Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge Settings for Surfing

thejean

Before you flame - I realize this has likely been covered before and yes I searched both on here and google.

Here goes... I have a 2013 LSV (previous gen hull) with the surf gates and an extra 2150 lbs of ballast on top of stock (2x750 rear and 1x650 front). Just curious what you guys are finding to be the best wedge settings for surfing? I tried it halfway up at 10.8 mph and it started to wash out the wake on the goofy side. This video seems to help see the impact a bit but looking for some member feedback / experience.

Thx, JC

I have virtually the same set up with my 13 lsv, 750s in the rear, a 350 in the side locker, and a 1k for the bow when there aren't enough people.

I run my wedge 4 or 5 clicks up. More than that and it washes out, all the way down doesn't have enough push for my liking.

My wake doesn't look much diff than yours. I'm waiting on a 1100 to get tho to swap out for my port side 750.