Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

17 22MZX PORPOISE PROBLEM ANY IDEAS??

bottlefedsi

8 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

Nope this is my fourth,and even if was my first, would still be the same, same lack of QC, and all vehicles with closed loop and race street bikes, aka crotch rockets, racing dirtbikes, racing four wheelers, Its all the same, you get air in system it overheats, now on traditional closed loop not reverse flow. It's not as bad. But reverse flow, it shows up quickly. 

I never said it wouldn't overheat.  Of course it will overheat. And did factory "miss" that systems weren't fully bled.  Absolutely.   It's fixed now.   Don't see how that translates to conclusion factory is lacking qc

15 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

Now your showing your clueless, factory installs Bimini on G4 tower. Try again 

fuel fill vent Tee. 

We love the boat just wish it had actually been put together better.  And I wouldn't expect you to understand exhaust issue. 

Ha!  Great dig.   Yep I've picked up nothing from rebuilding multiple boats and engine swaps.  I'm an idiot.  

5 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

I never said it wouldn't overheat.  Of course it will overheat. And did factory "miss" that systems weren't fully bled.  Absolutely.   It's fixed now.   Don't see how that translates to conclusion factory is lacking qc

If factory ran boat up to temp, would it not have sucked overflow bottle dry?? Of course it reflects on their QC. 

7 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

The G4 slider Bimini, with pistol slider. And yes I had a thread on it, and yes several guys here fixed theirs also.  Was more than just mine. 

If it's the one with pull knobs, unless you were there when boat was uncovered, I'm still sticking with dealers mount biminis.   That's for shrink wrapping reasons.  The Bimini brackets might have been installed but dealer mounts it.  Bimini gets taped to the tower for transport.  I know that because I've installed countless on new boats.  So, a mount issue should have been discovered at the time Bimini is mounted which is not done at the factory.  Admittedly that's for G3.5 but it shouldn't matter because you can't pack up the boat for transport with Bimini installed.  

1 minute ago, Bawshogg said:

Malibu is teflon bro... nothing sticks . 

Learn your lesson and move on @spikew919

Actually I acknowledged twice now that should not have happened.  But I also think the buck stops with a dealer at delivery.  

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

If it's the one with pull knobs, unless you were there when boat was uncovered, I'm still sticking with dealers mount biminis.   That's for shrink wrapping reasons.  The Bimini brackets might have been installed but dealer mounts it.  Bimini gets taped to the tower for transport.  I know that because I've installed countless on new boats.  So, a mount issue should have been discovered at the time Bimini is mounted which is not done at the factory.  Admittedly that's for G3.5 but it shouldn't matter because you can't pack up the boat for transport with Bimini installed.  

You are wrong. G4 Bimini brackets and Bimini are factory installed, they are shippers turned down and tower lowered. Then boat is shrink wrapped. 

see this thread. 

7 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Actually I acknowledged twice now that should not have happened.  But I also think the buck stops with a dealer at delivery.  

What about when you pick up ar the factory and no dealer ever lays hands on it?

15 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Ha!  Great dig.   Yep I've picked up nothing from rebuilding multiple boats and engine swaps.  I'm an idiot.  

Then you should know this in this picture is out of alignment. The rubber that goes is second pic, burnt rubber due to not properly aligning exhaust when installing engine. And burnt through in 30 hrs. But I guess dealer should have caught that. 

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bawshogg said:

What about when you pick up ar the factory and no dealer ever lays hands on it?

Well, I don't know who does that but I don't expect Malibu to change protocol for one customer.  There's a lot of prep.  As you know. 

6 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

Then you should know this in this picture is out of alignment. The rubber that goes is second pic, burnt rubber due to not properly aligning exhaust when installing engine. And burnt through in 30 hrs. But I guess dealer should have caught that. 

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

Looks like a burnt hose to me.  Didn't your engine get hot?  I don't see how that picture suggests exhaust temps were increased by that alignment of rubber hoses and muffler?   I thought you said something about a loose clamp?

sorry I'm on my phone or id look

6 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Looks like a burnt hose to me.  Didn't your engine get hot?  I don't see how that picture suggests exhaust temps were increased by that alignment of rubber hoses and muffler?   I thought you said something about a loose clamp?

sorry I'm on my phone or id look

The hose could not hold it aligned. The exhaust gas should never be striking the rubber directly. But due to misalignment, which was obvious looking at it with naked eye due to bulge in rubber, so gas was hitting at bulge and bouncing off and going down till burnt through.  When properly aligned the gas is inside the metal pipe from cat, to y pipe. Make sense? Engine never got hot. 

