Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 T22 Ordered

Anderson24

6 minutes ago, Anderson24 said:

Well, I pulled the trigger his morning on a 2018 T22. Huge thanks to @NAW and @Dan Lee at Boulder Boats. Anyone looking to buy a boat in the AZ or NV region need to look here first. They have treated me so well since I bought my '15 T22 from them years ago. And glad to be a customer for a second time. Honestly, wasn't looking at getting a new boat at all, but when I heard there was a new T22, I had to investigate. 

I can confirm a new hull, and gel scheme for the T22. 3-piece design like the A22. And now you can get Power Wedge 2 with lift mode. Boat is about 500 pounds heavier than previous design. New interior, with firmer interior foam. I am sure I am missing something, but those are the best new features. Also a new color, like a red wine metal flake color, not sure what it is called. Very burgundy looking. I went with my same color scheme, charcoal hull and blue metal flake. Hoping to have delivery late August.

You guys will give me a hard time, but I don't have pictures to post. If you're curious go to your dealer to see what it looks like. Shortly I will get my hands on renderings and post them up. 

Congrats. @NAW, @Dan Lee, Lucas, etc. are some the best dudes in the Marine Industry... Can't wait to see how it turns out!

19 minutes ago, bamabonners said:

so, does mean you are without a boat until late august?  How does this work...trade in the current one?

Correct. Traded in current one as to get the best price (apparently selling like hot cakes currently). I am hoping I get an invite every once in a while from @NAW or any of the other Boulder Boats guys in the mean time :dontknow:. Especially when his new LSV arrives next month (I cannot confirm or deny that last statement). I could have used it for the summer and then traded it in, but would probably cost me a couple grand extra by the time it's said and done. I have enough patience to wait it out...especially cause we don't have a boating "season" here in AZ...it's year round!

• Like 2

Awesome. I'm assuming you ordered the PW2 option?  Any comment on approximate price increase from your '15? Percentage is fine if you don't to spill the numbers. Can't wait to see it!

20 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Awesome. I'm assuming you ordered the PW2 option?  Any comment on approximate price increase from your '15? Percentage is fine if you don't to spill the numbers. Can't wait to see it!

Yea I got PW2. 

Base went up approx 22% from '15 to '18 according to my numbers (that could be wrong if I don't have proper base numbers). 

And between the two boats I ordered it went up 23% between those years (based upon what I actually paid). 

Both are pretty heavily optioned. Sound pack 3, etc.  but no engine upgrade (other than new standard is 409 vs my 350)

PTM clamping racks are now available (not sure if those were available for '17?). But I did not order. $3400 makes me pucker up a bit. And I'm in an Axis for pete's sake, I don't feel worthy enough to have those unless I am in a Malibu. 

4 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Congrats John,

I go most Monday mornings if you ever want to surf.   I know you prefer the softer malibu style wave, but the offer is always there.   

Joe

Thanks Joe! I will probably take the offer up! I'm sure I could come to love the firmness of your beastly wave if I was on it as much as surf gate waves. Or if I actually knew how to ride. Either way thanks for the offer!

Congrats!  I thought maybe Axis would get power wedge but PW2 would still be reserved for Malibu.   I think this will be big for Axis.  

• Like 2

Not sure if it is to late to delay the trade but a couple of grand is probably as cheap as you will get to own a newer boat through the summer season.

2 minutes ago, Sailvi767 said:

Not sure if it is to late to delay the trade but a couple of grand is probably as cheap as you will get to own a newer boat through the summer season.

Yea but I'm traveling for about 4 of those weeks on vacation. And 120 degrees here next week (which really isn't too fun out on the lake). So we are talking about 4 weeks that I will even be home to use it, for $2500. I thought about it...but just not worth it for me. Again, the 12 months of riding out here have its advantages. It'd be different if I had a 3-4 month season like a lot of people have. 

2 hours ago, Anderson24 said:

Yea I got PW2. 

Base went up approx 22% from '15 to '18 according to my numbers (that could be wrong if I don't have proper base numbers). 

And between the two boats I ordered it went up 23% between those years (based upon what I actually paid). 

