Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2003 VLX Factory Ballast Replacement

Bortonj1

Does anyone know the parts required to replace the hard tanks in the rear? I know wakemakers has a tankbuster kit with everything you need (doesn't say what is in kits though), but they are $99 a side. I have two 750 fly high sacs ready to go, just need the amount of hose, and the various connectors. Seems like it shouldn't cost $200 for all of that. Any help would be appreciated!!

You can always call one of our product experts for advice. Yes this install can be done with just fittings, hose and hose clamps, but in that case you'll deal with passive draining issues that are addressed with our integration kit. Some people see the value in that, some don't, but the purpose of our kits is to offer the best solution we know how to. If that doesn't appeal to you we can set you up with the quick connect fittings for a quick and dirty install.

25 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

I would re-do most of it.  The factory pump setup will be slow as all get out for 750 bags. 

What would you recommend in terms of pumps, hoses, etc?

Your stock pumps will take approximately 7.5 min to fill or drain. Only you know if that's too slow. If it is, you can replace them with higher capacity (1100GPH) aerator pumps to bring the time down to a little over five minutes. Again, only you know if those time savings are worth the effort.

You could also replace the aerator pumps with reversible pumps, but you have the infrastructure there already, and would be able to use the same wiring with aerator pumps versus needing to replace that if you go to reversible pumps. If there was nothing in the boat reversible pumps are generally the most popular, but for this upgrade I would suggest sticking with aerator.