the boats you guys doing?  I am looking at a 2007 and want the plain classic look.  The hull is yellow, Would there be fading or will everything look the same???

17 minutes ago, MJO21 said:

How old are the boats you guys doing?  I am looking at a 2007 and want the plain classic look.  The hull is yellow, Would there be fading or will everything look the same???

More than likely there will be fading, the level of severity depends on how much UV exposure and quality of care and waxing it has seen over the years.  

1 hour ago, MJO21 said:

The hull on my boat is tan. I just removed the graphics from it and there's some fading. Once it warms up around here I plan to hit it with a buffer. Pretty sure it will buff out. 

• 1 month later...