Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Factory MLS diagram and adapters?

mokanmalibu

Does anyone have a diagram or pics of the plumbing for a 2002 sunscape LSV 21 MLS factory ski locker sac?   Mine came with MLS (center sac only) that we never used and removed about 4 years ago when focused on slalom.   Now the family wants to surf so it is going back in.  I have read on the forum that factory MLS sac had a bow side upper fill, stern side lower drain, no vent.  That seems to match the sac.   Can anyone confirm?  

I have  2 pumps, but the connections dont match up.  Routing wise I have A) bottom hull inlet to ball valve to pump to 1ft of hose.   B)  a pump that is wired but not connnected to anything.  C)  three 3/4 lines ending laying on the bottom near the pumps that route towards the front.  D)  I can see 2 lines connected the outlet port (under dash) above the water line.  

The lines are all 3/4 inch, but the sac has a 1" clear plastic male threaded (course).   Any suggestions for adapter sources?

We don't have a diagram for that system, but your summary is correct. There is actually a vent connection for the bag, but it is shared with the fill connection using a wye fitting so that only one port on the top of the bag is needed. If you're going to reuse the stock bag, you need to stick to that model; if you need to replace the stock bag at some point, nearly any new bag you install would have a second top port, which would allow you to connect the vent connection directly to the bag.

A) This is the drain pump, and will connect directly to the bottom port on the bag.

B) Sounds like the wye fitting I mentioned was removed as part of the extraction of the original bag. Like I said, a wye fitting is used to join the vent hoses to the fill connection so that only one hose is attached to the top of the bag.

The ports on that bag are a major weakness, and will definitely leak at some point in the future. All modern bags use a much more durable and stiffer threaded connection that won't leak. If you want to continue using that bag, this is how the factory connections were setup:

1. Perfect Union fitting (https://www.wakemakers.com/perfect-union-adapter.html) connected to a hose barb fitting (https://www.wakemakers.com/barbed-hose-fitting.html). The Perfect Union mates to the bag, and the barbed connection goes into the end of the hose.

Hopefully that helps.

Thank you!   That helped a ton.   I ordered the adapters from the links you provided.   Used a cell phone camera and found the wye fitting under the dash and behind the foot rest.    I made a rough drawing of the line connections and put it here...   Center Locker Diagram.     One of the pumps was bad, so now I need to find an replacement for a Rule 205FFA (now discontinued).    Thanks again.

Double check and make sure you don't have a second thru-hull fitting on the side of the boat for the drain pump to connect to (so the drain pump and vent/overflow connection each have their own connections out the side of the boat).

Any 3/4" threaded inlet pump and 3/4" hose barb discharge pump will work as a replacement for your factory pump. Let me know if you want us to hold the order to include one with it.