Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 first day on the water

spikew919

On 4/20/2017 at 8:00 PM, MaliWop said:

I was basically stating that I don't see it acceptable to be picking up somebody else's scraps in a new boat (or anything for that matter). If you're okay with it than why change anything? Nothing else matters as long as you and your family are happy with the purchase. I've been hearing about/seeing a lot of this in areas where one could easily remove this crap in a matter of seconds. All they have to do is pay attention. That = unacceptable. In the grand scheme of things, it is minor when you really take a step back. I agree with you. Still not acceptable. I don't care what the decal on the side of the boat reads. Has it been happening with other manufacturers? I have no idea as naturally I have been following mainly Malibu for the last few years. I'm a realist so don't get me wrong. I'm not in any way stating that the Ri is going to be any better. I haven't even picked ours up yet so I literally have 0 experience with Centurion at this point. I hold Centurion accountable in the same way I would Malibu if I purchased the M235. As I have already stated, if I have any of these issues with my Centurion, I'll make sure to report back. Fair is fair. I've already read of some common issues already being found on the 257's, so I'd be kidding myself if I thought I was getting a perfect boat. I can always hope though. I don't have anything against Malibu. They build a beautiful boat. My MXZ was a great boat. This time around...... our wants in a boat and the pricing of the Malibu didn't line up. No different than when I buy a truck. I test drive the Dodge, Chevy, and Ford. I'm no fanboy. I buy the tool that works best for me (while taking price into consideration). Do I have my concerns about certain points regarding Malibu? Yup. That's going by what I've experienced myself and heard from those with first hand experience. Do I have my concerns about the lack of care in this world in general? Absolutely. Does it mean another manufacturer will provide a better solution? Not necessarily. I got a great deal on a 257 which will be a great boat for our family. That's why I went the way I did. The deal I made with my dealer on the Centurion wasn't on the table with the Malibu dealer. Nothing against them either. SWS is a great company and will serve Alberta extremely well. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy a boat from them or have my boat serviced by them. Not sure if I'm getting my point across. It's been a long day. If I am pulling the engine out next month to tighten a bolt on my steering cable........ I'll be right here bitching and giving you boys some comfort with the fact that you bought a Malibu. Whatever the situation, what anybody feels, or the boat you have........ this winter has been way too damn long and I am jealous of you Southerners that are already out on the lakes.

You should be, that's why the south is better. Longer season...?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, ConnollyCrew said:

This has been the warmest season in Dallas/Ft worth in a long time.  Water on my lake never got below 60.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ConnollyCrew said:

I got nothing. We need to move south. Only if y'all will have us with a Centurion in tow. <---------- I left the floor wide open here.

3 minutes ago, MaliWop said:

I got nothing. We need to move south. Only if y'all will have us with a Centurion in tow. <---------- I left the floor wide open here.

And I think there is a "w" in Yawl. 

I think they spell phonetically down there.

but I'm pretty sure they don't know how to spell phonetical 

8 minutes ago, Stevo said:

And I think there is a "w" in Yawl. 

I think they spell phonetically down there.

but I'm pretty sure they don't know how to spell phonetical 

Better teach @IXFE he keeps posting y'all. 

13 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

A yawl has two masts, with the mizzen mast in the aft.  Y'all got that?  And I am talking to all y'all, not just y'all.  

Eh, you live in the NW, your vote doesn't count. 

13 hours ago, IXFE said:

D7K_6238_zpsaaedd4f3.jpg

7208832081x640_zps47c254a0.jpg

Best looking truck ever. I am considering a white 2008 F250 diesel with 22,000 miles that I found but I can't stop thinking about this ^^^^^ truck. It would be just right towing my black and red boat. Thanks a lot for posting those pictures. You just made my decision even harder.

Since the derailment of this thread that should have ended after IXFE's non graphical data post, I will even further derail. I'm headed up to oroville tomorrow to spend a day with bunji169 who also jumped ship and went to another make after his second Malibu. 

