Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Posting pics

Shastasurf

Just signed up for a new site where I can just load pics from my iPhone.   What's the problem with just making it simple for paid users.  The other guys can do it?

265CDA95-85B9-4D21-954A-07EAA313BDE3_zps

5C26C610-215C-40C0-A3DA-0AA51362218A_zps

The pics are from photobucket of what happens when trying to use a photo from my phones library.  Back and forth from photo bucket and uploaded images from phone to Photobucket.   I get it it's server space but cmon, user friendly for paid member, absolutely not.   I've read more than several( im being generous) posts   with same issues!

Edited by Shastasurf
2 hours ago, Shastasurf said:

Looks like sh*t!

Please keep your language polite. This was not a post for you but by request as a test. A post targeted for your attention would have been tagged in proper fashion or would have begun with your name at the beginning.

Next time I'll be more prolific. 

You please refrain from profanity. 

• Like 2

Picture quality is sh*t.  Nothing personal, but I want to post quality pic where people can make out the detail, or if I'm viewing I want to see good pics. Dido on the targeted for ur attention.

Edited by Shastasurf

FYI, Slurpee is my neighbor. I asked him to try to upload a few pics to see if he was experiencing the same issues that you were since I have more access to the site than you or he does. He happened to be at the park with his young son. I asked him to try when he got home and the picture you so eloquently described was the first of a few we had planned. He's out of it now. I've sent your problem to the other Admins. 

I'm having the same problems as Shastasurf. I post on the MB site and WakeGarage.com and never have issues. Those sites convert the pics to smaller storage size but retain viewing size/ quality. They also don't restrict downloads to 501k per day. They are free sites.  Here I get charged $25, yet have fewer privileges than on the free sites. Great site, great peeps, but not much bang for your buck performance wise. 

I find this site a very valuable resource, that's why I paid as a member my 50$.   But I will not renew as crew chief just for the photo thing, sorry to be petty.  I want to see what people are talking about but many of them can't post pictures. I also want to easily post pictures.  They just added a, how to post pics, but I made it a couple sentences in then scanned it and was like, uhh not easy enough for me!  I guess there aren't enough paying members to cover the cost of picture space?

Edited by Shastasurf

Hmmm, I get the same message as Shasta when trying to upload/attach from my iPhone.  I guess I had just been conditioned to use Photobucket here so hadn't even tried to attach lately.  I am using Safari if that matters. 

I have another issue,  when I am replying to a forum or PM I get the "insert other media" drop down but "click to choose file" link is gone.  The effectively forces me to upload a pic to another site or select one of the pictures I have previously uploaded.   Why can't I upload new pictures?

Edit:   Never mind.   Looks like my paid membership expired.   I guess I can post another issue...  I never received a notice to renew my membership.  I know I have received these in the past.

Edited by CedarLakeSkier
1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

How to post pictures in the Forums.

Looks like 500k is the limit for picture sizes. 

?dislike.  Considering not a single photo in my phone is 500kb.   But the site still has awesome information, and I'm happy for that.??

Edited by Shastasurf

The Photobucket thing is a pain, but I got used to it. I suggest a write up on how to post pics from various sites like Photobucket and put that in the FAQ?

i did a write up a while back but didn't have screenshots.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:42 AM, Ronnie said:

How to post pictures in the Forums.

Looks like 500k is the limit for picture sizes. 

Ok, so I am fine with 500k per pic.  I can resize, even though it is a pain, but it is 500k per day!!!!! Not per pic.  If I try to post a thread with more than 4 resized pics I get the dreaded warning that I can't exceed 501k.  If I go back the next day it lets me load 4 more.  Talk about clumsy.  Other sites that use Invision Power Services don't have this issue, so that means it is the site being cheap and throttling back pics.  That really sucks when you charge as much as you do.  Free sites that use the same webpage services don't charge at all and you can post as many pics as you want...

9 hours ago, Hyperryd said:

Ok, so I am fine with 500k per pic.  I can resize, even though it is a pain, but it is 500k per day!!!!! Not per pic.  If I try to post a thread with more than 4 resized pics I get the dreaded warning that I can't exceed 501k.  If I go back the next day it lets me load 4 more.  Talk about clumsy.  Other sites that use Invision Power Services don't have this issue, so that means it is the site being cheap and throttling back pics.  That really sucks when you charge as much as you do.  Free sites that use the same webpage services don't charge at all and you can post as many pics as you want...

I'll pass this on but I'm just the messenger. It's not my decision. If it was my site, you'd be looking at ads all over every page. This site would be paying me big $$ from the ads as well as a free new boat from Malibu every year. Can you imagine all the companies that would want to advertise here. Check out wakeworld.com to see what ads would do for your viewing experience. This site isn't some big corporate entity. We get no outside corporate or vendor support from anyone, not even Malibu. It's a site that was started by a handful of Malibu boat enthusiasts and is owned by one person. He has to make it work ($) and it not be a cash drain on him. The other Admins and Mods are strictly volunteer. We decided to not have ads here when we started the site in 2005. We still don't have ads but we still have to pay the bills. The photo size was established to conserve our resources at the server level. This storage costs us by the amount that we use every month. Linked in photos don't eat up resources like uploaded images to the server do because we don't have to store the image. Probably more than anything else on the site, photos take up the most storage. With the few members that $upport the site we have always been able to keep it going financially. Most $upporting members get much more here than their $25 or $50 a Year could ever buy outside of this site with just information and the friendships made here. When you add in the discounts we have been able to work into the Supporting member section, that supporting cost is reduced even more. Look at the number of members here that don't even own a Malibu. Do you think they are here to learn about Malibu Boats when they own a competing brand? Most of them are here because its a great site with great members. Not like their boats websites where things are sometimes much different. When you compare this site with other sites, please make sure that the other site is a grass roots site like this one with a small active membership and no ads. 

I'll talk with the other admins about the photo size. I don't know of any changes that have been made to the upload size in recent history but I'll make sure it's not something that has been changed unexpectedly. 

• Like 3
On 4/28/2017 at 8:33 AM, Ronnie said:

ebsites where things are sometimes much different. When you compare this site with other sites, please make sure that the other site is a grass roots site like this one with a small active membership and no ads. 

I am comparing it to a grass roots site.   Again,  I love the site! I just would like to see the pics that I read about daily that can't be posted.   And I would like to post easier.   But if it can't be done financially I get it, I own a 96 Malibu for the same reason.   I appreciate all volunteers, thanks  for the hard work.