28 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

Spike, 

Get out now. Sell that turd and get something else. Life is too short. I don't care how friendly your dealer is or how Malibu makes you feel good on the phone. More than 3 data points makes a trend.

Edited by Tims
2 minutes ago, Tims said:

Spike, 

Get out now. Sell that turd and get something else. Life is too short

We all love the boat and surf wave too much and I'm in too deep, got too many hours fixing all the issues myself, and too many busted knuckles and fiberglass splinters too lookback now. It's got to level out eventually.  Hope trailer bunks fix my trailer issues. Which I'm sure the will stop hull damage. Just not sure trailer is not overloaded. We shalll see. Seems they ordered them Tuesday and shipping to me so we shall see. 

2 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

There's a lot of prep.  As you know. 

I have always got a kick out of that....... this HUGE prep that dealers have to do. I worked out a deal with my dealers and have prepped my last several boats myself. I skip the $2000ish charge and just do the water test quick with somebody from the dealership when I am finished.

To be fair, I haven't done a Malibu prep myself. Only MC and Nautique. That said, the longest it ever took me was about 3 hours. 1 hour to mount the bimini and platform, and 2 hours to check electrical and hose connections, operation of features, proper assembly of components, clean, install carpet if needed, and water test. The process is as simple as it comes.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, spikew919 said:

We all love the boat and surf wave too much and I'm in too deep, got too many hours fixing all the issues myself, and too many busted knuckles and fiberglass splinters too lookback now. It's got to level out eventually.  Hope trailer bunks fix my trailer issues. Which I'm sure the will stop hull damage. Just not sure trailer is not overloaded. We shalll see. Seems they ordered them Tuesday and shipping to me so we shall see. 

I hear ya. Been in your shoes and hope you get it straightened out. Sad to hear that it seems to be the same QC complaints over and over. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

I have always got a kick out of that....... this HUGE prep that dealers have to do. I worked out a deal with my dealers and have prepped my last several boats myself. I skip the $2000ish charge and just do the water test quick with somebody from the dealership when I am finished.

To be fair, I haven't done a Malibu prep myself. Only MC and Nautique. That said, the longest it ever took me was about 3 hours. 1 hour to mount the bimini and platform, and 2 hours to check electrical and hose connections, operation of features, proper assembly of components, clean, install carpet if needed, and water test. The process is as simple as it comes.

I will do this next time. Smart man. 

• Like 2
On 7/21/2017 at 10:21 AM, wakerider107 said:

It's a good thing that they are standing behind the warranty, it's just strange that there seem to be quite a few boats sent back to the factory because there are issues that the dealership can't take care of. I haven't seen this with Nautique or MC at all, in my experience at least.

Manufacturers typically offer dealerships discounts/reimbursments for demo boats registered with the manufacturer.

MC had (past tense) someone they sent out constantly to fix issues. I know him personally.

On 7/21/2017 at 5:54 PM, 85 Barefoot said:

Correct the dealers mount the biminis.

On 7/21/2017 at 6:03 PM, spikew919 said:

You are wrong. G4 Bimini brackets and Bimini are factory installed, they are shippers turned down and tower lowered. Then boat is shrink wrapped. 

see this thread. 

Actually, you are incorrect. If you would like I am sure I could get one of my contacts to take as many pictures as you would like to see.

7 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

MC had (past tense) someone they sent out constantly to fix issues. I know him personally.

Correct the dealers mount the biminis.

Actually, you are incorrect. If you would like I am sure I could get one of my contacts to take as many pictures as you would like to see.

Let's beat this dead horse. I'm not incorrect. But come on with the pics.  

This is pic right after dealer took off shrink wrap and raised tower, now just from my angle I think I see the Bimini already mounted?  @23LSVOwner it may not look like that through Malibu goggles. Pull them off and take a second look. 

@Fman was your G4 backets dealer mounted or factory? 

IMG_4379.jpg

• Like 1

@spikew919 is 100% correct. The G4 bimini with the pistol bracket is installed at the factory. I have more proof...

This is a pic of my boat last year. It was a 2016 23 LSV with G4 tower.  I dug up this pic because I remember going down to AWS the day we unwrapped it. This pic was literally taken as we pulled back the plastic shipping cover. What do you see??

IMG_7457.PNG

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3