Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 first day on the water

spikew919

On 4/24/2017 at 9:42 AM, Dan Lee said:

Here's a pic from your perspective that day John!  Neil saw you with both foot on the back of the board digging on the brakes & kept taking it up, it ended up in lift mode 

IMG_3265.PNG

Does it bother anyone else that nobody is looking forward in this pic...including the driver?  Reminds me of the tube pullers on my lake.  LOL

I often glance back and forth as the driver, but have very little lake traffic normally.  

Wouldn't the autopilot feature of the G be active once the rider is up??;)

@Bawshogg don't worry, as the Op of this thread no one should apologize about anything they post here as far as I'm concerned. I like an open discussion. And I have actually learned a few things throughout it ??????

• Like 3
2 hours ago, bamabonners said:

Does it bother anyone else that nobody is looking forward in this pic...including the driver?  Reminds me of the tube pullers on my lake.  LOL

It didn't bother me....and I was driving.  

At least I didn't have to stand up to see over the bow. 

I figured the most bothersome thing in the pic to this forum would be those weird boards with boots on them that we have on the boat.

Edited by NAW
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, NAW said:

I figured the most bothersome thing in the pic to this forum would be those weird boards with boots on them that we have on the boat.

I don't get those boards.... I tried one last fall, and they just don't ride right, I kept washing out the back of the wave...

20160924_075748_zps55rvipve.jpg

2 hours ago, bamabonners said:

This was the day we were out there. Very few boats if any at all. I'd like to think that my amazing surfing skills were the reason everyone was looking. To be honest with myself though, my skills not worthy of four people watching...usually only one watches me, and that's only because it's the law. The stars must have perfectly aligned for that photo.

4 hours ago, DarkSide said:

I don't get those boards.... I tried one last fall, and they just don't ride right, I kept washing out the back of the wave...

20160924_075748_zps55rvipve.jpg

I don't get boards with boots on sideways...   I'll post a slalom pic of me in a few weeks.  It isn't pretty...  lol

In all seriousness though,  our lake is a river and you have to be watching for logs, trot line jugs, dead bodies and other things in the water besides just boats.  Back in the fall, rolled up alongside what i thought was branch in the water.   Turned out to be a whole tree just under the water.   

15 hours ago, Anderson24 said:

That happens to me all the time. No one ever sees the log though...

It's weird, usually happens when I am trying a 360. Darn logs. 

I always thought it was a seal grabbing my leg

16 minutes ago, JeffC said:

Is it safe to come back in here yet?  :whistle:

I like beer.

I think I will like my 22 VLX... whenever it gets here...

Looks like it, just not as much fun:lol: