Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No 22 VLX in owners manual..

Lees23

Anyone notice this?  Were they considering getting rid of it?  Isn't it second,only to the 23 LSV, in sales?

IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

(I know this is the second time I have posted this but the first time it was in the wrong section and that post has been deleted)

Edited by Lees23

Yea, it was talked about a while ago on here, but I don't think anyone knows why.  It even fueled speculation they weren't going to make the 22VLX (which of course didn't make sense) around the time the 21VLX was being rumored.   I think for a while the 22VLX wasn't even on Malibu's site if I recall correctly, but don't quote me on that one.   

58 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

I guess with the storms today we're both on TMC dreaming of the water vs. being out on our boats.  Hey....better update your profile ("no boat currently").  

Need a Jayhawk as a profile pic... 

I noticed that in the PDF file too, thought maybe the hard copy would have been updated.   I like the idea of the top secret super boat.

On the other hand, maybe what I will have delivered will really be a 22 MXZ?

They must have considered discontinuing it...  It was in the 2016 Manual - so it had to be overtly deleted.   Im pretty sure they did not write the 2017 manual from scratch.

11 hours ago, Lees23 said:

I will just tell people that I have a secret boat that isn't available to the public. 

As far as Progressive Insurance is concerned I have a 22 MXZ.  They don't even recognize the 22 VLX.  C'est la vie.  ROFLMFAO.

With the badge down on the swoop that looks like a 2015 boat - they moved it up to the windshield on the 2016's and I assume it is still there on the '17s

Edited by PeteOOXXOO