Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 first day on the water

spikew919

3 minutes ago, WAwinegrapes said:

Ya!  Blake was his name.  One of the best things Malibu ever did was letting him go!  2nd only to letting Mike Sanchez go!  Some of the stories I could tell you!

A while back one of my contacts told me that Blake was doing some consulting for MC.

WAwinegrapes
12 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

So why would they "cheat" the paperwork by dumping diacom info when they have to run the boat to get the info on there.

Why is madoff in prison for the rest of his life, why was Ken Lay in prison until he died in 2006, why did PG&E blow 1/2 of San Bruno, why did WPPSS only complete 1 of the 5 nuclear reactors they started to build (The biggest problems were endemic cost overruns, sloppy management and outright idiocy.), why did the US lie about the Gulf of Tonkin, the list is endless!

Wrap your minds around this. I know two dealers that sale both malibu and moomba/Supra.  They both have said the same thing. Moomba has less QC issues than the others. To which I asked both times well what about Supra then. And both had same response Supra electronics are their achelles heel. 

Just food for thought 

14 hours ago, WAwinegrapes said:

Why is madoff in prison for the rest of his life, why was Ken Lay in prison until he died in 2006, why did PG&E blow 1/2 of San Bruno, why did WPPSS only complete 1 of the 5 nuclear reactors they started to build (The biggest problems were endemic cost overruns, sloppy management and outright idiocy.), why did the US lie about the Gulf of Tonkin, the list is endless!

Take a tour and see if they will let you go out on a lake test. You will see exactly what I am talking about.

It's easy to armchair QB when you do not know the facts.

Still waiting on the Bill guy from the thread to open a boat factory since he seems to know everything about everything. He will build everyone "perfect" boats and then not be able to sell them because of the cost he would have to charge to make sure they are "perfect".

9 hours ago, Bawshogg said:

I originally figured 7-10 years MAX... I think we shall soon be upon it. 

Why is that?  2 weeks ago stock was 97% of its all time high.  There is no way the Board is disappointed, nor shareholders, and he makes $2M/yr.  So, what supports any speculation he would leave or be removed?

Edited by 85 Barefoot
17 hours ago, spikew919 said:

Actually no, but i plan to. But I will say this, I have been in business for over 20 years and if the people lake testing and checking these boats out are not over the age of 35, from my experience their is a high probability they are there because they think they deserve a check. And paper they are filling out on supposed lake test. Is about as good as the charmin in there by my toilet.  How long is this lake test. I mean my boat had .7 hrs on Meter when my dealer got it. How can you test ballast, gps, paddle wheel, and wedge, surf system and drain it all and be comprehensive in like 40 minutes??   I'm not smelling what they are stepping in with those numbers. They just add up.  

In 40 minutes you don't think you can test speed control, ballast, surf gate, wedge, and drain ballast?  That can be done in like 4 minutes.  

The low coolant issue, as the trend I'm seeing, is that the system is not making it up to temp, therefore not being bled, and then failing to top off.  And then when a boat gets used "normally", the air that did not get bled is needed to be compensated with more freeze.   My bet is dealers have reported this and corrective action taken.  

I've been to several of the factories and no one is there because they think they deserve a check.  They're working hard.  Malibu can track each component installation and by whom.  I know the mental image of people sitting around not caring pleases the conspiracy theorists whenever a new boat has an issue, but its not the case.

Edited by 85 Barefoot
  • Like 2
Just now, 85 Barefoot said:

In 40 minutes you don't think you can test speed control, ballast, surf gate, wedge, and drain ballast?  That can be done in like 4 minutes.  

The low coolant issue, as the trend I'm seeing, is that the system is not making it up to temp not bleeding air, and then filling, which is not enough to actually fill it until the engine runs at normal usage for a sufficient amount of time.  My bet is dealers have reported this and corrective action taken.  

I've been to several of the factories and no one is there because they think they deserve a check.  They're working hard.  Malibu can track each component installation and by whom.  I know the mental image of people sitting around not caring pleases the conspiracy theorists whenever a new boat has an issue, but its not the case.

4 minutes. Dang your boat comes off the super ballast line at malibu. I will kiss anyone's tail that has a malibu with areator pumps that fill ballast to capacity in order to check all lines for Leaks, which is the only true way in a lake test to test. I mean come on wake up to reality. 4 minutes surely you don't believe that. 

9 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

The low coolant issue, as the trend I'm seeing, is that the system is not making it up to temp not bleeding air, and then filling, which is not enough to actually fill it until the engine runs at normal usage for a sufficient amount of time.  My bet is dealers have reported this and corrective action taken.  

Well said.

The water tests I went on took between 15 and 30 min. depending on the type of boat it was. All ballast was completely filled, ran to check the wave, ran the gates, etc. A visual check was done for leaks, etc. It is pretty damn comprehensive.

Edited by 23LSVOwner
added more info
3 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

I don't have an M235, but my tanks are all peeing at 4'.

Ok so now your at 8 minutes then to Drain? So why they are full and peeing is someone looking at all lines and clamps to see if leaking?  

I mean thanks you proved yourself wrong about the 4 minute comment you made ????

That could be done on trailer...haha

Hyperbole is lost on you apparently.  I'm not suggesting a lake test can literally be done in 4 minutes, but 40 minutes is more than ample.