Both are pretty heavily optioned. Sound pack 3, etc.  but no engine upgrade (other than new standard is 409 vs my 350)

PTM clamping racks are now available (not sure if those were available for '17?). But I did not order. $3400 makes me pucker up a bit. And I'm in an Axis for pete's sake, I don't feel worthy enough to have those unless I am in a Malibu. 

No comments on this yet?  I had a 2015 T22 very well optioned as well.  Up 22% in 3 years???!!!! 

Wow

Just now, bamabonners said:

No comments on this yet?  I had a 2015 T22 very well optioned as well.  Up 22% in 3 years???!!!! 

Wow

I guess it's not as bad when you talk dollars. Maybe up $3500 per year? That's about what it pencils out to. And from 15 to 18 you get a 5 year vs 1 year warranty. And base 409 vs base 350. Add in inflation and rising cost of goods, doesn't seem too terrible. 

I am pretty sure my '15 will sell pretty darn close to what I paid for it, thanks to the rising prices. It's a double edged sword I guess.  

Not trying to derail your thread at all.  Congrats on the new boat.   I'm just in sticker shock at all the new boats, from all brands.

Perspective from a buddy who sold boats:  in 10 years of axis, they have doubled in price...  

Edited by bamabonners
  • Like 1

No worries. I totally get what you're saying. That why I could never be in a Malibu (as much as I want to be!). Those prices are crazy to me. 

My 2014 Tundra was north of 50k when bought new. I remember my first Tundra (05) was just under 30k. It's across a lot of industries. 

I will say, however, that our family runs an express car wash. And we have a $4.99 basic wash. And we've kept that price since 2009 when we first opened. If I were to raise my prices, customers would throw a fit! It's crazy how industries can be so different. 

All this talk makes me think about the Rule of 72. If prices are rising at 7% every year, it will take 10 years for prices to double. 

Edited by Anderson24
51 minutes ago, Anderson24 said:

How many do I have to order in order to have a scheme named after myself? I am pretty sure the factory knows what the IXFE scheme is. Maybe in like 15 years there will be an ANDERSON24 scheme mentioned around here. I really want to speak in the third person. 

Your only on the second punch on your card, you dont even get jack's personal number until around 5....

• Like 3

I designed and was going to order a 2017 that was nearly the same color scheme as my first Malibu.  I ended up taking one from the floor with 2 of the 3 colors as my boat before.

12 hours ago, Anderson24 said:

Yea but I'm traveling for about 4 of those weeks on vacation. And 120 degrees here next week (which really isn't too fun out on the lake). So we are talking about 4 weeks that I will even be home to use it, for $2500. I thought about it...but just not worth it for me. Again, the 12 months of riding out here have its advantages. It'd be different if I had a 3-4 month season like a lot of people have. 

In your case it makes sense. I often see people defer buying to get a better deal in the fall and miss a season. That rarely makes sense on a cost basis.

12 hours ago, bamabonners said:

Not trying to derail your thread at all.  Congrats on the new boat.   I'm just in sticker shock at all the new boats, from all brands.

Perspective from a buddy who sold boats:  in 10 years of axis, they have doubled in price...  

You can either play the rule of 72 game(google it)& realize that doubling price in 10 years isn't so far out because 1/2 of that is typical for  the boating industry price increases.  Then look at a 2009 Axis & then see all of the improvements in engines, requirements for catalytic converters & emissions, changes in props, ballast systems, better vinyls, deeper & redesigned boats across the board, more standard features, improved canvas, towers, rubrails, warranty etc & see that Axis still delivers a value, they just recognize the best value doesn't only come from the price.  The public loves the goodies they are offering.  Most boats have doubled in a 10 year time, some haven't evolved nearly as much as wakeboard & surf boats.

Then again, I'd love to replace my 64GB iphone 6s with a 256 GB iphone 7 but I'd get clobbered on my trade in value & know it will cost more from what I have vs what I would get.  The new phones have doubled in price over what I paid 10 years ago.  I miss the good ol days of the Nokia 3210 where my battery lasted a week, I'd play "Snake" to kill time & the only "storage full" warning I would get was not having more info that my last 8 dialed, missed or received calls.  I think boats & phones have changed in very similar patterns.