Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 Rumors?

jb 156

Any intel on anything new coming down the pike?  Wondering cause if my boat sells want to see if I want to wait for an early 2018 spray date or take an available 2017 spray date.

What I have heard is a 23 LSV redesign (no real intel but wondering if they are going to add a walkway like the MXZ) and also an A24 redesign.

anyone have any info it would be nice to know before I pull the trigger.  Would hate the same thing to happen to me like last time 2012 and then they came out with surfgate.  

2 hours ago, jb 156 said:

Any intel on anything new coming down the pike?  Wondering cause if my boat sells want to see if I want to wait for an early 2018 spray date or take an available 2017 spray date.

What I have heard is a 23 LSV redesign (no real intel but wondering if they are going to add a walkway like the MXZ) and also an A24 redesign.

anyone have any info it would be nice to know before I pull the trigger.  Would hate the same thing to happen to me like last time 2012 and then they came out with surfgate.  

The 18's will be available in 40 days that so...I beleive no walk through but a walkover pad like Supra. I believe you will see the first generation of Malibu marinized power plants and a new hull on the 23. I am waiting as well.

What is driving your purchasing a new one?

Edited by ConnollyCrew
15 minutes ago, ConnollyCrew said:

The 18's will be available in 40 days that so...I beleive no walk through but a walkover pad like Supra. I believe you will see the first generation of Malibu marinized power plants and a new hull on the 23. I am waiting as well.

What is driving your purchasing a new one?

I think 2019 is when Malibu said they will start using there own marinized engines. 

1 hour ago, boardjnky4 said:

There aren't anymore 2017 spray dates. The factory is already spraying 2018 boats.

That must mean dealers have the 2018 order forms and info on what is currently available. Still possible for options to be added as they are publicly announced. And of course, new models can be announced at any time.

Edited by jk13
12 minutes ago, jk13 said:

That must mean dealers have the 2018 order forms and info on what is currently available. Still possible for options to be added as they are publicly announced. And of course, new models can be announced at any time.

yeah I'm not really sure how that works. They're likely to be very tight lipped though.

Here is my suggestion though:

Don't get an early spray date. Any new features added might be subject to minor changes/adjustments/tweaks throughout the first few months of building boats. The best time of year to place an order is in the Fall.

Edited by boardjnky4
2 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

There aren't anymore 2017 spray dates. The factory is already spraying 2018 boats.

End of available spray dates does not mean they're spraying 2018s.  Although a few 18s do come down the pike every now and again.

39 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

End of available spray dates does not mean they're spraying 2018s.  Although a few 18s do come down the pike every now and again.

yeah good point ... either way, you're not getting a 2017 anymore.

Edited by boardjnky4
1 hour ago, DarkSide said:

Even witb a 2018 you will likely not see it before august.  @boardjnky4 makes a good point that features change a little here and there,  fall is best time to order. Winter deals usually start around thanksgiving.

They usually start showing up in mid-August.

2 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Even witb a 2018 you will likely not see it before august.  @boardjnky4 makes a good point that features change a little here and there,  fall is best time to order. Winter deals usually start around thanksgiving.

35 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

They usually start showing up in mid-August.

Changeover is usually mid July after July 4 break.  My dealer already ordered several "blind".  

13 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

Dealer said I have a Mid June date if I want it, which would be a 2017.  What I've been told they start the 2018 production after the July 4th break.  I'm just going off what I'm told if you have inside info please let me know.  I know waiting till fall is ideal but if my boat sells this might be the best option for me.  

Edited by jb 156
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, jb 156 said:

Dealer said I have a Mid June date if I want it, which would be a 2017.  What I've been told they start the 2018 production after the July 4th break.  I'm just going off what I'm told if you have inside info please let me know.  I know waiting till fall is ideal but if my boat sells this might be the best option for me.  

@jb 156What boat are you ordering?  If it was a model update (23 lsv) seems like waiting for a 2018 slot would totally make sense.

• Like 2

My 2015 wasn't sprayed until June.  Didn't get it until second week in July.  Granted, I was told they had one more slot left when I was considering it, hence the incentives they put on the biat, so it was likely the very last 2015 VLX they made.  But I would be surprised if they were done spraying 2017's.

ahopkins22LSV

They may not be done spraying 2017's but the build slots might be full through June or however long they run 2017's before the change over. Just a though, I have zero inside intel. 

Think I'm going with an Axis t23, boat sold yesterday.  Pretty stoked!  Gonna start a help JB pick out his new ride thread.  

• Like 3

Hey guys.

Factory is still building 2017's.  Depending on the dealer there are one or two slots available, but most production is maxed out.

2018 dealer boats will build in July.  June is full 2017 production.

jb, if you want a T23, I've got a beautiful 2017 Black & Machine Silver.

Peter

Just now, ConnollyCrew said:

I thought this thread would get HOT today.....

Tell us what you know.  There's gotta be a reason your 2017 just went up for sale.....