Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

04 VLX Bow ballast

VLXLG

Getting the boat all ready for spring!!!  Went out last weekend with new 1100LBS Fat Sacs installed in the rear lockers (I know they don't fill to 1100 but I am hopeful they get 800-900).  I have a 400lb Malibu stock tank in floor mid boat.  Also, I purchased a set of Wicked gates from another Mailbu crew member.  The wave looked great and we surfed a little.  Water cold at around 70F!!!  

My question to the crew is around installing a bow sac under the seats.  I would like to install one and was looking to see who has and what type of luck they have had.  I was thinking I need as the bow is way up and was thinking that pulling it down may extend the wave.  I have read several post on the site but many are old and wanted to see what others have done and which sac fits best. 

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

Wakemakers 650 v-sac. it will fit under the seats but will only fill about 1/2 way. I found just throwing it on top was easier and gave a lot more weight. you will be happier with more bow weight

Yup, second the 650 v-sac. Lucky to get more than 250 out of it tho hidden under the seats. It does pop the seats up too so keep your eye on that. When you do this whole addition add an extra foot of hose to your order so you can pull them out from under the seats and put it on top.

The way I did mine was T into my center fill with a valve control, drilled a hole in the floor to run the hose to the bag. I ran the drain hose to a T and then into the drain pump with an inline on/off so I can control which one drains.

You could do this same thing but using the rear pumps and run the hose along the port side storage so you dont have to cut holes into the floor.

You could also do it the right way (and most expensive/most work) and add a reversible pump to control this bag specifically. I would have preferred doing this but I didnt want to add a new hole to the hull or deal with wiring in a new pump/switch.

I have the same boat. Really likes to be balanced out up front. I will run 2000 rear 400 center 1000 up front