Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Southern SurfFest Results

Anderson24

6 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Which is why the setup is critical.  Also if results are similar to the last couple years.   The wave is only about 1/3 of the scoring.   

Similarly odd is G25 came out better than G23?

My buddies 2013 G23 without the supposed enhancements to hull for surfing with only stock was better than both at surfest, and the 25 was inefficient in its extra two feet, still live the transfers, best in the industry 

Edited by granddaddy55

The consensus on the Nautique site is that the G23 surfs better than the 25, even if you weight the 25 more.  Although it is trying to be a longer version of the 23, it just doesn't quite work out that way.  If the waves were equal, it might explain why the 25 ranked higher.  Since there are less of the 25 out there, I think less guys know how to weight it well.   Maybe someone has it dialed in really well.  

I'm cheap and on wave I ranked the mojo pro and the T23 as winners in the most cost effective wave category that did not exist

On 5/25/2017 at 3:30 PM, griswold said:

grandaddy wrote up a pretty good summary of who ran what ballast/weighting. If i remember correctly, one of the Malibus had too much weight to fully use the wedge

I think that was the axis t23 and axis pro Johnny steig liked it that way and I did enjoy it, it was over 4000 lbs I think, without checking 

4 hours ago, DarkSide said:

I don't understand why they would not have done the FAE, the centurion solution is awesome.   However even with it the boat does create a lot of steam.    With the FAE you only get it at idle.  

The real smoker was the RZX2, the others were a flicker to that real fire, but again that was a really pushy small wave, some sarcasm but the push was real 

Edited by granddaddy55
11 hours ago, 05hammerhead said:

Im sad there was no 25LSV

I agree. Seems like all of these tests come out and the 25 LSV is consistently left out. Maybe there's just not enough out there to create the hype yet, but the 25 seems to be often overlooked. I don't get it because the 25 LSV is an outright BADA** boat. For the price I'm thinking it has to be the best value in Malibu's lineup. It's a beast and has a killer wave with a TON of potential. The fact it wasn't even mentioned in this test makes me really question the legitimacy of the whole thing.

• Like 2

It would be tough to get every brand/make involved with event like this.  I agree with others that waves are all different tastes.  Being a Malibu forum It was nice to see Malibu made a good showing and I am sure the 25lsv would have been no slouch either.  I would bet the 23 lsv would be comparable to the T23 wave.

In all seriousness it is crazy to me Mastercraft either did not show up or was not invited.  Maybe the dealer in that area wanted nothing to do with it.  MB is also a very capable boat that was not included.

• Like 2

Lets not forget that from a Mfg standpoint they will volunteer boats that they NEED MORE EXPOSURE TO SELL MORE.....No coincidence Malibu had its TWO MOST EXPENSIVE MODELS there.........Look  at dealer inventory around the country boys, these boats are slower moving and could create floor-plan nightmares for dealers....Malibu supporting its dealer network as it should....Helping push the heavies....Not to mention they surf well.....

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

For next year I want them to include steam rating into the results.  

I give the centurion and the moomba 5/5 plumes!

? ? ?

So, why do you have your profile pic of a non-hetero guy??????? Trying to say something??? 

Edited by ConnollyCrew
4 hours ago, ConnollyCrew said:

So, why do you have your profile pic of a non-hetero guy??????? Trying to say something??? 

I can appreciate a handsome man.  

• Like 2
On 5/27/2017 at 11:25 AM, bamaboy said:

For next year I want them to include steam rating into the results.  

I give the centurion and the moomba 5/5 plumes!

? ? ?

No way I was there, RZX2 and it wasn't steam it was exhaust

Edited by granddaddy55

I stay home for holiday weekends....pure kaos around these parts.  Not even worth burning the gas....however I'm heading out today in about hour, always great water day after the holiday :thumbup: it's when all the corporate peeps head back to work!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Fman said:

I stay home for holiday weekends....pure kaos around these parts.  Not even worth burning the gas....however I'm heading out today in about hour, always great water day after the holiday :thumbup: it's when all the corporate peeps head back to work!

Just switched schedules myself.  Monday is now LAKEDAY!

• Like 3
15 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Just switched schedules myself.  Monday is now LAKEDAY!

I have only seen one wakeboard boat on the water since I launched this year... :thumbup: we rarely go out on weekends anymore.