Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tribal delete

csparks13

Looks great. I ended up wetsanding so I have way more than 5 hours in my tribal delete and it was worth every minute.  Did you save one of the malibus to put on your toolbox?

51 minutes ago, Gavin17 said:

Looks great. I ended up wetsanding so I have way more than 5 hours in my tribal delete and it was worth every minute.  Did you save one of the malibus to put on your toolbox?

Thanks! I have some random scratches so a good wet sanding might be a good idea. But I wasn't ready for that undertaking. I pulled one letter off and went to look for a space on my box and I didnt have any room for it. I should have made room for it. 

Edited by csparks13

Congrats on coming to this conclusion too. I'm really happy with my own results too. I started out like this:

oldbimini.jpg

CIMG0947.jpg

Ended up more like this:

IMG_20140710_192603352_zpsyktevf1g.jpg

20131006_125003_zpsbhtadpok.jpg

And this past winter I did this:

20170425_182133_zpsho5hwnfc.jpg

patrioticVride_zpspmbf7eqe.jpg

• Like 4

Nice! I did my tribal delete as well and am super stoked with how it came out. Trying to find the current generations "WakeSetter" oem decals to replace them with but geez, $600+ I just can't justify lol. 

10 hours ago, Chopz said:

Nice! I did my tribal delete as well and am super stoked with how it came out. Trying to find the current generations "WakeSetter" oem decals to replace them with but geez, $600+ I just can't justify lol. 

Someone has a set for sale in the for sale section. 

20 minutes ago, Roush611 said:

Someone has a set for sale in the for sale section. 

Yeah they're gone already. I messaged the op to try to figure out what dealership he purchased them from but haven't received a reply yet. His are oem marked at 150 a side. My local is at 278 per. 

Domednumbers.com will make you almost anything if you email them.

I also did the tribal delete this spring.  No photos and I think I'm going to run naked until I decide on which generation of "new" bu stickers are going to look right.  

Domednumbers got bought out by Malibu for the newer designs, and as such won't make them and just route you to the dealerships for them unfortunately. Great for them, sucks for us lol. 

19 minutes ago, Chopz said:

Domednumbers got bought out by Malibu for the newer designs, and as such won't make them and just route you to the dealerships for them unfortunately. Great for them, sucks for us lol. 

Suddenly I see a market demand for a new company. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, mlange said:

Next time around remove your decals with one of these.  Saves a ton of time and won't hurt the gel coat.

I used one of these 3M eraser wheels to remove the 23 yr old decals off an old Kawasaki Jetski. I tried heat & the plastic razor blades but the decals came off in small flakes & left all the adhesive on the gelcoat. But the eraser wheel removed it pretty quickly & a LOT easier, leaving NO adhesive behind. 

But the Malibu was only 5 or 6 years old when I removed the decals. They came off in sheets using only a little heat from the sun or a heat gun. Most of the adhesive came up with it. And I was able to dab at the leftover adhesive with the old decal to get almost everything off. Then I wiped it down with Goo Gone to finish it off.

3 minutes ago, Levi900RR said:

I love the naked look. So classy... 

I agree.  The plainer the boat, the less likely it will end up looking dated in a few years.

31 minutes ago, Levi900RR said:

I love the naked look. So classy... 

We still talkin about boats?    ;)

1 hour ago, Falko said:

What do you put those eraser wheels on?

Electric drill

• Like 2

Well, tried to post a screenshot of their reply but I don't know how to post pictures lol. Anyways, they said that they will do a custom order to replicate them and they will do it in any color combination. Obviously the actual Malibu logos they are doing are plastic and aluminum, but the ones they will make to duplicate will just be the vynil with a resin overlay.  

9 hours ago, Chopz said:

Well, tried to post a screenshot of their reply but I don't know how to post pictures lol. Anyways, they said that they will do a custom order to replicate them and they will do it in any color combination. Obviously the actual Malibu logos they are doing are plastic and aluminum, but the ones they will make to duplicate will just be the vynil with a resin overlay.  

Oh that should be great after a year or so of tieing up to docks & sliding by trailer guide poles. :Doh:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
On 6/28/2017 at 9:00 PM, Bill_AirJunky said:

Oh that should be great after a year or so of tieing up to docks & sliding by trailer guide poles. :Doh:

What sort of docks are you tying up to?  In 17 years of ownership, the Malibu side decals on our boat have never touched a dock or a trailer guide pole.  That's what the rub rail is for.