Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 first day on the water

spikew919

8 hours ago, spikew919 said:

Or think about it this way, a ? walks into a bar, has several too many ?, then walks to urinal, relieves himself standing too close at a like a straight up angle into urinal, and being a strong ? his stream is around 3000 rpms.  Where does stream end up?? ???????

Now you're speaking my language brother!

Glad you got your boat fixed.  Enjoy the summer :)  

10 hours ago, IXFE said:

I wish that were true, but I've been to the factory and I know better. 

So much disappointment, if even the hard core fan boys loose their preferential treatment at the factory, the company is going south :)

Just a thought for the future.

Might want wait and see what your dealer finds before you post up about it. Everyone gets riled up, the torches and pitchforks come out and then.....

A good example being your last 2 threads.

26 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Just a thought for the future.

Might want wait and see what your dealer finds before you post up about it. Everyone gets riled up, the torches and pitchforks come out and then.....

A good example being your last 2 threads.

In fairness to @spikew919 the other M235 issue thread was not his.  It was started by @potterm who has engine codes AND hit something in the water, that caused the vibration.    

Is it also not fair to post real experiences, as he noted earlier in the other thread.

"if Malibu or the dealer didn't want pictures of loose clamps on a public forum, they wouldn't have delivered it that way" 

This information is useful, as I PROMISE you, several people checked their hose clamps as a result of his post.  Myself included.  

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

In fairness to @spikew919 the other M235 issue thread was not his.  It was started by @potterm who has engine codes AND hit something in the water, that caused the vibration.    

Is it also not fair to post real experiences, as he noted earlier in the other thread.

"if Malibu or the dealer didn't want pictures of loose clamps on a public forum, they wouldn't have delivered it that way" 

This information is useful, as I PROMISE you, several people checked their hose clamps as a result of his post.  Myself included.  

Ahhh. Saw 235 and got them both confused with each other.

I think real experiences are fair. The only problem I see is everyone jumps up to bash the company when it turns out it wasn't them.

Luckily the past 2 people did come back and post up the results. I've seen so many that post up an issue and then disappear. We never find out who's at fault, it's just assumed that the manufacturer is.

Edited by 23LSVOwner
typos-sausage fingers
  • Like 3
52 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

I checked my clamps as well. It is helpful knowing what items are being missed at the factory, so other new owners can check those items. I had the low coolant issue along with a few others as well.

• Like 2

Great, even better if someone can call the factory to let them know what items they are missing :). This might be of interest to them.

Next time, just buy the parts yourself and build the boat :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Ahhh. Saw 235 and got them both confused with each other.

I think real experiences are fair. The only problem I see is everyone jumps up to bash the company when it turns out it wasn't them.

Luckily the past 2 people did come back and post up the results. I've seen so many that post up an issue and then disappear. We never find out who's at fault, it's just assumed that the manufacturer is.

Good post, but in all fairness the pinhole In the heater hose was Malibu's fault. They are not properly filling system after heater installs. If so they would have caught that pinhole before it became a problem. Wouldn't you think. 

7 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

Good post, but in all fairness the pinhole In the heater hose was Malibu's fault. They are not properly filling system after heater installs. If so they would have caught that pinhole before it became a problem. Wouldn't you think. 

Or was it?

I had a pinhole pop up in a hose weeks after I had installed it on my vehicle.

ahopkins22LSV
16 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

I am not saying it wasn't Malibu's fault, but I would think that if the pin hole was there this would have been found during the water test they run every boat through at the factory. I wouldn't think (and really hope) that who ever did the water test had all that happen to them, just clean up the engine compartment and say "She's good to go!"

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I am not saying it wasn't Malibu's fault, but I would think that if the pin hole was there this would have been found during the water test they run every boat through at the factory. I wouldn't think (and really hope) that who ever did the water test had all that happen to them, just clean up the engine compartment and say "She's good to go!"

I'm not saying they water tested or not. I'm saying. Dealer had to add 10 quarts or 2.5 gallons just to top off a system that the book says holds 12 to 14 quarts. If they Truely lake tested. Then the thermostat would have filled and pressured up heater core lines and heater core. I'm still thinking they didn't lake test at factory. And the extra almost 3 gallons of antifreeze was to finshing filling, factory added heaters. 

But actually it don't mean a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. My dealer is headed my way with my boat as we speak. It's a good day ????

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
Just now, spikew919 said:

I'm not saying they water tested or not. I'm saying. Dealer had to add 10 quarts or 2.5 gallons just to top off a system that the book says holds 12 to 14 quarts. If they Truely lake tested. Then the thermostat would have filled and pressured up heater core lines and heater core. I'm still thinking they didn't lake test at factory. And the extra almost 3 gallons of antifreeze was to finshing filling, factory added heaters. 

But actually it don't mean a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. My dealer is headed my way with my boat as we speak. It's a good day ????

I may have missed it, but did they ad the fluid before or after you had your issue?

3 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

I bet you that if you call the factory up with your HIN they can tell you who lake tested it, the GPS speed, oil pressure, temp, etc.

I've seen the paperwork they keep.

ahopkins22LSV
4 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I may have missed it, but did they ad the fluid before or after you had your issue?

1 minute ago, spikew919 said:
4 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I just back tracked a bit, and saw that you said the dealer had to fill it up after the issues they had on their test run. That is very strange, fully agree.

Like you said though, the dealer is on their way to your house with the boat! And a beautiful boat it is. Really hoping for you that it was just the pin hole.

• Like 2
WAwinegrapes
23 hours ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

The shire is dark and dreary place, too much time spent there is not good for ones soul.   

The shire reminds me of the dark side, where the force is strong and not for the weak of mind!

Few return after entering the dark side!

42 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Or was it?

I had a pinhole pop up in a hose weeks after I had installed it on my vehicle.

Well I can guarantee and correct me if I'm wrong, but if you never even fill heater cores or lines then no way you will find pinhole. And if you read my post you know dealer added almost 3 gallons of antifreeze to a system without heaters that hold 12 to 14 quarts.  So what magic does factory use to check to see if lines leak? 

8 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

I bet you that if you call the factory up with your HIN they can tell you who lake tested it, the GPS speed, oil pressure, temp, etc.

I've seen the paperwork they keep.

Yeah I've seen kids working at oil changes places give cars that 20 something check list that numbers are pretty much identical every vehicle. And stand back and watch. They changed the oil. And filled out papers ?? Just saying