Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 New Models/Updates

ahopkins22LSV

ahopkins22LSV

Just saw on the 'gram that there will be 4 new models/updates for 2018. It is May 17th, so why not start speculating!

My predictions:

1. 23 LSV Update w/ walk through and some other features that were added to the MXZ line. Or maybe new features
  2. M21 or M25 or maybe both
  3. Redesign to the A24 or T22. I think the A24 is the oldest axis model out there
  4. This is a long shot, but an Axis version of the TXi. Same exact running surface but Axis and maybe (hopefully) full rear bench seat!
48 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Just saw on the 'gram that there will be 4 new models/updates for 2018. It is May 17th, so why not start speculating!

My predictions:

1. 23 LSV Update w/ walk through and some other features that were added to the MXZ line. Or maybe new features
  2. M21 or M25 or maybe both
  3. Redesign to the A24 or T22. I think the A24 is the oldest axis model out there
  4. This is a long shot, but an Axis version of the TXi. Same exact running surface but Axis and maybe (hopefully) full rear bench seat!

Where did you see this?  Malibu's account... Come on, you know the rules. PICS!

ahopkins22LSV
2 minutes ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

Where did you see this?  Malibu's account... Come on, you know the rules. PICS!

Well the 2018 photoshoot is going on right now and I was reminded via a post that there is a promise for four new models each year. No pictures of the 2018's yet. This is all speculation of what they will be.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Amber Wing's feed showed (a) new Axis...hard to tell what it was but lines were definitely different.  The video has now been edited to cut that out.

probably an A24

My prediction for 2018: Expanded VLX Lineup

What they should do is have the current 22VLX roll to 22LSV. Then create more de-contented traditional bow boats at lower prices as a VLX lineup.

Edited by boardjnky4

That sure looks like the new lsv, seems to small for a 25 lsv.  I really like that center flip around seat!  As we discussed the same gel lines as the 22vlx and 25 lsv.  Will be cool to see the new stuff coming out this year.:)

@ahopkinsTXi:  speculation item #4 is an interesting one.  I would think the Axis version would be the bare bones and the bling (rear seat option) would be reserved for the parent company.  My guess and only a guess is too soon to release a variant on the new for '17 TXi.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Woodski said:

@ahopkinsTXi:  speculation item #4 is an interesting one.  I would think the Axis version would be the bare bones and the bling (rear seat option) would be reserved for the parent company.  My guess and only a guess is too soon to release a variant on the new for '17 TXi.

I really don't see an axis ski boat....ever.  De-contented ski boats are all anyone "says" they want, but never sell.  For 10 years Malibu sold very very few response/lxs when lxi came out, and the LXR has ALREADY been discontinued, as was the fxi (I realize it wasn't a decontented boat).  Finally, it's contrary to the whole axis "core-wake" mantra.  

My guesses:

M255

23 lsv

A24..now A25?

T20

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

I really don't see an axis ski boat....ever.  De-contented ski boats are all anyone "says" they want, but never sell.  For 10 years Malibu sold very very few response/lxs when lxi came out, and the LXR has ALREADY been discontinued, as was the fxi (I realize it wasn't a decontented boat).  Finally, it's contrary to the whole axis "core-wake" mantra.  

My guesses:

M255

23 lsv

A24..now A25?

T20

People who want a de content ski boat can buy a centurion - apparently even navigation lights are an option ;)  Seem to have heard a rumor that there might be a new Supreme branded ski boat at some point, not sure why since Correct Craft owns Nautique, Centurion and Supreme.

Edited by oldjeep
Just now, oldjeep said:

People who want a de content ski boat can buy a centurion - apparently even navigation lights are an option ;)  Seem to have heard a rumor that there might be a new Supreme branded ski boat at some point, not sure why since PCM owns Nautique, Centurion and Supreme.

Well, Correct craft owns Centurion, Supreme, and PCM.

34 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

My guesses:

M255

23 lsv

A24..now A25?

T20

I heard no new 23lsv this year at a boat show. I specifically asked about it.

2 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

...what do you expect them to say at a BOAT SHOW where they're trying to sell boats that are actually for sale?

Which ones did they say they WERE redoing?  

4 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

That is wrong.  I saw the new 23 lsv when I toured the plant in march.  They quickly walked us by it and didn't let us get a good look.  They said is was one of the prototypes for testing.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Fman said:

That sure looks like the new lsv, seems to small for a 25 lsv.  I really like that center flip around seat!  As we discussed the same gel lines as the 22vlx and 25 lsv.  Will be cool to see the new stuff coming out this year.:)

I dunno looks awfully 25 ish to me.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Skin2Win said:

That is wrong.  I saw the new 23 lsv when I toured the plant in march.  They quickly walked us by it and didn't let us get a good look.  They said is was one of the prototypes for testing.  

Can you confirm or deny that the photo above is the new 23 LSV? It looks like a 25 LSV to me. 

• Like 1
Just now, Skin2Win said:

I feel betrayed.... :(

The rep told me to search the interwebs and I would be able to figure out what other models would be getting a refresh...

Just now, hunter77ah said:

I feel betrayed.... :(

The rep told me to search the interwebs and I would be able to figure out what other models would be getting a refresh...

He told you the truth.  The 23.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Fffrank said:

Looks like a 23 and the wave looks HUGE!

Look at the exemplar 25 on the website.  All spacing of windshield, gel lines, and interior space match the 25.

Secondly, there is NO WAY Malibu would let that be the first drop of a new boat.  I think they learned their lesson from the red MXZ on memorial day years ago.

Edited by 85 Barefoot
4 minutes ago, mrnate450r said:

Can you confirm or deny that the photo above is the new 23 LSV? It looks like a 25 LSV to me. 

I can neither confirm nor deny such a thing.  It looks like the gel lines of the 23 I saw, but wrong colors.  The one I saw was charcoal metallic and mocha metallic.  It looked much more massive than the current 23.  More of a bull nose with a deeper hull.  Don't quote me on this but, I don't think it had the walk through transom on it which is a little disappointing.  

Edited by Skin2Win
Just now, Skin2Win said:

I can neither confirm nor deny such a thing.  It looks like the gel lines of the 23 I saw, but wrong colors.  The one I saw was charcoal metallic and mocha metallic.  It looked much more massive than the current 23.  More of a bull nose with a deeper hull.  Don't quote me on this but, I don't think it had the walk through transom on it though which is a little disappointing.  

...gotta differentiate from the MXZ.