Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 T22 Ordered

Anderson24

Just here to add my two cents. 1) Congrats on the new boat! 2) I will back up the Boulder Boats sentiment. They were awesome and I hope to see many years of business with them. Lucas put up with a lot of sh** with my indecisiveness. In the end I bought the MXZ and admittedly have no idea how to use it properly yet! Lucas and Boulder Boats even went out of their way and introduced me to a reasonable storage facility close to the lake.  

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
Just now, bottlefedsi said:

Does the wake view seat slide out now?  It sure looks that way from the pic. 

Awesome looking boat by the way.

Yep, it's on a track. And there are removable back rests as an option too. 

And thank you. 

Just now, Anderson24 said:

And thank you. 

WOW that is awesome, I hated my 16 A22 wake view seat, it was more of a table for snacks that watching any surfing LOL

2 hours ago, Anderson24 said:

And thank you. 

How far does the track travel?  Enough to get you under the Bimini?   The center slide seat is one of the most popular seats on my boat. 

3 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

How far does the track travel?  Enough to get you under the Bimini?   The center slide seat is one of the most popular seats on my boat. 

We will find out. I am reinstalling my z5 Bimini on it since it is not offered on the 18's as an option. I've got to imagine it will be covered by my Bimini. Unsure of the stock Bimini. 

3 hours ago, saxton15 said:

No sea dek on the rear benches?

Boat looks awesome, congrats!

Pretty sure there is soft grip in those locations. Just not showing on renderings. 

2 hours ago, teamerickson said:

How about some prices on power wedge 2, wakeview seat, etc? :)

Malibu pricing $3100 for PW2

pretty sure the sliding rear bench is standard. The seat backs were a late option addition after I ordered my boat. I was able to get them added, but don't know the cost (yet). 

2 hours ago, Anderson24 said:

Pretty sure there is soft grip in those locations. Just not showing on renderings. 

Malibu pricing $3100 for PW2

pretty sure the sliding rear bench is standard. The seat backs were a late option addition after I ordered my boat. I was able to get them added, but don't know the cost (yet). 

You soon will.....

9 hours ago, Anderson24 said:

And thank you. 

What are the rear sliding seat seatbacks called on your build sheet? I have an 18' A24 on order and want to make sure I have the seatbacks if they are an option. I have the Chillax seat option purchased (which is now close to $1k option) so hopefully they are included in that option. I didn't see another separate option for those removable seatbacks. (I know the Centurions require you to buy them separately). 

P.S awesome looking colors and lines on your new T22! 

3 hours ago, saxton15 said:

*Cough* @208, care to share some details on the new A24? 

@saxton15 I wish I had more details on it. I only know what has been mentioned on here and the axis forums. 

17" prop, 2:1 trans, deeper, heavier-5200lbs dry, power wedge2, soft grip flooring available from the factory, rear sliding bench seat, new glove box, looks like the helm has been redesigned (maybe it's just the renderings), no 555sc available-only 409 or 450, clamping board racks available, gel lines look like current 17' A22's, more factory ballast.

I will hopefully have the boat in a little over a week. I'll try to get my renderings loaded later when I get them saved from the PDF I have. 

Trying to get a hold of my dealer to get the seatbacks added, as that is a super nice option for that rear seat. I think it's totally acceptable to shamelessly copy success in any industry! (Thank you Centurion)

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, BamaA24 said:

@208 when did you order your A24?

My dealer had one of the first slots when they opened the portal. It was getting sprayed on 7/20. 

• Like 1

I was at the factory on 7/18 and saw an A24.  Its awesome you are going to love that boat.  I didn't see a t22 in person, but those are my top two choices for my 2018 boat. Sliding seats and flat glovebox are huge pluses! 

9 hours ago, 208 said:

What are the rear sliding seat seatbacks called on your build sheet? I have an 18' A24 on order and want to make sure I have the seatbacks if they are an option. I have the Chillax seat option purchased (which is now close to $1k option) so hopefully they are included in that option. I didn't see another separate option for those removable seatbacks. (I know the Centurions require you to buy them separately). 

P.S awesome looking colors and lines on your new T22! 

They were not on the build sheet when I ordered (and I don't have the updated build sheet). I still don't know the cost, but when I stopped in the other day at the dealer, I found out it was a late addition as an option (so I placed a change order). It's one of those things I am hoping is fairly cheap, but if it is expensive I will end up wanting it anyways because I think it is a super nice feature.