Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 first day on the water

spikew919

11 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

Lets see some pics and videos of you guys dialing in this thing.  All I hear about is how great the wave and boat is yet see no videos and or pictures. 

Is this because they don't run long enough before they break down?  

Don't have any pics or vids yet of our wave. Still breaking In and learning eveything on new system. But this is a pic and soon as I can get vid that goes with this pic uploaded. Will post it. 

4 people on boat, ballast full, I think speed was like 11mph, no plug and play, wedge was all the way down in lift. I am 6' tall. Pic was taken mid boat 

IMG_4015.jpg

• Like 2

Did you try other wedge settings. I don't know much about the 235 however lift is normally not used for surfing and would reduce the wave size.

• Like 2
Just now, Sailvi767 said:

Did you try other wedge settings. I don't know much about the 235 however lift is normally not used for surfing and would reduce the wave size.

Yeah we knew that. It was just the demo. And sales guys weren't that sharp.  I will say this. Even as big as I am. Was able to get back 20'to 25' range on that flatter wave and still come back with minimal pumping. The wedge makes a huge difference in this boat.  I will post pics and vids as soon as I can of our wave and make wave tall as it will get. 

Just now, Sailvi767 said:

Last year when I demo'd the M235 at the factory the guy there insisted on running the wedge in "lift" mode. When I asked why he told me he'd tried it at a bunch of different settings and swore "lift" was the best. I'm still dubious of that statement. Wish I'd made him try other settings while we were out with him. For reference here's what the wave looked like that day...

09B2C4D4-F04F-4884-B3B7-6429E6A0E2B6_zps

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Last year when I demo'd the M235 at the factory the guy there insisted on running the wedge in "lift" mode. When I asked why he told me he'd tried it at a bunch of different settings and swore "lift" was the best. I'm still dubious of that statement. Wish I'd made him try other settings while we were out with him. For reference here's what the wave looked like that day...

I'm the same way. Don't see how lift can be best. Definitely will find the sweet spot. So many variables. With speed and wedge and enough power and prop that you don't have to worry about not carrying the load. 

Is it possible they installed the wedge upside down and that's why the wave looks so good in Lift Mode?

All jokes aside, that's a great wave for no PnP and the wedge on Lift. I'm betting if you got that wedge in the right position you'd have a hell of wave with just using In Floor Ballast. Might shorten a little but looks like you have plenty of length to lose (that's what she said). I'd be curious to see the comparison in waves using just stock in floor ballasts between the M and the G23.

And in regards to the table, I'd be ticked as well. our family utilizes ours constantly. It rarely gets stowed away.

12 minutes ago, MaliWop said:

Is it possible they installed the wedge upside down and that's why the wave looks so good in Lift Mode?

All jokes aside, that's a great wave for no PnP and the wedge on Lift. I'm betting if you got that wedge in the right position you'd have a hell of wave with just using In Floor Ballast. Might shorten a little but looks like you have plenty of length to lose (that's what she said). I'd be curious to see the comparison in waves using just stock in floor ballasts between the M and the G23.

And in regards to the table, I'd be ticked as well. our family utilizes ours constantly. It rarely gets stowed away.

On the table deal, this is first with side mount table we have had, I'm idling along and my wife gets table and all out and 10 minutes later she finally looks at me with scoul look on her face ??. Says something's not right. To which I reply, can't be that hard.  Guess who got chewed out. ??‍♂️??‍♂️ Me this guy ? 

Thanks Springer, you should buy the next round of GREY POUPON ????

And in regards to G and M, my wife and We were sold on the G and almost did not demo the M the next day, did demo X23 also. But after the M demo. Were blown away at the difference. Could be we are used to malibu wave so liked it better. G wave is good but way different and shorter pocket. Had to work harder. Just my experience. 

Edited by spikew919
45 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I surfed it in lift mode as well. Heard the same thing. When I was surfing I asked the driver to mellow out the wave. His response..."we are in lift mode!" 

Granted...we did have pnp sacs on top of factory ballast. Maybe those sacs weren't needed, and you could have used the wedge a little more. Either way...wave was huge!!

I must say, those waves look amazing.  It might surprise you but I did surf the M235 at the factory and I thought the wave was awesome.  

I just wanted to see what it looks like dialed in .  Keep em coming.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, spikew919 said:

I'm the same way. Don't see how lift can be best. Definitely will find the sweet spot. So many variables. With speed and wedge and enough power and prop that you don't have to worry about not carrying the load. 

If I could go back and have another crack at the M235, I'd bump the wedge up at least 2-3 clicks (in hopes of making a crisper lip and generating more push), then speed the boat up to 12ish mph (to get some length back). 

Just now, IXFE said:

Wave looks great. 

You know what playing loud rap tunes from your tower speakers makes you, right? :yahoo:

In my defense. That was dealer demo ??‍♂️ 

That being by said, that's one of the great parts about the river. Nice deep and wide, and you can always find a stretch where no one will bother you or you them ??

Just now, spikew919 said:

In my defense. That was dealer demo ??‍♂️ 

That being by said, that's one of the great parts about the river. Nice deep and wide, and you can always find a stretch where no one will bother you or you them ??

I ain't judging you; I like tunes as much or more than anybody on this forum. I was more poking fun at that absurdity of that other thread.

I was not joking when I said wave looks great.  Hoping you'll post more vids as you zero in on what you like best.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I ain't judging you; I like tunes as much or more than anybody on this forum. I was more poking fun at that absurdity of that other thread.

I was not joking when I said wave looks great.  Hoping you'll post more vids as you zero in on what you like best.

Just went and checked out that thread. Pretty sure he is a lake NAZI. Omg some people have issues. Someone should tell him North Korea has some openings in their government ??

and thanks will definitely post more vids next outing since I figured out how now. ??

Edited by spikew919
1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Wave looks great. 

You know what playing loud rap tunes from your tower speakers makes you, right? :yahoo:

This is awesome!!!

I have a feeling that his DB post will me mentioned and quoted for quite some time. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, IXFE said:

If I could go back and have another crack at the M235, I'd bump the wedge up at least 2-3 clicks (in hopes of making a crisper lip and generating more push), then speed the boat up to 12ish mph (to get some length back). 

I think you've got the right idea.  Prior to my prop and engine code issues. Wave looked awesome around 12 with full ballast (550x2 pnp) with 2 clicks of wedge.  Lift mode made it really long and mellowed it at slower speeds.  Hopefully will have some pics to add next weekend.

5 hours ago, spikew919 said:

Just went and checked out that thread. Pretty sure he is a lake NAZI. Omg some people have issues. Someone should tell him North Korea has some openings in their government ??

and thanks will definitely post more vids next outing since I figured out how now. ??

13 hours ago, NWBU said:

M235 wave pics are the new unicorns - someone needs to post some dialed in pics not from dealer demos soon.

I'll be demoing m235 and G23 back to back at southern surfest, can't wait to surf the G killer, it better be good cause the competition is very good!  I'm suspecting stock only so I hope the m is ready

then it's the G25 back to back against the ri257 , 

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 3