34 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

That could be done on trailer...haha

Hyperbole is lost on you apparently.  I'm not suggesting a lake test can literally be done in 4 minutes, but 40 minutes is more than ample.

you should be more specific. 

anyway, so half the lake test could be done on trailer. good to know, laketest kinda implies done on lake, hence LAKETEST

@23LSVOwner states 15-30 min for lake test.   He would have 1st hand info on this, thus not speculation.   

Keep in mind factory ballast does not include PNP so 5 ish minutes is fair for fill and drain. 

Also things are done in parallel.   Ballast fills while engine idles and warms up,  during this time inspection for leaks takes place.   Then ballast is full 10 min of abuse,  drain all, lake test complete.  

This does not give enough time to check every fitting, every hose clamp,  etc.   Just blatant leaks.  Especially when you think 16 boats a day!  

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

you should be more specific. 

anyway, so half the lake test could be done on trailer. good to know, laketest kinda implies done on lake, hence LAKETEST

yeah, didn't say that, was kidding, you know that, but yes, a lot of testing does not require it to be on the lake....well, wait a minute, we better not call it a lake test because its not on the lake, its on a river!

1 hour ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Why is that?  2 weeks ago stock was 97% of its all time high.  There is no way the Board is disappointed, nor shareholders, and he makes $2M/yr.  So, what supports any speculation he would leave or be removed?

Lets put some facts

Since first day of trading Malibu is up 20.12% (dividend reinvested included) and Mastercraft is up 37.27%. Oups, mastercraft is better from an investor point of view.

The dow jones industrial index if up 26.67% since Malibu IPO, oups again, better buy the index than Malibu for investor.

30 minutes ago, Fman said:

Anyone have latest data on Malibu market share?  Is the LSV still the number one selling boat in the entire wakeboat industry?

Probably, it is definitely in the sweet spot for price/performance.  The 2016 market share data will likely be revealed in the earnings release in 2-3 weeks, it will definitely be in the annual report in Aug/Sep if not in next month's data.

*even us lurkers, still have some useful info...lol

Btw, MC stock (MCFT) opened at $15.97 a share on July 17, 2015.  It's currently sitting at $15.93 a share.

Malibu stock (MBUU) opened at $17.75 a share on January 31, 2014.  It's currently sitting at $23.13 a share.

Edited by Chattwake

MBUU stock reached it's lowest point of $12.22 on June 24, 2016.  Today, it sits at $22.13 - up $9.91 a share.   MasterCraft stock also plummeted to $11.01 on June 24, 2016 (MC stock dipped to an all time low of $10.98 a share on September 16, 2016).   Today, it sits at $15.93 - up $4.92 a share.    

I'm no day trader, but it sure seems that MBUU is and has been the better investment.

Oups.

Edited by Chattwake
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, Chattwake said:

Btw, MC stock (MCFT) opened at $15.97 a share on July 17, 2015.  It's currently sitting at $15.93 a share.

Malibu stock (MBUU) opened at $17.75 a share on January 31, 2014.  It's currently sitting at $23.13 a share.

Yeah, MC stock would have been a much more solid investment.  

1 minute ago, Chattwake said:

MBUU stock reached it's lowest point of $12.22 on June 24, 2016.  Today, it sits at $22.13 - up $9.91 a share.   MasterCraft stock also plummeted to $11.01 on June 24, 2016 (MC stock dipped to an all time low of $10.98 a share on September 16, 2016).   Today, it sits at $15.93 - up $4.92 a share.    

I'm no day trader, but it sure seems that MBUU is and has been the better investment.

Oups.

tumblr_o8k28tpDH01s9a9yjo1_500.gif

52 minutes ago, billjames said:

Lets put some facts

Since first day of trading Malibu is up 20.12% (dividend reinvested included) and Mastercraft is up 37.27%. Oups, mastercraft is better from an investor point of view.

The dow jones industrial index if up 26.67% since Malibu IPO, oups again, better buy the index than Malibu for investor.

Thanks Bill.  Point wasn't that MBUU should be everyone's retirement plan, point is that there have been several swipes at CEO Jack Springer here for years, and my point is, who is it exactly that would be upset at him who actually makes those decisions?  MBUU up 28% for the last 12 months.  

Notably, I see that MCFT trades at almost precisely what it did went it went public.  I'm not research past years' dividends.  Don't care.  Not a comparison.  Point is Springer's company is more and more appealing to investors.  Just imagine if every boat got water tested for an hour!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Chattwake said:

If you want to look at it another way, MBUU stock reached it's lowest point of $12.22 on June 24, 2016.  Today, it sits at $22.13 - up $9.91 a share.   MasterCraft stock also plummeted to $11.01 on June 24, 2016 (MC stock dipped to an all time low of $10.98 a share on September 16, 2016).   Today, it sits at $15.93 - up $4.92 a share.    

Oups.

Appears MCFT did pay a $4.30 dividend last June.  And also appears that was the only time.  That's obviously extraordinary and appears to have had some investment bank involvement.  Within days stock price fell 30%.  So, theoretically, If you owned MCFT at IPO and held until now you got a roughly 28% return.  Not too bad, but clearly that was an anomaly.