Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding fat sacs to 08 23 LSV

stewtex2011

I have an 08 23 LSV Wakesetter and have been hooked on Wakesurfing as of late. I am looking to add ballast bags to both rear lockers and was curious to see which brands/combos were best and what size to buy??

Thanks in advance!

I really like my Wakemakers.com LBS ballast bags. 1" ports in all the right places. Crew supporters get 10% off too. Take a tape measure and figure out what size you need. Its ok to be a little wide or long, the bag will just fill to the area surroundig it. Leave it a bit short height wise, because the bag will round out and fill taller than is stated measurements.

Or you can just call them and they will get you the right ones.

I did 910# 45x 25w x 20h, and it was perfect in my 247.

56 minutes ago, TimbrSS said:

I really like my Wakemakers.com LBS ballast bags. 1" ports in all the right places. Crew supporters get 10% off too. Take a tape measure and figure out what size you need. Its ok to be a little wide or long, the bag will just fill to the area surroundig it. Leave it a bit short height wise, because the bag will round out and fill taller than is stated measurements.

Or you can just call them and they will get you the right ones.

I did 910# 45x 25w x 20h, and it was perfect in my 247.

I ordered the same for my '10VLX and my buddy ordered the same for his '07 LSV.  I would measure to see first before calling Wakemakers. They told both of us 25h x 20w is what we need. To me that didn't seem like it would work due to how the top of the compartment runs down 4-5" so the bag would be pressing up on it trying to squeeze thru.

The bigger the better. We have an 08 also. We put 1100s on top of the stock mls and we now have a surfable wave at 11.2mph. I built a suck gate and we have a great pocket. Propped with a 1235

39 minutes ago, sChamblee said:

The bigger the better. We have an 08 also. We put 1100s on top of the stock mls and we now have a surfable wave at 11.2mph. I built a suck gate and we have a great pocket. Propped with a 1235

Bigger isn't better, better is better. You want something that fits as close as possible to the locker shape, within reason. The fly high 1100's are 5" too long and they are a little too tall. The biggest issue with a bag too big is that its more of a pain to keep it situated properly.

The fly high 1100 will work fine, and if you can find used and save $, thats a good way to go. If you buy new, get Wakemakers lbs.

Don't get hung up on the # rating on the the bag... The actual locker space determines the volume you can fit.

Just now, TimbrSS said:

Bigger isn't better, better is better. You want something that fits as close as possible to the locker shape, within reason. The fly high 1100's are 5" too long and they are a little too tall. The biggest issue with a bag too big is that its more of a pain to keep it situated properly.

The fly high 1100 will work fine, and if you can find used and save $, thats a good way to go. If you buy new, get Wakemakers lbs.

Don't get hung up on the # rating on the the bag... The actual locker space determines the volume you can fit.

Very true.  I tried Wakemakers 910s in the rear lockers twice in my 06 LSV and it doesn't like them.  It has the 5.7 motor and it's too much weight in the back, even with a 650 bow bag.  Went back to Sumo 750s and it works fine. Just ordered Wakemakers 720s and they should be here tomorrow.

7 hours ago, TimbrSS said:

True! I just happen to run across a good deal. I would have went with the wm or the ronix bags if I was going new