Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lights for night surfing

pawter1970

7 minutes ago, Nana said:

Hi has anyone used the lights that go in your drain plugs? http://directigniter.com

Thats a new one. Interesting an igniter company is making LED lights. 

Diablo makes a large variety of products. $45 to $400+. check em out. And do a thread search on here.. They are talked about. Search is your friend :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just keep in mind that the reason it is illegal to use lights like that on the water is that it does very little to help the driver (you have to have something/someone to reflect the light back before it helps) but it blinds all the other boats operating in your direction. It's the equivalent of using parking/running lights in a car from the drivers persepctive, but super bright high beams from the other boats persepctive. I hope that makes sense. 

Those bright lights are usually labeled "docking lights" because that is the one time it makes sense to use them.  They really help light up a dock when you are approaching it, and it is highly unlikely that you would be blinding any other operators.

On 4/17/2017 at 7:25 PM, Cmb396 said:

I have a Diablo 4 light led drain plug light. Works great when the wedge is down, not so much with the wedge up.

Interesting. A 4 light setup and the wedge still blocks the light huh? An pics of the lights on with wedge up and then down?? That would be useful on here. I already bought my light and waiting to install so its too late for me but I plan to start a new thread on here labeled something like "Transom lights and wedge problems?" or something to the effect so its easily searchable when people have the question.

3 hours ago, AJwakedevil said:

Interesting. A 4 light setup and the wedge still blocks the light huh? An pics of the lights on with wedge up and then down?? That would be useful on here. I already bought my light and waiting to install so its too late for me but I plan to start a new thread on here labeled something like "Transom lights and wedge problems?" or something to the effect so its easily searchable when people have the question.

No pics on the water, but hopefully will have some in the next couple of weeks!! Weather willing!

They work well with the transom lights, with both on, it puts out quite a bit, and the white doesn't drown the blue out too bad. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Saw these mentioned over on WW. I've looked for some tower lights for a wile that don't have that Chinese Look or Off-Road Look, these might be good. No idea on price yet.

Tower Lights

Found them online for $160 each.  You can do a quick google search for "Octane – LED Wakeboard Tower Light"  

i really like these, and was hoping they would be a little less expensive.