@Stevo, where will you guys be Sunday?  I may head down to rivers end on Sunday to take a few sets with my BIL from Livermore if he can get out.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Best looking truck ever. I am considering a white 2008 F250 diesel with 22,000 miles that I found but I can't stop thinking about this ^^^^^ truck. It would be just right towing my black and red boat. Thanks a lot for posting those pictures. You just made my decision even harder.

Since the derailment of this thread that should have ended after IXFE's non graphical data post, I will even further derail. I'm headed up to oroville tomorrow to spend a day with bunji169 who also jumped ship and went to another make after his second Malibu. 

@Stevo, where will you guys be Sunday?  I may head down to rivers end on Sunday to take a few sets with my BIL from Livermore if he can get out.  

Now I'm confused! I thought this was best looking truck ever ?

IMG_4008.jpg

• Like 3
4 hours ago, spikew919 said:

Now I'm confused! I thought this was best looking truck ever ?

IMG_4008.jpg

Nice LBZ. They were a great truck. Don't ever let go of that puppy unless you get huge money for it.

2 hours ago, MaliWop said:

Nice LBZ. They were a great truck. Don't ever let go of that puppy unless you get huge money for it.

I did get huge money for it, put it on Craigslist thinking yeah no way anyone, would pay that. Did not stay a week. Hated letting it go. Had too many vehicles and she was just sitting most of the time. She was a beast. 

Well today's outing was a success!! Boat ran perfect. And on ballast times. I'm not sure on size of the tank in middle of boat. But that bastard takes 10 minutes to fill and  it has a 1-1/2 inch thru hull and 1-1/2 pump and still takes that long. But well worth the wait when you see the wave. 

And then there  was this thing. Got ready to put table up to have a sammich. I mean come on you had one job and a 50/50 shot to get it right or wrong ??‍♂️??‍♂️??? yep it's upside down 

IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4012.jpg

Great to hear you are back up and running!  Hoping Malibu/Indimar/Dealer can figure out my service engine code issue this week so I can retest next weekend!  I guess I may want to check my table mount as well.

7 hours ago, spikew919 said:

Well today's outing was a success!! Boat ran perfect. And on ballast times. I'm not sure on size of the tank in middle of boat. But that bastard takes 10 minutes to fill and  it has a 1-1/2 inch thru hull and 1-1/2 pump and still takes that long. But well worth the wait when you see the wave. 

And then there  was this thing. Got ready to put table up to have a sammich. I mean come on you had one job and a 50/50 shot to get it right or wrong ??‍♂️??‍♂️??? yep it's upside down 

IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4012.jpg

Tables are for pussies. Eat when you're at home. I can't believe you even wasted your money on that option.

4 hours ago, IXFE said:

Eh... nobody uses the tables anyway. 

But then again, the M235 demographic may be different...

7C42A907-F317-4BEB-9328-60BDD66F41AF_zps

Yes, we are different.  We have high expectations for our expensive boats to be assembled correctly and not breakdown frequently.  

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, potterm said:

Yes, we are different.  We have high expectations for our expensive boats to be assembled correctly and not breakdown frequently.  

I think the joke was more aimed at M235 owners are going to use your boat for wine and cheese parties over surfing and wakeboarding.

I promise you @IXFE excepts his boats to be assembled correctly when he takes delivery in a week. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, MaliWop said:

Tables are for pussies. Eat when you're at home. I can't believe you even wasted your money on that option.

Bahahahhaha. I invite you to load up at 7am with me and by 7 or even pm. If nothing but river, surfing, riding surfing, um surfing, riding,surfing and surfing. I bet you and your fam will be begging to drag that table out and have a Sammich. 

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️me me me I want a sammich, pretty sure that's all I would here ???

13 hours ago, IXFE said:

Eh... nobody uses the tables anyway. 

But then again, the M235 demographic may be different...

7C42A907-F317-4BEB-9328-60BDD66F41AF_zps

Me and my ? Keep our grey poupon in the snazzy malibu yeti cooler, that we are so glad malibu started putting stock on all their boats ????

Lets see some pics and videos of you guys dialing in this thing.  All I hear about is how great the wave and boat is yet see no videos and or pictures. 

Is this because they don't run long enough before they break down?